POP resort rooms to get refrigerators

DisneyJoe

Word is that they all are getting them, Pop by the next week or so, all other values by the end of April.

Others are reporting that they are there now already.

I believe that they are available for free now at all Values, but it is going to take a few weeks to build and install all of the enclosures. I'm trying to get confirmation on that.

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

You'll still want ice. Our mini fridge do not keep things that cold. Our temp was missing so maybe some pliers could have fixed that problem.

Upvote 0

plaz10

Of course - when i decide to shell out the extra cash for a moderate - bigger rooms and nicer grounds but the fridge was going to be a sweet bonus. And now POP will have them anyway. Oh well.

Upvote 0

radev104

I am excited about this. We like to get some milk and cereal to eat before we go to the parks and have snacks and drinks for when we get back. We actually took a small fridge down last time we were down and now we won't have to! Can't wait.

Upvote 0

SMS55

From the weekly WDW update today on MP:

"…Disney has filed a permit for carpentry work related to refrigerator installations in all guest rooms at the Pop Century Resort. This is welcome news for all those who stay at the Value resort."

There was no timeframe given for the work be completed, however.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9907/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update

Typically permits are valid for 6 months. They can be extended if certain inspections are approved.

Upvote 0

SMS55

I hope they do get fridges at the Pop. Last time I went I had requested a fridge for my insulin. I was told it was free. Upon check-in the front desk told me my fridge was in the room and confirmed it was free for medications. In the end it took me a day and a half to get a fridge in my room (I had to use ice to keep the meds cold but not freeze the insulin) and then they charged me for the week! I got the charges removed but it was a big hassle.

Wow, I request a fridge everytime I go for medicines and have never had a problem. The last time I went up it wasn't in the room when we arrived. We went to get something to eat and it was there when we returned. Sorry to hear that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom