POR... Bayou vs Mansion... opinions please...

tink rules

Ok.... I'm thinking of booking POR for my mom and I mid next month... surprise rush trip... good holiday bonus, etc...

Can you please let me know what you think about these two choices and are there any pros and cons to either... we won't be using the busses so I was wondering about distance from the food court, etc...

Thanks..

d'Isigny

I'm reading the preferences to help the OP, but could someone please tell me the major differences between the 2 areas of POR (in terms of noise level, view, proximity to pools, walking distance from food and busses, and anything else you want to mention). Next week, we're booking for Christmas 2007 and are staying at a moderate for the first time (usually ASM or POP). The family has decided on POR, but now we're trying to figure out the differences between the 2 areas of POR. Thanks.

It's all fairly quiet...I like the mansions for their openess and landscaping...plus I like walking across the bridges. In the masion section... Magnolia Terrace is closest to the main pool and with a bus stop right in back of the building. But all sections have a quiet pool. Parterre Place and Oak Manor mansions and buildings 14 & 18 in the Bayous are closest to food court.

I heard they are refurbishing the food court though...you may want to check on this...

Upvote 0

drp4video

I vote Mansions as well. We have stayed there the last three times we went to WDW, and one of the times was when I took my mom. It was just her and I and she loved them. They are quiet and not far from the main area...foot court and boat to downtown disney. Never having stayed in the Bayou, I can't compare. I only can say that I have been very happy with the Mansions.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

It's all fairly quiet...I like the mansions for their openess and landscaping...plus I like walking across the bridges. In the masion section... Magnolia Terrace is closest to the main pool and with a bus stop right in back of the building. But all sections have a quiet pool. Parterre Place and Oak Manor mansions and buildings 14 & 18 in the Bayous are closest to food court.

I heard they are refurbishing the food court though...you may want to check on this...

Thanks for the help. :)

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I like the exterior of the Mansions, but I REALLY prefer the interior of the Bayou rooms more. Given the choice, I'd opt for the Bayou.

If you're not planning on using the busses, then I'm guessing you have a car, so even if the food court is closer for renovation, no big thang.

Upvote 0

jasonchas

Nope, I prefer the Bayou, too (says the poet :p ). The landscaping around the mansions is beautiful, but too manicured and too bare (for lack of a better term) for my own tastes. I prefer the lushness of Alligator Bayou.

Cheers,
S.

I agree. I love RS Alligator Bayou. #14 building is close to the bus stops and the food court.

Upvote 0

Loretta

We like the Mansions much more for the same reasons already stated. We stayed in the Bayou twice and didn't like it at all. To us it was too dark and there seemed to be a lot of young ones, making for more noise. You know your mother best, what would she like best, quiet and romantic, or rustic?

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

For our first POR trip, in 2007, I was initially thinking of the mansions, but we prefer rustic to manicured. As a result, I think that we are going to go with Allgator Bayou and request builing 14 or 18. I read on another thread that although nothing is ever guaranteed, the resorts are often able to honor building or location requests.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom