Port Orleans FQ Which Rooms?

vols22

Just wondering if anyone prefers an area of POFQ that is better than others for food/buses & pool area? We stayed at Carribbean Beach and were right next to the food court and it was great for bus pick-up and visiting the pool. Just looking for that same set-up for our next trip? Thanks for your help! :wave:

TURKEY

I'll be heading to the PO:FQ in May 2010. My first time in a Disney Resort Hotel and I'm really looking forward to it.

Now, I will not be booking directly with Disney as doing the package with them forces me to fly from London and not my preferred choice of Glasgow (no, I do not want a connecting flight or a 4 hour train journey or an 8 hour car journey). I will be booking a water view but I want to ensure a corner room so will I still be able to call up and change my reservation?

There is no guarantee you will have a corner room no matter what room category you book. It will only be a request.

Upvote 0

coltow

There doesn't seem to be a bad building in the bunch. We loved Building 3. It was next to the main building and was lass than a 5 minute walk to food court, pool, and bus stop.

Upvote 0

miles1

POFQ is my favorite wdw resort. My mother and I stayed there in November and loved it. It is the smallest moderate resort...which is a HUGE plus, bc the others are just tooo big. Really, any building they put you in, you are close to everything...pool, giftshop, foodcourt, busstop. We were in Building 1 and loved it...we had a first floor, corner room and I couldn't have been happier. I stayed at POR in Nov 07' and it was very overwhelming...everything was just so spread out and they put us in the furthest room possible. The one thing I loved about FQ was no matter what time of the day it was...it was so peaceful and quiet, and there was only a few people around. It really made the vacation actually feel like one...we're used to going back to the value resorts after a long day in the parks and it being crowded, kids screaming, noise all night. Maybe it was bc we went at a slow week, but even the morning breakfast rush in the foodcourt was not crowded at all, and there were never any lines!

I will be staying at POFQ from here on out. The grounds are gorgeous, the colors of the buildings are so pretty. There is a jazz singer during the evenings at the lounge...he was great! The pathway along the river is just so relaxing to take a walk on. No matter what room you are in, you will not be dissappointed and I think you'll see that after seeing the size of CBR lol. :D

Yeah, what she said. We've always stayed in Building 2 or 5 by request-Really close to the pool, lobby and restaurants, but far enough away to be quiet. (Not that the resort is noisy to start with.) We've also found the bus service to be great as well. DD is an animal lover and loves watching the various salamanders and bunnies that roam around freely, too.

Upvote 0

jjbuster2

Just a little off subject...

My first stay was back in Aug. 2005...am i confused or didn't they used to have the little hair braiding cart near the gift shop in the afternoons? On our next stay (Oct. 2006) i was thinking about doing that for me and DD (i know you can get it done in the parks but in the parks there's so much more to do) and i don't think we saw it that stay. When did they stop doing that or is it only certain seasons?

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I will be booking a water view but I want to ensure a corner room so will I still be able to call up and change my reservation?
I just want to echo what TURKEY said ... there is no such room category as "corner room," and therefore there is no way you can guarantee it. Have the request noted on your reservation, and ask about it again at the time of check-in. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom