Port Orleans riverside good or bad?

wdwstateofmind

Yea was looking into rental but on the other trips we have always used DTS with no real problems except park closing time which it to be expected and when we where over at pop we just happened to be in MK when the colts won the Super Bowl that was busy lol
I mean for the money, the rentals are worth making your own schedule and not having to worry about Disney trans. I'd rather not spend 45 min. + a day on a bus, but that's just me...

twinfo3728

We really enjoy the POR. As far as we are concerned it has one best food areas! The theming is great! The transportion is bus and out of the couple times we have stayed only ran into an over crowding/not enough buses once. There is a boat that will take you to downtown Disney or Disney Springs. I do recommend a jacket if taking the boat in the evening. It always seems there is a cool breeze in fall (late September and October) coming off the water.

luv

It's a nice place to stay. Loads of landscaping. Has a calmer feel to it than the rest of the mods, IMO. Also the best food court.

I prefer Alligator Bayou to the Mansions section. Those Mansions look a little phony to me and the rooms seem a little funeral parlory. But I am in the minority on that. Most people adore the mansions side and love those rooms. They request mansion over AB all the time.

There are a bunch of smaller pools, if you don't want the noise and activity at the main one.

It's also a lovely place to walk if you don't get enough of that in the parks, lol.

DizneyPryncess

I've only stayed at POFQ, but we walked over to POR each day. We loved the food court, the walking path connecting the resorts, and the peace & quiet there. That's where we are planing our next stay. :)

real mad hatter

Best Mod on property :D
Everyone should book here first before trying for CBR and CSR last :cautious:
First stay was CBR..Loved it..Second stay was POFQ..loved it..Third/Fourth/ Fifth stay has been PORS..No way I'm getting a divorce from her..The reason I've never booked CSR is the convention thing and the food court thing..And it's too far from my beloved Sassagoula river...:p

KwikE

Go beach club. Kinda pricey. Stayed there once. Wont stay anywhere else. Go to beaches and cream. Try the kitchen sink. ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We grand opened Dixie and have been regulars there for 2 decades now. I love it. Morning to Night a great resort for $$. We have stayed at Deluxe resorts here and there but always gravitate to POR. It is tame and not a visiting attraction for guests staying elsewhere which makes it even more of a draw. But what it comes down to is I can stay for 2 weeks at POR and if I stay at the deluxe I can only stay at WDW for 5-7 days. No brainer for us.

Just wondering what port Orleans riverside is like we are going there in October never stayed there before, we have strayed at pop and AKL and loved both pop for its themes and AKL for opening the balcony doors and seeing the animals just walking past

We stayed there for our first visit to DW 2 years ago. We loved it - very quiet and peaceful.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Just wondering what port Orleans riverside is like we are going there in October never stayed there before, we have strayed at pop and AKL and loved both pop for its themes and AKL for opening the balcony doors and seeing the animals just walking past

We really liked staying at PORS. However...the buses, specifically to MK, were terrible. Terrible isn't even a strong enough word. :oops: It was ridiculous! Almost witnessed a fight one night at MK while waiting in line b/c people were sick of waiting they started to jump the line! Crazy! At that time, my DH and I decided that is why we will stay at Deluxes for as long as we can. That being said though, at AKL, you rely solely on buses so in the end, from a transportation perspective, you are not really gaining anything other then the Deluxe Experience and the animals. As for PORS the resort - we thought the resort was beautiful, and the food court, specifically the pasta bar, was delicious. I like the Deluxes b/c of the extra amenities. So based on that - that gets my vote. But I would recommend PORS and would stay there again. Maybe when I had my own car or take a taxi. ;)

acishere

My favorite resort, but if the size and multiple bus stops are an issue than POFQ might be better fit for you.

Walking through the Alligator Bayou area though at night is downright beautiful. The smaller quiet pools are wonderful. It has a better food court than POFQ. Also the way Alligator Bayou rooms are decorated is just plain cool. The mansion rooms however I find a bit to generic.

Hobnail Boot

If I can't stay at a deluxe, POR is my next choice. It's quiet, the themeing is excellent, and the rooms feel bigger than other moderates for some reason. I prefer to stay in Alligator Bayou but I'll stay in the mansions if I have to. I'm from Savannah, so as long as they don't put me in one of the mansions I'm happy. The first time I stayed at POR they put us in a mansion and I swear the courtyard with the fountain looked just like downtown and Forsyth Park. :p

The only downside to the resort is that bus service does seem slower here to me.

disneygirl1

We added a few days on to the end of our trip in June and stayed at POR. We loved it! The theming and the overall atmosphere of the resort was great! Will definitely stay there again in the future. Loved being able to take a boat to and from DTD. We stayed in alligator bayou and loved the section. We had a pool view and we are centerally located to the main building, main pool and bus stop.

Also I was surprised to find out just how close we were to both Mk and EP. That was an added bonus!

Be sure to check out HeeHaw Bob too in the lounge at night. So much fun!

Stellajack

Premium Member
PORS = AWESOME TRIP. Hint, Hint---If the bus stop line is long at MK in the evening, go to the POFQ line. Usually much shorter, then it's a nice quiet walk or boat ride back to RS.

So true! The walk from POFQ to POR takes probably about the same time as the walk from Splash Mountain to MK entrance (10-12 min). Riverside is our favorite resort but we always take the POFQ bus when it looks as if we might have to wait for the 2nd or 3rd bus at any of the parks' Riverside bus stops.

Dwarful

I will say when we arrived in July there was a large Brazilian tour group. Not sure if that is now the norm for that time of year. We weren't there long enough to see how or if it impacted the resort amenities. I know we saw very large bus lines at MK at closing...very similar to All Star lines with the large tour groups. But it is a beautiful resort and we can't wait to go back and give it a real try.

real mad hatter

It's funny, back when I was trying to decide between POR and POFQ everyone was all "POFQ is the best moderate!" (So I went with POFQ for October!) Now everyone is all "POR is the best moderate." Not sure where all the POFQ fans have gone...
They've sailed north up the Sassagoula to PORS.;)...Only joking,you'll love POFQ..Who wouldn't love New Orleans and all that jazz..Where's Elliot?:eek:..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom