Port Orleans FQ Which Rooms?

vols22

Just wondering if anyone prefers an area of POFQ that is better than others for food/buses & pool area? We stayed at Carribbean Beach and were right next to the food court and it was great for bus pick-up and visiting the pool. Just looking for that same set-up for our next trip? Thanks for your help! :wave:

jen2009

We always stay in buliding 5 which is on the water. Building 1 is also nice. Both are a short 3 minute walk to food court and buses. The resort is small so all the buildings are close.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Even the rooms in the farthest corner of the resort are still only a 10 minute walk to the main building. Trust me. 2 years ago I stayed in a room that was so far away it was almost in the Sassagoula River. We didn't mind it though. It was very quiet and peaceful out there.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

We were in the back side of building 4. The food court was at the end of the building. We went down a path and crossed a small section of the parking lot to get to the bus. We really liked it.

Upvote 0

shmmrname

PO:FQ is actually tiny compared to the other resorts. It's much, much different than the Carribbean, as there's only one stop for the bus, and it actually shares service with PO:R. I'd really say that the only thing you might want to consider is your proximity to the pool. And, that's only if you want a quieter-setting.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

My cousin did his CP at POFQ in 1998. At that time he said that they were told that POFQ had the most return visitors. People love the intimate size of the resort. We stayed there and I have to agree. It is our favorite moderate. Everything is close to each other be it main building, pier for boat transport and food court.

Upvote 0
Every building is close to everything, which is very nice. I have stayed in building 4 which was wonderful. 30 seconds to the Food Court or the Bus Stop. It is my favourite resort as well..

Upvote 0

jjbuster2

Yeah...what everybody says, "It's small". But it is our fav too!

1st stay was building 2: corner/not facing pool (5 minute walk to bus).
2nd stay was building 5: pool facing (close to bus/pool-occasionally noisy)
3rd stay was building 3: lovely courtyard view (still not far from everything)
4th stay was building 4: probably closest to bus we've been but the difference was negligible

We walked around property this last trip and though they are a little further from everything the river view rooms are probably really nice, especially buildings 6 & 7 because then you'd be really close if you wanted to walk over and eat at Boatwright's next door.

:)

Upvote 0

lbrad

Yeah...what everybody says, "It's small". But it is our fav too!

1st stay was building 2: corner/not facing pool (5 minute walk to bus).
2nd stay was building 5: pool facing (close to bus/pool-occasionally noisy)
3rd stay was building 3: lovely courtyard view (still not far from everything)
4th stay was building 4: probably closest to bus we've been but the difference was negligible

We walked around property this last trip and though they are a little further from everything the river view rooms are probably really nice, especially buildings 6 & 7 because then you'd be really close if you wanted to walk over and eat at Boatwright's next door.

DH and I just stayed in building 6...perfect for a romantic get a way:animwink:
Next to the river. Quiet corner. Close to everything

Upvote 0

rickmusic53

FQ is the only place we stay. We love it there. We always try and stay in the same room if we can. The bldg we stay in is #6 - or at least I think that's the bldg number. The numbers start with 6 follow by the numbers which are the room numbers. This bldg is close to the cafeteria, the boat dock that takes you to DD and the pool. We love. Actually, there are two bus stops side by side. There is a sign on both of them that tell you which buses stop at which stop.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

We loved this resort and are returning on our next trip. :D Bldg. 1 was very quiet. We were actually on the very end of it (river view room) and it was really nice walking around the grounds to get back to the room. The walk to the bus stop was not long at all, nor was heading over to the food court.

Can't wait to come back!

Upvote 0

KingStefan

As others have said, there really is no bad room locations at POFQ. A few years ago we stayed in Building 7 in the center section in a room facing South overlooking a garden, and it was lovely. Even though Building 7 is farthest from the food court / bus stop, it wasn't far at all. It is closer to walk to POR from there, too.

Here is the Unofficial Guides advice:

The best views are from rooms directly facing the river and the natural pine forest on the opposite bank. Wings of buildings 1, 2, 5, 6, adn 7 flank the river and provide the best river view in either the FQ or R sections or PO. River-view rooms in buildings 1, 6, and 7 are a long walk from FQ public facilities, but they're the most tranquil. [If you want to be near the pool, you] should request river-view rooms in buildings 2 and 5... Make sure the reservationist understands that you are requiesting a "river-view" not a "water view" room. [Not all water-view rooms are river-view.]

Does anyone know whether river-view costs extra? If they do, I'd request a courtyard view instead. There are no private balconies anyway, just the exterior accessways, so to me the view is not that important. I'd just rather not be facing the parking lot. But really if that doesn't matter to you, then all the rooms at POFQ are really nice.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

"Water view" is a specific room category at POFQ (and in fact, at all 4 Moderate resorts) that costs extra per night. People can certainly REQUEST water view, but they must realize that by requesting it, they are asking for a free upgrade.

If you RESERVE and pay for a water view room, you are guaranteed a water view room. What is NOT guaranteed, however, is what sort of water you will be viewing. It could be the Sassagoula River, or it could be the pool (as noted in posts above). There is NO WAY to guarantee one or the other ... it is purely a matter of request, and then a matter of luck.

And this is the same at the other Moderates, as well.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

If you RESERVE and pay for a water view room, you are guaranteed a water view room. What is NOT guaranteed, however, is what sort of water you will be viewing. It could be the Sassagoula River, or it could be the pool (as noted in posts above).

I have read that sometimes even a water fountain in the courtyard has been considered "water view".

Upvote 0

TURKEY

"Water view" is a specific room category at POFQ (and in fact, at all 4 Moderate resorts) that costs extra per night. People can certainly REQUEST water view, but they must realize that by requesting it, they are asking for a free upgrade.

If you RESERVE and pay for a water view room, you are guaranteed a water view room. What is NOT guaranteed, however, is what sort of water you will be viewing. It could be the Sassagoula River, or it could be the pool (as noted in posts above). There is NO WAY to guarantee one or the other ... it is purely a matter of request, and then a matter of luck.

And this is the same at the other Moderates, as well.

Most reservations agents will not even put a request for water view/pool view on a reservation unless a guest is booking a water view room. That request does not exist for a standard view room (either parking or landscaping).

Many people get upset when they request a certain view. Apparently they think a REQUEST is a guarantee.

A water view doesn't guarantee what or how much water you will see. The water view rooms are always a full and direct view of water. You could have hedges blocking most of your view or only see a slight corner of a pool or river or lake.

Upvote 0

CubsRock

As to the poster who talked about repeat stays, i can understand why FQ would be it is my favorite resort that i have stayed at and the only one that I've actually stayed at for more than one visit. In july when we visited for my b-day, we stayed in building 7. it was pretty quiet and relaxing, especially since a high school band from Kenosha, Wisconsin was staying at POFQ but in the building next to the pool. The other time was chirstmastime 2004 and we actually got Building 3 and the corner room on the first floor closest to the main building, it was very convenient and quiet (but this was the weekend after thanksgiving), it would probably be more noisy in the summer.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

POFQ is my favorite wdw resort. My mother and I stayed there in November and loved it. It is the smallest moderate resort...which is a HUGE plus, bc the others are just tooo big. Really, any building they put you in, you are close to everything...pool, giftshop, foodcourt, busstop. We were in Building 1 and loved it...we had a first floor, corner room and I couldn't have been happier. I stayed at POR in Nov 07' and it was very overwhelming...everything was just so spread out and they put us in the furthest room possible. The one thing I loved about FQ was no matter what time of the day it was...it was so peaceful and quiet, and there was only a few people around. It really made the vacation actually feel like one...we're used to going back to the value resorts after a long day in the parks and it being crowded, kids screaming, noise all night. Maybe it was bc we went at a slow week, but even the morning breakfast rush in the foodcourt was not crowded at all, and there were never any lines!

I will be staying at POFQ from here on out. The grounds are gorgeous, the colors of the buildings are so pretty. There is a jazz singer during the evenings at the lounge...he was great! The pathway along the river is just so relaxing to take a walk on. No matter what room you are in, you will not be dissappointed and I think you'll see that after seeing the size of CBR lol. :D

Upvote 0

DISMOM

We stayed there May, 08 and loved it. We were in building 5 and were freely upgraded to a water view room. No, we did not request this.
Family members told us that the Riverside food court is so much better. We liked them both.
We especially loved the monorail. So easy to take it to the parks. ha ha ha.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

I'll be heading to the PO:FQ in May 2010. My first time in a Disney Resort Hotel and I'm really looking forward to it.

Now, I will not be booking directly with Disney as doing the package with them forces me to fly from London and not my preferred choice of Glasgow (no, I do not want a connecting flight or a 4 hour train journey or an 8 hour car journey). I will be booking a water view but I want to ensure a corner room so will I still be able to call up and change my reservation?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom