Port Orleans- French Quarter or Riverside?

French Quarter... It's smaller and easier to get around. Your the first one on the bus and the first one off. For adults they have a wonderful jazz musician in the lobby/cafeteria each night. It's just a little bit more intimate than River side in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Definitely French Quarter. Riverside is the only moderate that sleeps 5, so lots of families book it and at the end of the night, bus lines at the parks are l-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

My husband & I love French Quarter because it was so quiet & pretty. We loved the walk over to riverside & back each night, and did some of the activities over at riverside too. But at the end of the day, we liked staying at the FQ side. =-)

Upvote 0

heartodisney

French Quarter... It's smaller and easier to get around. Your the first one on the bus and the first one off. For adults they have a wonderful jazz musician in the lobby/cafeteria each night. It's just a little bit more intimate than River side in my opinion.

Yes, very much agreed to the "first to get off the bus at night" thing when you are tired and ready for rest in your room. My wife and I were very jealous of this heading back from the parks at night! We stayed at RiverSide and it is a slightly less noisey. They do serve decent beignets at the French Quarter...we walked one morning for these and it was worth it. I missed a great opportunity for some great pics around the grounds of RiverSide..kicking myself for this. Whichever you stay, you should not be disapointed.

Upvote 0

tink65

Thanks so much for all the responses!! I really appreciate it! It seems like French Quarter is the way to go for this trip. :D

I am surprising my family with an upgrade from value to moderate this year. I had the same indecision about which moderate to choose. I ended up choosing POFQ too and am very excited about it! I hope both our experiences will be wonderful! Another great plus is the recent refurbishment of POFQ.....namely going from full size beds to queen size beds!

Upvote 0

stratman50th

Stayed there 9 times.
It's a small complex, therefore easy to get around. We always request building 4. It's close to the food court, bus stop, and pool.
Food court is good with a lot of variety. There's a bakery and pizza parlor in addition to the food court.
Buses are regular and French Quarter is the first stop. Also the first stop coming back from the parks.
You can take a boat to and from downtown Disney.
Finally, it has a really cool pool! My daughter is 16 and still loves the slide.
My family and I give it two thumbs up! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dreamlady85

Original Poster
I hope both our experiences will be wonderful! Another great plus is the recent refurbishment of POFQ.....namely going from full size beds to queen size beds!

I'm sure your family will love the surprise! I'm running the Wine and Dine 5k (the first time I've ever tried anything like this), so those bigger beds will definitely be a welcome sight!

Upvote 0

FireChiefGoofy

I am going to buck the trend here. DW and I stayed at Riverside in December. We loved the rustic feel of the property and the rooms. We love the WL and this is the closest we could get to on a tight budget. The transportation was not a problem since we drive and have our car on site.

We walked over to French Quarter and were quite impressed with the theming. Since we bought into DVC this last trip, I'm not sure if we will stay there. Maybe for a long weekend when we do not want to use our points.

Upvote 0

tmstephe

DW and I love POR. POFQ just feels like a nice hotel where POR feels like a "resort". We never had issues with busses, but that is so variable at any of the resorts. POR has a great food court, table service, piano bar, cool pool, etc.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

Just stayed there last weekend Port Orleans French Quarter. Had a refurbished room! It was wonderful. Queen beds, new TV's its so nice and layed back there. Everyone is so nice. Every building is not too far from the buses, and had no more than a 10 minute wait the whole time!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

heartodisney

Just stayed there last weekend Port Orleans French Quarter. Had a refurbished room! It was wonderful. Queen beds, new TV's its so nice and layed back there. Everyone is so nice. Every building is not too far from the buses, and had no more than a 10 minute wait the whole time!:sohappy:

My wife and I felt that way even when we were at Riverside..:wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

I have never stayed at Riverside but have at French Quarter. So my vote will lean towards French Quarter. My whole family stayed there a few years ago and we absolutely loved it. And we are from New Orleans. But as I have said before you cant really go wrong with either choice.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom