Port Orleans Riverside - 1st Visit questions

cerigirl

Hi there - i am new on here and would like to firstly say hello:wave: , and secondly ask a few questions about Port Orleans Riverside.

We are going in Sept 2007 and staying with DDP for 14 nights. We have two children (8,4) and are wondering - where is best to go for breakfast and how much should we tip each day for housekeeping? Should we use a counter service DDP token for breakfast, pay or go off-site?

Just organising my other ADR's for main table service meals - any good suggestions? Thanks!:xmas:

tunaman68

img1482zz5.jpg

Plus you get to see this every day!!!

Upvote 0

tink rules

I didn't see this posted anywhere yet... but if you are going down in Sept... keep an eye out to see if they are going to have the free dining promotion again next year (I think it came out around May or June of last year...) They may not have it...but they've done it the last two years and it's been super popular - you just have to call back and have them switch you over to it. It can save you bucks!!!

Keep an eye out here on the board also...if they have it...someone will post it.

A note though... it's really hard they say to get some Advanced reservations for some spots, so be ready 180 days out to get on the phone and get the reservations you want.

Check out the menu's on All Ears - they have a great reference...

www.allearsnet.com

Have fun and save me some waffles!!!

ALSO... on the subject of tipping... I usually make up envelopes with either stickers or printed on my computer that say "Thank You Mousekeeping" and leave them usually by where they restock the glasses, etc.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

I hear POR as a yummy breakfast...though I've never been (had to get into the Parks)

but LOVE, LOVE POR...

my favorite...have trouble staying anywhere else...

$3-$5 a day tip? i never know...

Hi there - i am new on here and would like to firstly say hello:wave: , and secondly ask a few questions about Port Orleans Riverside.

We are going in Sept 2007 and staying with DDP for 14 nights. We have two children (8,4) and are wondering - where is best to go for breakfast and how much should we tip each day for housekeeping? Should we use a counter service DDP token for breakfast, pay or go off-site?

Just organising my other ADR's for main table service meals - any good suggestions? Thanks!:xmas:

Upvote 0

cerigirl

Original Poster
Thanks for all of your replies - the breakfast look great!!!!! Sound Yummy!!! Think I may have to do as one thread said and get some milk and cereal for quick dash brekkies, as if I ate at Boatwrights every morning, I may not fit in my airline seat on the way home!

Thanks about the tips, best make sure they go where mousekeeping knows they are for them!

I am so excited - hubbie is so blase about it all and will only get excited when we are there! But i love all the planning and knowing none of my family have been before, gives me such a thrill to know what they are going to see!!! Have a great Christmas!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I agree with whats been said about Boatwrights being a necessity at least one morning.

For breakfast, I prefer to get out to the parks and get something there, possibly after going on a ride or getting a FP. Although I understand that they are changing the format, it was always a routine to go on the Safari at AK then stop at Tusker house for breakfast.

In MK, there is Main Street Bakery, and Epcot, Electric Umbrella is OK.
At MGM, the Commissary is adequate, not great.

With the young children, I would also second planning for a character breakfast. Chef Mickey's is always fun, others can be based on character preference.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom