POP resort rooms to get refrigerators

MITCH 112198

Why should people spend more money on items than what is necessary? Maybe you're a fan of paying $10 for a six pack of Coke, but most of us aren't. We bring all of our own snacks to our room.

I could care less what ya buy off property but don't use the microwave in the resort food court to heat the items. That's all I'm saying.

Upvote 0

draybook

Why not? Are you using the microwave at that time? Why would it bother you? Or better yet, email Disney and tell THEM to quit being cheap and put microwaves into their rooms.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I could care less what ya buy off property but don't use the microwave in the resort food court to heat the items. That's all I'm saying.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Is getting ice out of the ice machine to chill things bought off-property against your rules also?

Upvote 0

todpatcam

Value Resorts

We were offered a bounce back deal last year so we booked a week in Oct 2012 for All-Sports but I recently was checking some numbers and Pop is less expensive than All-Sport. Is there a reason for this; are the rooms different sizes, beds bigger, does All-Sport currently have refrigerators in the rooms? :shrug:

Thanks
:)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

We were offered a bounce back deal last year so we booked a week in Oct 2012 for All-Sports but I recently was checking some numbers and Pop is less expensive than All-Sport. Is there a reason for this; are the rooms different sizes, beds bigger, does All-Sport currently have refrigerators in the rooms? :shrug:

Thanks

Standard rooms in each have the same pricing - for the same dates. October is more expensive than September, just in case you are pricing different dates.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Thanks

If all the options are exactly the same (preferred room or not) then it has to do with tax. The All Stars actually are in a different county and have a slightly higher tax rate because of it.

Upvote 0

todpatcam

I just run the numbers again tonight and I had in backwards; Pop was more expensive than All-Sport only by $34.00. 7 days with hopper and standard room.

Thanks again!!!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I hope they do get fridges at the Pop. Last time I went I had requested a fridge for my insulin. I was told it was free. Upon check-in the front desk told me my fridge was in the room and confirmed it was free for medications. In the end it took me a day and a half to get a fridge in my room (I had to use ice to keep the meds cold but not freeze the insulin) and then they charged me for the week! I got the charges removed but it was a big hassle.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
This is really good news. When I was at Pop two weeks ago almost every night I wished that I had something cold to drink in the room. I tend to come back to my room many hours after the food court closes so it would have been nice to stock pile some drinks in the fridge. That is what I do whenever I stay anywhere else except the Values.

I do have to say I find it a bit odd that just Pop is getting this right now. I am pretty sure this has to be part of something larger. I don't know if this is something that eventually all the values will get. I guess it is possible this has something to do with Pop Century's fate once AoA is open and fully built.

Upvote 0

CaptainJackNO

Thanks

I know there is a tax difference. Pop is located in a different county, I believe, than the All-Stars, so the tax percentage at Pop is lower than the All-Star Resorts. I got this from a reservations agent a few years ago when we were trying to decide between AS Sports and Pop. Pop wn for being newer and cheaper.

Upvote 0

Wisconsin

OP mentioned something about "carpentry work" for installing the refrigerators. I am wondering where in the room they will put the units. Will they remodel the drawers with the tv on top? Somewhere else? Maybe under the clothes rack? Great addition to a great resort!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I was very pleased when I read this earlier yesterday. :sohappy: Always stay at Pop and usually have a few groceries and snacks in the room that need to be refrigerated. Agree with the majority on the "why spend more than you have to" stance too. We always eat dinner at the cafeteria or at a park restaurant and do enjoy a snack or two (Dole Whip anyone :slurp:) each day, so why not save a few bucks by eating breakfast in the room before we head out each morning. That is why we like a fridge in our room; for storing a little jug/carton of milk for cereal and for storing other things like jam, cream cheese, etc. We actually brought our own fridge down with us last March (wife bought it at a garage sale dirt cheap the summer before) and we ended up giving it to a family who had checked in the night before we were checking out.

Upvote 0

pop lover

That is going to be great. We are going in May wondering if it would be done by then? We usually go to walmart and buy a cooler and fill it up with ice and put some beverages,yogurt and milk in to keep cold. Then when we leave to come home we just leave it behind.

Upvote 0

dsnyfreak

just came back last week from pop and i asked for a fridge which was brought after we checked in..but they did not charge me the 10 a day charge. was excited!

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
We're staying at PoP for 4 days this month - my mom is diabetic so i requested a fridge - we'll see if we get charged or not for a full-sized one.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

When we stayed at Pop, we rented the fridge. We like having milk and cereal in the am. It's about time they get on board with all of the other resorts around the country that offer fridges as standard items in the room. Soda, water, milk, left over meals/desserts, chocolate...all great things to put in there.

I know Pop is extremely popular, but what about the other values? If I were to ever stay at a value again, it would have been Pop anyway but even more so now due to the fridge. This will make Pop even more popular.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom