Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Rooms?

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Hi Folks, I am most likely planning another trip to Disney for April 2017. My daughter(13) and I have only stayed at The Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid rooms for the last three years. For our 4th trip I would like to try a moderate resort if my budget allows. I would like to hear from folks who have stayed in a Royal Room at Port Orleans Riverside. Did you enjoy the rooms? Did you feel it was worth the upgraded price? Would you recommend the resort? Any tips for this resort?
We love the theming of AoA so that is why I am looking into the royal rooms. I feel this is a more grown up version of the Little Mermaid rooms and might make a nice change.
Thanks for your input!

DisneyFans4Life

We stayed there for 8 nights last summer and absolutely loved it!! The resort is great and the royal guest rooms are themed very well. We will definitely be going back :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Fireworks in the headboards, what's not to like??!!!! :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Royal rooms are deluxe at a moderate price. POR is a beautiful, relaxing resort and definitely worth an upgrade over a value resort.

JasonDeyoung

Hi Folks, I am most likely planning another trip to Disney for April 2017. My daughter(13) and I have only stayed at The Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid rooms for the last three years. For our 4th trip I would like to try a moderate resort if my budget allows. I would like to hear from folks who have stayed in a Royal Room at Port Orleans Riverside. Did you enjoy the rooms? Did you feel it was worth the upgraded price? Would you recommend the resort? Any tips for this resort?
We love the theming of AoA so that is why I am looking into the royal rooms. I feel this is a more grown up version of the Little Mermaid rooms and might make a nice change.
Thanks for your input!
Stayed 8 nights in a RGR back in November and loved it. The theming was great, the location was awesome and id stay in one again in a heart beat. As said above it almost felt like a deluxe room instead of a moderate. You'll love it

Scott10

My daughter's LOVED the Royal Rooms on our visit a few years ago and we all loved the resort so much that we returned to stay in Alligator Bayou the following trip!

Wdw62114

I stayed at POR in 2014 and go a free upgrade to a royal room. The theming and design were very impressive.......for the first 10 minutes, then it wore off and never really noticed it the rest of my stay. Not worth the upgrade to royal in my opinion (unless its free).

DizneyPryncess

We stayed in a Royal Room with our daughter, she was 3 at the time. She absolutely loved all the Princess touches. The fireworks were the best part, but she loved finding all the hidden things left from all the Princesses. The welcome letter was a nice touch too. In general, we prefer FQ for it's smaller size, but we would go back to Riverside too. I thought it was worth the extra cost. :)

Demeter Tess

I've stayed at both Art of Animation and Riverside. It is absolutely worth the extra money to stay at Riverside. You will notice a HUGE change in overall quality, not to mention service and theming. The regular rooms are very nice, the royal rooms are fancier and have a great location near the main building. If the price is just too much for the royal rooms, I'd highly recommend a regular room. Who knows, maybe you'll love it so much that next trip you'll come back and swing for a royal room?

Magenta Panther

Stayed at Riverside a couple of times and my preferred resort is the Wilderness Lodge. I liked Riverside, the only thing I would say is there is some walking involved which is true at most Disney resorts. I also would have liked just one bus stop to quicken things up but not a major complaint.

If money allows I would upgrade.

I have to agree about the walking part. The place is sprawling. It's lovely, lots of water features, but not great for aching feet.

Tinkerbella16

The royal rooms are my favorite that I've stayed in so far! My last 3 trips, I stayed in a royal room and I just love it! I prefer the queen beds over the full size, and the rooms are slightly bigger which is nice to have the extra space.The décor and grounds of the mansion area are so beautiful. I always request building 90 and book garden view. Each trip, the room location just got better. I stayed for 10 days this past November and my room was facing the quiet pool, just steps away from the foot bridge, so the walk to the main building and South Depot bus stop was only about 3 minutes. It is a big resort, but I found building 90 Oak Manor to be perfect - not far at all, so we like to book the RR and request that building when staying at Riverside. If you are in building 95 Parterre Place, you might have a further room, depending if you book standard view.

POR is just so relaxing and quiet.. I really feel like I am on vacation every single time I stay there. Also, the food court at POR is one of the best! I must say, this past November, my friends were staying at AoA so I went over there one night to hang out with them and have dinner. I couldn't believe how loud it was everywhere, inside and outside.. there were people everywhere. I think that is something I am not used to at POR. Even when the resort is fully booked, you'd never know it. It is so quiet.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
My daughter's LOVED the Royal Rooms on our visit a few years ago and we all loved the resort so much that we returned to stay in Alligator Bayou the following trip!
I am glad to hear that your daughter loved the Royal Rooms. I think my daughter will as well. Thanks for your reply.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
We stayed in a Royal Room with our daughter, she was 3 at the time. She absolutely loved all the Princess touches. The fireworks were the best part, but she loved finding all the hidden things left from all the Princesses. The welcome letter was a nice touch too. In general, we prefer FQ for it's smaller size, but we would go back to Riverside too. I thought it was worth the extra cost. :)
Thank you! I think my daughter will love the rooms as she has enjoyed the Little Mermaid rooms.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Stayed at Riverside a couple of times and my preferred resort is the Wilderness Lodge. I liked Riverside, the only thing I would say is there is some walking involved which is true at most Disney resorts. I also would have liked just one bus stop to quicken things up but not a major complaint.

If money allows I would upgrade.
The walking doesn't bother us. The walk to the rooms at AoA from the main building is quite long and we also walked to Pop Century a lot during our stay for Mickey Ice Cream bars. I can see the bus stop thing being an issue during a busy time so I will have to consider that. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom