Port Orleans breakfast

knudsos

Original Poster
I really want to try the famous french toast at Boatwrights but I don't want to use a TS credit on our dining plan. Is there any other way to do this? Room service? Does this get served anywhere else at a counter service? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Any other suggestions on eating places. We are going to be there for 8 days with one day at Sea World.
Thanks

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As far as I know it is only served at Boatwright's at PORS. There is a similar version served at Kona cafe and Captain Cooks at the Poly and it is called Tonga toast. Kona cafe is TS but Captain Cooks is CS. As far as I know they are nearly identical with the exception of the addition of strawberry-banana sauce at Boatwright's. The down side is that the strawberry-banana sauce really takes this breakfast dish over the top. Your other option would be to pay out of pocket at Boatwright's.

tigsmom

As far as I know it is only served at Boatwright's at PORS. There is a similar version served at Kona cafe and Captain Cooks at the Poly and it is called Tonga toast. Kona cafe is TS but Captain Cooks is CS. As far as I know they are nearly identical with the exception of the addition of strawberry-banana sauce at Boatwright's. The down side is that the strawberry-banana sauce really takes this breakfast dish over the top. Your other option would be to pay out of pocket at Boatwright's.

I was just going to say the same thing.

Nowhere is it written that just because you have the dining plan you have to use it for every meal and snack. If you really want to try it then order it and pay cash.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Can you hear the banana stuffed french toast calling you??????:slurp: :lol:

P1070451.jpg

bhg469

I had it a few years ago and loved it, im not a huge frensh toast fan at all, i actually hate eggs but this was the single greatest breakfast i ever had. Combined with bacon it could equal instant death.

summerluvin

I tried it last year and the combination of the deep fried bread and the sauce made me sick. Do they normally deep fry french toast in America?

Kadee

I really want to try the famous french toast at Boatwrights but I don't want to use a TS credit on our dining plan. Is there any other way to do this? Room service? Does this get served anywhere else at a counter service? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Any other suggestions on eating places. We are going to be there for 8 days with one day at Sea World.
Thanks

Like the others have said, just pay out of pocket for it. I don't think it is that expensive (comparatively), so using a TS credit for it would almost be a waste. Just tell the server you are paying out of pocket. It won't be a problem at all.

Other restaurants that my family considers "must-do's" for every trip:
Liberty Tree Tavern _MK
Le Cellier - Epcot (Our favorite!) (Gotta try the Cheddar Cheese Soup!)
Coral Reef - Epcot (Try the lobster soup!)

HollyBelle

YUM! We always make it a point to go over to Boatwright's for breakfast!!! The french toast is well worth the $8 you'll pay out of pocket. And by doing this you aren't losing your credits... they can just be used elsewhere.

bhg469

Like the others have said, just pay out of pocket for it. I don't think it is that expensive (comparatively), so using a TS credit for it would almost be a waste. Just tell the server you are paying out of pocket. It won't be a problem at all.

Other restaurants that my family considers "must-do's" for every trip:
Liberty Tree Tavern _MK
Le Cellier - Epcot (Our favorite!) (Gotta try the Cheddar Cheese Soup!)
Coral Reef - Epcot (Try the lobster soup!)

OMG the lobster bisque is out of this world!

disneytopdog

OK...I am not a breakfast eater. My normal breakfast is a diet coke. BUT strawberries and banana's are the most perfect pairing of flavors on this planet. And to top it off "IN FRENCH TOAST"

We are staying at POFQ do you need an ADR to get into Boatwrtights for breakfast and what time do they open in the morning? FYI...the picture did it!!!!!:D

HollyBelle

OK...I am not a breakfast eater. My normal breakfast is a diet coke. BUT strawberries and banana's are the most perfect pairing of flavors on this planet. And to top it off "IN FRENCH TOAST"

We are staying at POFQ do you need an ADR to get into Boatwrtights for breakfast and what time do they open in the morning? FYI...the picture did it!!!!!:D

I think 7am. We always make an ADR, but I don't know if it's necessary. We do it just to be certain. Sometimes when we are done eating there still aren't many people there yet. But I'm sure that has a lot to do with the time.

bhg469

We didnt need ADRs when we stayed there.. Couldn't hurt though...

ThinkTink721

We stayed at POR last summer & never ate b'fast there, but we did eat a b'fast at POFQ - it was great - good food & friendly service!:slurp: :wave:

disneytopdog

We didnt need ADRs when we stayed there.. Couldn't hurt though...

You guys & the french toast picture sold me. I booked an ADR for breakfast at Boatwrights in September. Thanks. Are the bananas and strawberrys sliced and cooked in the middle of the toast? or is it just regular french toast with fresh strawberrys and banana's on top?

bhg469

You guys & the french toast picture sold me. I booked an ADR for breakfast at Boatwrights in September. Thanks. Are the bananas and strawberrys sliced and cooked in the middle of the toast? or is it just regular french toast with fresh strawberrys and banana's on top?

It is a thick slice of bread stuffed with bananas then made like regular french toast. Coated with cinamon sugar and the sauce is put around it. Its altight if you're int that sort of thing .........Like me!:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom