Popular rides/attractions you've (intentionally) never experienced

disneyworlddad

Not 100% sure but I think audience participation does happen at some point. I just can't do those.

Yes there is audience participation. It is few and far between. If you want to avoid it sit way in the back and towards the ends. Most if not all the people who get picked are closer to the center middle. The CM's have to be able to easily get to you and also be a good spot for the camera to put you on screen.

Also don't film the show with your phone, don't have a beard, and don't have a little kid sit on your lap to avoid participation.

UpAllNight

Hall of presidents.i think it’s the only thing I’ve never done...it just seems...not right for what I want from a trip to the Magic Kingdom.

Susan Savia

In Monsters Inc., we always sit in the back to hopefully avoid being on camera. But over the years, my husband, son and I have all been caught!

Never ridden Dumbo, Soarin or any coaster.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Thus is hard. I’ve practically done absolutely everything (even stuff I KNEW I wouldnt Like. Like path of the Jedi, Star Wars launch bay, magic carpets, ect.)

1). Disney Jr/Playhouse Disney shows
2). Hardly any of the cultural shows at epcot
3). Interactive post show games at epcot
4). Pete’s Silly Slideshow
5). Various Star Wars shows at HS
6). Alien Swirling Saucers

Things I’ve done 1 or 2 times but intentionally skip...

1). Tom Sawyer Island
2). Carpets/Triceratop Spin/Dumbo/Orbiter
3). Path of the Jedi
4). Meet and greets
5). Reflections of China
6). Mission: Space - Green
7). Tomorrowland Speedway
8). Innoventions (after colortopia was added)
9). Disney/Pixar Short Film Festival
10). Rivers of Light
11). Movie previews in Walt Disney Presents
12). Swiss Family Treehouse

Paper straw fan

Mission Space orange (that’s the spinnier one, right?

After reading about people dying on that one, and my wife and I starting dating and park going not long after having 2 major surgeries, she wasn’t letting me on. We can ride ToT all day (and we do!) but she’s not going on MS and she’s not letting me. Then again, I rode green side once and got sea sick feeling from THAT, so it’s not hard to keep me away.

Otherwise, we’ve seeked out stuff we had never been on, or hadn’t been in ages (Tiki Room, tea cups) so for everything else, we’ve been. Maybe never again, but we’ve rode it

yedliW

When I travel, I try not to do things that I can do at home, so I generally avoid the generic 'carnival' type rides at WDW (i.e. the spinners).

I have no plans on ever riding the tea cups. Not a fan of spinning for the sake of spinning..

Glasgow

After many trips as a child and now as a family of 4 we finally went on Astro Orbiter on a whim as we were leaving one night .. and really enjoyed it! It's faster than I expected .. much more so than the other kiddie spinners around the parks. I'd do it again if there wasn't a big wait. Maybe it was the cool winter air swaying my judgment, IDK.

Otherwise, i think the last remaining ride we've never done is Country Bear Jamboree as well - go figure

graphite1326

I've never done ToT. I can handle everything else, coasters, etc., but drop rides aren't for me. Part of me wants to do it once just for the experience, but I have a feeling I'd be so concerned about the eventual drop that I couldn't enjoy it.
I felt exactly the same as you with ToT. Finally I talked myself into doing it just once. It wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be like. The drop isn't nearly as bad as I thought. In fact it's a lot of fun. I throw up my hands and yell. In fact I tell my wife all the time, the build up is worse than the drop (if that makes sense). That anticipation gets me.

Just Magic Kingdom, after 5 trips (last in 2016):

- Astro Orbiter
- Tom Sawyer Island
- Hall of Presidents
- Country Bear Jamboree

The only one I have an interest in trying "someday" is Astro Orbiter. The others I'm just not interested, though I should probably do at some point just to say I did :)

Club Cooloholic

Rode Mission space once. Have not been on any version since, its not something we ever go out of our way to do. Also have never done MK Astro Orbiter, always looks fun just the line is too l long or its too hot.
Finally Kahli River Rapids, have not done in years. My kids are kinda anti water rides but I am hopeful the June weather will have them more juiced to do it.

HouCuseChickie

The only thing standing out for me in my mind is Kali River Rapids. I don't typically like water rides because I tend to feel gross after them...even if I bring a change of clothes. I'll sometimes make an exception for Splash Mountain since there's more Disney substance to that attraction IMO, but it's not a must for me either.

Nottamus

never been a huge coaster fan, but have done most at WDW EXCEPT Expedition Everest. The whole 'going up high" in to the mountain thing spooked me watching it.

Our last trip there (April 2019) I went on finally. (after 10 trips)

It was pretty cool. I will be going back on again.

NeedMoreMickey

Mission Space - any color. I did the Sum of All Thrills years ago when it was still in Epcot and almost had a panic attack so I'll skip Mission Space.

KCheatle

If I've been to Tom Sawyer Island or up in Swiss Family Robinson tree house, it was so long ago that I've forgotten, so I would count them both as a no.
Haven't been back to Tiki Room since it went back under the original management.
Never got to Hall of Presidents. Waited once, but my DD had to use the facilities while we were waiting and we had to leave. Didn't feel like waiting again, so we just moved on.
Mission Space:Orange - 1 and done. #neveragain
Pixar Short Stories at Epcot - too many other things I want to do at Epcot
Never did One Man's Dream or anything that's ever been in that space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom