PORS or CB???

BMinNY

Hello All,

I need your help!

Background Info: WE LOVE DISNEY, in all of it's glorious forms. I did two college program internships, and we have been there to vacation on countless occasions, so we are certainly familiar with the parks, etc.

Info/Help I am looking for: We are going to WDW late Aug/early Sept with my wife's parents for the first time. We are going to be there for a relatively short amount of time (4 days/5 nights) compared to our normal trips. This said, we are going to want to be as efficient as possible so that our son can have as many experiences with his grandparents as possible! That said, we are considering PORS or CB. My main concern is transportation. Does one of there resorts have a better transportation record/reputation than the other? I am looking for the shortest wait time to catch a bus to the park in the morning, back to the resort at the end of the night, etc. I usually rent a car, and we drive ourselves everywhere (except MK), however we are not doing that this time.

Secondarily, what are your thoughts on the two pools at these two resorts?

I know I am going to get great feedback as always, so let me shout out a giant THANK YOU ahead of time!

~Brad

Weather_Lady

I haven't seen anything to indicate that one resort has a better transportation record than the other (although both are very spread-out, so you'll want to make sure you reserve and/or request a room that is close to the main bus stop, as in my experience, the more remote stops have a greater tendency to have long waits when things get busy). One big difference is that POR is in the process of converting all its rooms to queen beds (they should all be done by your travel dates) and CBR has only double beds -- if your family members are on the big or tall side, that may make a big difference to them.

Also, both have great themed pools (you can see pictures of them on the WDW website).

Upvote 0

mets7

choose neither and go to Coronado....Have stayed there 2 times and heading back for our 3rd this fall. It is centrally located and out of 12 days staying thier have only had one bad experience having to wait long for a bus. Also has a great pool with the myan temple. A lot of people at this resort are convention people and are not going to the parks especially first thing in the morning. Coming home we have always made the first bus and have never had to wait too long. I have had friends stay at POFQ & PORS and they didn't like how spread out everything was.

Upvote 0

MVP Heather

We love Port Orleans Riverside atmosphere. It's our favorite moderate resort. If you are concerned about the closeness of the bus stops, check out the resort maps. You can let request which building you would prefer to stay. Many times, but not always, you can get the building of your choice. Last year with my in-laws, we requested and stayed at Oak Manor because we wanted to be closest to the Front Desk and the main bus stop, but still be in Magnolia Bend.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

See what I mean!

Hello All,

I need your help!

Background Info: WE LOVE DISNEY, in all of it's glorious forms. I did two college program internships, and we have been there to vacation on countless occasions, so we are certainly familiar with the parks, etc.

Info/Help I am looking for: We are going to WDW late Aug/early Sept with my wife's parents for the first time. We are going to be there for a relatively short amount of time (4 days/5 nights) compared to our normal trips. This said, we are going to want to be as efficient as possible so that our son can have as many experiences with his grandparents as possible! That said, we are considering PORS or CB. My main concern is transportation. Does one of there resorts have a better transportation record/reputation than the other? I am looking for the shortest wait time to catch a bus to the park in the morning, back to the resort at the end of the night, etc. I usually rent a car, and we drive ourselves everywhere (except MK), however we are not doing that this time.

I know I am going to get great feedback as always, so let me shout out a giant THANK YOU ahead of time!

~Brad

Now see what I mean,everyone has their favourites and now it gets confusing,for example myself and MVP Heather love PORS,yet mets7 loves Coronado.I've stayed at CBR,POFQ,and PORS.enjoyed all.The only reasons that put me off Coronado was this resort has convention people staying and only one sink/mirror in the bathroom area,unless it's changed.:wave:

Upvote 0

BMinNY

Original Poster
The only reasons that put me off Coronado was this resort has convention people staying and only one sink/mirror in the bathroom area,unless it's changed.:wave:

Mad Hatter - what didn't you like about the "convention people"? Noisy? Too busy? Not immersed in the Disney experience?

I am not trying to be difficult, I just haven't heard anything negative about the convention people before. I have heard as Mets suggested that a lot of these folks are not going to the park, so the buses aren't used as much. I was just curious if I was missing something.

Thanks for your input!

~Brad

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Friends Vacation.

Mad Hatter - what didn't you like about the "convention people"? Noisy? Too busy? Not immersed in the Disney experience?

I am not trying to be difficult, I just haven't heard anything negative about the convention people before. I have heard as Mets suggested that a lot of these folks are not going to the park, so the buses aren't used as much. I was just curious if I was missing something.

Thanks for your input!

~Brad

Yeh,Good question.I had friends going onsite last year for their first time.Now I suggested the three Mods I had stayed at,CBR,POFQ and PORS. But they had this Mexican dream theme thing so they opted for Coronado,anyway they had a great time but they were there when a convention of about 50 or 60 people were staying and they were Noisy,at breakfast,and in the lounge area,and worst at night when trying to put their young son to sleep,doors banging,loud laughing,at 2.00am,etc.Yes they did complain the first night,but to no avail,60 loud guests wins over 3 tourists any day.:fork:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hello All,

I need your help!

~Brad

I hope this helps! I was between a Royal Room at PORS and a Pirate Room at CB so I posted the following thread. I ended up going with the Royal Room at PORS.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=836035

Upvote 0

Chrononymous

My experiences with these resorts all sort of balance out.
I have stayed at PORS, and POFQ twice, Coronado Springs three times, and CB once.

Of the three, I think CB had the longest route by bus, and also the longest line at the end of the night. But POFQ seemed long, simply because of all the stops it makes within it's own resort.

I have been on a bus at CS with standing room only due to a convention, but they were really nice people, and even offered their seats to us, so we didn't have to stand.

As far as which resort I liked best of those...I really loved PORS, and still do. I think it has only a slight edge on CS, just because I really like the PORS food court better.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Either is nice but...

We liked the pools @ CB better! There is a pirate ship "pool" for the little ones and the slides are great!
We stayed as close to the "bridge" over to the pools and food. We loved the birds, turtles, and fish! We loved watching EPCOT "fireworks" from the beach. The TS Restaurant was OK (Shutters), but the wait staff was incredible ( Mom's 70th birthday and boys' 6th b-day they brought cakes-free)!:)
Kids love the PIRATE rooms! They are a bit farther away to walk to the pools/food area, but people don't seem to mind.
We did have some trouble w/ buses ( it seems like a longer wait than most), but the CMs apologized ( Mom was in a scooter).

PORS is absolutely beautiful! The pool is nice, but the trees around it always dropped "stuff" into the pool! You can't beat the boat ride to DD!:) The boat will also take you to POFQ where the other pool is pretty cool ( the "dragon").
Bus transport was never a problem. Food @ Boatwright's was just OK( served lukewarm).
Hope this gives you some insight! Have fun!:wave:

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

The following is from the 2010 "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World". All times are using WDW transportation.

POR average travel times (maximum travel times) in minutes:
- MK 22 (32)
- Epcot 23 (33)
- DHS 24 (34)
- DAK 28 (40)

CBR average travel times (maximum travel times) in minutes:
- MK 30 (42)
- Epcot 34 (48)
- DHS 23 (33)
- DAK 32 (46)

CSR average travel times (maximum travel times) in minutes:
- MK 22 (31)
- Epcot 19 (27)
- DHS 18 (26)
- DAK 19 (28)

POFQ average travel times (maximum travel times) in minutes:
- MK 22 (32)
- Epcot 25 (36)
- DHS 24 (34)
- DAK 28 (40)

A newer edition may have different numbers.

Upvote 0

tdpolo26

We hated the 5 stops till we got to our buidling when we stayed at cbr and the food was a mile away along with the pool. It is only good if you can get what I think was martinque which is to the right of the food court when facing the front of the building. It is near food the pool and the first bus stop many times

Edit: martinque is def the building I just checked but you will pay a premium to stay there.

On our honey moon we def liked the pofq it was close to most things plus u had the boots and you have a single bus stop we never stayed at riverside.well good luck
Btw we loved cbr's pool it is awesome

Upvote 0

crispy

I definitely recommend POR in the Magnolia Bend section. We stayed in Magnolia Terrace building and found that it was close to the main pool, the bus stop, and the main buldings. I thought the location was perfect.

We have not stayed at CBR, but we have stayed at CSR. While I liked CSR, I did like the atmosphere of POR better. We just didn't see a lot of children at CSR while we were there which was kind of a bummer for my girls. I think it's a great resort for an adults only trip, but I think it lacks some of the fun of the other resorts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom