Port Orleans Re-Opening

Stellajack

Premium Member
Oh, please, please, please allow me to change from Coronado Springs to Riverside tomorrow!! Down the Sassagoula to Disney Springs!
No, I don't mind the size of Riverside at all. After the miles we put in each day in a park this resort size is nothing. I am thrilled at this news!

walt disney animation studios GIF by Disney

CynBeth

You'd think I would have paid better attention here, but what is the general consensus on PO vs. Riverside. Is the main difference size and noise level?

We have stayed at both FQ and POR and love them! First was FQ I forget how many years ago but it was before the renovation. Some parks we did not share a bus with POR other times we did. We were in one of the furthest buildings and found it a short walk to the food court and also a short walk to visit POR. We stayed at Riverside in a royal room a few years ago and it was a short walk to the food court and enjoyed the grounds. Found the bus system just fine. We did not notice noise either place and it was Thanksgiving week each time.

DisneyPretzel

Any idea when booking will open tomorrow morning? I need to change my December reservations to FQ! Does it matter if I change the reservation or is it better to book a new reservation and cancel my old one? I know everyone will be trying to book at the same time. We stayed at FQ for our honeymoon and loved it.

James J

In the Parks
No
Any idea when booking will open tomorrow morning? I need to change my December reservations to FQ! Does it matter if I change the reservation or is it better to book a new reservation and cancel my old one? I know everyone will be trying to book at the same time. We stayed at FQ for our honeymoon and loved it.
It'll be about 7am EST.

nickys

Premium Member
Oh, please, please, please allow me to change from Coronado Springs to Riverside tomorrow!! Down the Sassagoula to Disney Springs!
No, I don't mind the size of Riverside at all. After the miles we put in each day in a park this resort size is nothing. I am thrilled at this news!

walt disney animation studios GIF by Disney
Just in case you’re unaware, at the moment the boats aren’t running from OKW or SSR to Disney Springs. There’s been no word on when they might return.

Obviously once POR and POFQ open it’s more likely the boats will start running again. 🤞🤞

James J

In the Parks
No
Annoyingly they don't seem to have been released for international guests yet, as they're not appearing on the UK Disney site!

EDIT: All sorted and now showing!

Last edited:

mf1972

was looking into a split stay for RS & FQ for our travel dates. FQ has no availability, so we got a preferred room at RS instead. we’ve visited RS but never stayed there, so i hope we’ll enjoy it. only downside was after a 2+ hour wait on the phone, i could’ve done this online instead.

aliceismad

You'd think I would have paid better attention here, but what is the general consensus on PO vs. Riverside. Is the main difference size and noise level?
We had some noise at POFQ, but we expected that because we asked for (and received) a room overlooking the pool area. My kiddo adored the pool and splash pad area at POFQ. Riverside is more expansive. It's also has the sit-down restaurant if you care about that. POFQ has Mickey beignets. (Riverside is a bit more romantic, in my opinion. POFQ feels more festive, and Riverside feels more relaxing.)

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
We had some noise at POFQ, but we expected that because we asked for (and received) a room overlooking the pool area. My kiddo adored the pool and splash pad area at POFQ. Riverside is more expansive. It's also has the sit-down restaurant if you care about that. POFQ has Mickey beignets. (Riverside is a bit more romantic, in my opinion. POFQ feels more festive, and Riverside feels more relaxing.)
Awesome! Thanks for the detail. We are doing a quick 3 night stay as a trial run to see if we'd like a longer stay in the future here. In all the years and number visits, we haven't even visited this property so I'm pretty excited about it.

Raxel7851

I originally booked POP for our Christmas trip because I didn’t know when/if POFQ would reopen. Once I found out on WDWMagic that the FQ would open, I booked POFQ online. Then once I saw my new reservation listed on my MDE account, I canceled POP online. The entire process took probably 5-10 minutes if that.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Interesting the difference in perspective. My wife and I prefer FQ as the more romantic venue. POR seemed to have more hustle and bustle around the water wheel, bike rentals, boat dock, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom