POP: Should I spend the extra cash to stay at a moderate?

mjillard

I am 34 and I am taking my 67-year-old mother to Disney in May. It will be the first time either of us have stayed on property. We were going to stay in windsor hills again, but WDW is offering some great deals to entice us to stay in the resort. I am planning for us to stay at Pop Century and get the dining plan, but if we stay at a moderate we can get the $500 gift card instead of 300. We could theoretically eat for a week with 500 bucks and it might be worth the extra money to get away from hordes of misbehaving children. What do you guys think? And also, which moderate resorts are the least likely to have hordes of ill-behaved children? I need to book soon to make sure I can take advantage of these sick rates so any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!!!

IWorkWTeeth

I have two children, 11 & 15 and we stay at Pop Century EVRYTIME WE GO. (We've been to Disney 15x since my 11 yr. old has been born!) I like that there is ONE bus pick-up. Get a preferred room at POP and it is a short hike to the bus stop. For the amount of time you're in your room, for the cost of the food and the tickets at Disney, I'd save the extra money and stay in POP. I have never had issues with the noise level at the resort.
I agree with the other poster.....if you're worried about children being ill-mannered, tierd and cranky at times, forget Disney and go to Las Vegas!!!!
I've ran into many parents who were ill-mannered, tired and cranky!!!:brick:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have stayed at all 4 of the levels of Disney resorts ( Value, Moderate, Deluxe and DVC)in excess of 40 times on property. I will absolutely tell you that if the dollars made the difference in terms of going or not going, I would say definitely go and stay at the Value level. Other than that, I would say if it isnt going to be a strain, definitely upgrade. The difference in the resorts is definitely there and I happen to enjoy the more extensive theming of the Mods. The Deluxes are a real treat as well but I dont do them as often just to keep the budget in line. I do change up my resorts as often as possible but I think my favorite level is the Mods. I think it is the best of all worlds, price, theming, amenities and comfort level for me and most of my friends. Whatever you decide, it will be amazing!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom