Pop Century vs. All Stars

wdwforus

WE are planning a family trip for next Christmas and my brother and I dont agree on which resort is closer to most of the whole Disney complex. I say that Pop Century is right behind CBR and he says that it is much farther away and the All Stars are closer to everything. I think that the All Stars is close to AK(which he has stayed at before) but I think we would do better at Pop Century as far as staying at a value resort and having 5 kids. Any opinions on which would be better? My vote is for Pop Century for numerous reasons.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by wdwforus
WE are planning a family trip for next Christmas and my brother and I dont agree on which resort is closer to most of the whole Disney complex. I say that Pop Century is right behind CBR and he says that it is much farther away and the All Stars are closer to everything. I think that the All Stars is close to AK(which he has stayed at before) but I think we would do better at Pop Century as far as staying at a value resort and having 5 kids. Any opinions on which would be better? My vote is for Pop Century for numerous reasons.

Pop Century is a bit closer to the action.

Pop Century (all around) is a much better resort (in my opinion).

He was correct in saying that All Stars are closer to the Animal Kingdom...but I believe when it comes to the rest of WDW...Pop Century is closer to the "center" (Epcot area).

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

POP is MUCH closer to the center of the resort, it is right up the street from DTD and it has a better exit out to 192 (osceola pkwy). I just stayed there last week for the first time and we were all happy with it,more like a moderate than a value to me.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I'll let you know how it goes for us in June. We have stayed at all 3 of the all stars and are a bit anxious to be at Pop Century. From what we hear though, I think we will be happy and as someone else told me..."a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work" so hopefully, regardless of where you stay you'll be having fun!

Upvote 0

Brandon

I was at Disney World 2 weeks ago and I noticed they do not have the busses organized as well as all the other parks when they close for the POP Centry Resort, espaecially at the Magic Kingdom. IT seems there are a lot more poeple at this one resort but only one bus stop at each park unlike the all-star resorts. I think I will stick with the All Star Music Resort.

Upvote 0

TheDisneyGirl02

Pop Century is a lot closer to the action than All Stars. All Stars is closest to DAK, but Pop is closest to Epcot, MK and Studios...yet it is just down the street from DAK. But to be closest to everything, I'd stay at Pop

TheDisneyGirl02

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Pop has 2880 rooms. Each of the All-Star Themes only has 1920 rooms.

Depending on the ages of the kids, they might enjoy Movies more than Pop.

Pop is more centrally located and easier to get to all parks than it is for All-Stars.

Upvote 0

jojoyner55

A point no one has mentioned yet - Pop Century is new! We had always stayed at Moderates until we did Pop last December - It was fine - and had bigger TV's! Okay, I got outta line - I have said this before and will say it again - I travel a lot in my job, and my observation is that the worst room at a Disney resort - value or what have you - is better than most rooms I have had at so called "4 star" resorts in Italy. Oh, and the rooms at any value at WDW are bigger than you can expect from a very expensive hotel in London or Tokyo. This June I am staying a night at a deluxe for the first time - the AKL; I suspect I will be completely spoiled...

Upvote 0

wdwforus

Original Poster
I know that AS are closer to AK but what my brother was saying that he thought POp was WAYYYY out of the way in relation to the entrance to WDW which he is totally wet on . I think he forgets there is more than one entrance. We are most likely going to stay in Pop but now I was wondering what building would be the best to stay in. We dont want to be too far from a bus stop or pools and food court but we dont want to be right on top of the food court either. I think my Mom wants a preffered room but a standard is good for us. We dont use the room much other than to sleep and shower and are at the parks or pool alot. Thanks for any replies and to those who already posted I look forward to seeing how some of your vacations work out.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

I know that AS are closer to AK but what my brother was saying that he thought POp was WAYYYY out of the way in relation to the entrance to WDW which he is totally wet on . I think he forgets there is more than one entrance. We are most likely going to stay in Pop but now I was wondering what building would be the best to stay in. We dont want to be too far from a bus stop or pools and food court but we dont want to be right on top of the food court either. I think my Mom wants a preffered room but a standard is good for us. We dont use the room much other than to sleep and shower and are at the parks or pool alot. Thanks for any replies and to those who already posted I look forward to seeing how some of your vacations work out.

The 70's buildings are good. Split halfway between two pools and it's a short walk to the food court and buses.

Upvote 0

kadiehl

our family opinion

A lot of different opinions, but I can tell you that our family loves the All Star Movies Resort. It is affordable and fun. This time when we go back on October, I even was able to choose the building we wanted (Toy Story, of course):rolleyes: . But we have been more than satisfied with the service and everything! Plus, I would rather stay at a value resort and spend my money on souvenirs and character meals :animwink:

Upvote 0

soccer9miahamm

I've stayed at All Star Sports and All Star Movies (twice), plus this Jan., we stayed at the Pop Century Resort. It is right by WWoS and from some of the wings, you can see the EPCOT ball. It has good location, yes, but there are also more rooms then at any of the All Stars and so bus lines get very long and the cafe court can be very crowded as well.

Upvote 0

soccer9miahamm

Originally posted by jojoyner55
A point no one has mentioned yet - Pop Century is new! We had always stayed at Moderates until we did Pop last December - It was fine - and had bigger TV's! Okay, I got outta line - I have said this before and will say it again - I travel a lot in my job, and my observation is that the worst room at a Disney resort - value or what have you - is better than most rooms I have had at so called "4 star" resorts in Italy. Oh, and the rooms at any value at WDW are bigger than you can expect from a very expensive hotel in London or Tokyo. This June I am staying a night at a deluxe for the first time - the AKL; I suspect I will be completely spoiled...
I have stayed at the AKL and it is one of the most relaxing resorts on Disney property. It is really quiet, and getting to see the animals in the morning is great!

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Originally posted by N. Michigan Mom
Which Pop Century wings can you see the Epcot Ball from?

Having just returned, I can tell you with 100% certainty that you can see Spaceship Earth from the 50's "C" building, on the lake side. :D

Pop Century is much closer to Epoct and the Studios than the All-Star's, to me. 10 minute bus ride, at the most.

The 50's buildings are close to the main building, and also have a pool in the middle of them. Plus, it's fun looking at all the horrible song titles on the records on the exterior of the buildings. :lol:

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

Wow~ Great pics! :)

You know, I was thinking of staying at the Grand FL next time, but I just HAVE to stay in that little Lady and the Tramp 50's building! LOL

J/k 2005 - that'll be my goal! Lady and the Tramp here I come!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

humphrybear

WOW!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Thank you so much for the pictures. I am staying at PC the week of June 13th for the first time. I am now more than ever, excited to be staying at PC.

Thanks!

:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom