Pop Century room locations

ebjjst

Thank you for all of the postings regarding my last question on value vs moderate resorts! After reading all of them, looking at some resort descriptions, and photographs, my sister and I have decided to save the extra money and stay at the Pop Century resort. (We're not interested in pools, hot tubs, or a lake.) Now, having made that decision, what area of Pop Century will be quiet at night and in the early morning? Are there any "in the back" rooms within the buildings closest to the food court and bus stop? We're both in our fifties, a bit overweight, with arthritic knees. (Yeah, I know, we'll be doing a LOT of walking at the theme parks!) :lol::ROFLOL:

love disney

I've never really had a problem with noise at Pop Century, but I would suggest requesting a room that does not face one of the pools. It seems that at times the pools can be a bit noisy, so probably best to ask to be away from them (which will mean being further away from the lobby area) or at least not facing them. Have fun!

Upvote 0

MaxsDad

I am going to say request a ground floor room in the 70's section. 70's does not have pool, so it is quieter than those that do. It is reasonably close to the food and buses. If not ground floor, then near the center of the buildings where the elevators are.

Upvote 0

macsmom

I would recommend asking for a room facing the lake if you're looking for quiet.

Even though we were on the 3rd floor last stay, this was perfect. Quiet with a nice view. The elevator comes in handy, though you have to walk to the main hall. I don't consider it a long walk.

Have a great time!

danna

P.S. I'm about to hit the 51 mark, so I understand about the knees and stuff! Somehow, they don't seem to hurt so bad when I am walking around the parks. It's when I get back to the room and rest, THEN it hits me!

Upvote 0

jessfriends

I will be staying at Pop for the first time in June and wondered what the 80s room locations are like? I like the 80s so I was going to request this area but if it isn't good then I won't request it. I know that they don't guarantee requests but I thought it might be worth a shot.

Upvote 0

PalisadesPkteer

I prefer the 50's area myself. Very quiet and if you get a room facing the lake even nicer.

For your situation though it may be better if you stayed in the 70's area. There is no pool there so it probably is quiet.

Although have stayed in 50's area for all 5 times I have been at Pop and it has always been quiet there.

Building with room numbers 0101 - 0472 is closest to bus stop area and food court. (70's area)

Some rooms in building 6101 - 6472 are also close. (also 70's area) You will need to stay on sides that are away from the lake and facing the center court area to be closer to bus stops and food court.

I do think the rooms 1101 - 1472 and 3101 - 3472 in 50's area is just as close though. Depending on if your room is near statues of Lady or Tramp which is elevator area of buildings. I have stayed in this area and it is a short walk to me. I will be 52 on May 8 with aging legs and knees myself.

You may have to go with preferred rooms in both cases to be closest I believe.

All building have icons and this is where the elevators are. Could try to get rooms near them so you are close to elevator.

Most of all enjoy yourself and wish I was there with you.

Upvote 0

erstwo

We love the back side (non pool facing side) of the 50's building as well. As a bonus, you can see at least 2 fireworks displays from the "balcony" in front of the door to your room. DH and I would sometimes stand out there to watch the fireworks after we put the kids to bed.

It was very quiet, which is important when you have 2 kids in bed at 9! And not too bad of a walk.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

fosse76

I would recommend asking for a room facing the lake if you're looking for quiet.

Any room near the lake will be very quiet. I highly recommend it. It's further away from the bus though. Another quiet area is the 90's buildings...but I don't recommend it. I've stayed at Pop Century 6 times now, and the last time I was there and in the 90's buildings, I kept getting lost on my way to the buses!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

The one time that we stayed at Pop Century, due to waiting too late to book at POR, we had a very nice room.
It was in the '60's building on the second floor, on the side overlooking the lake. Very quiet but yet still convenient. Walk to the red yoyo, go up one flight and you're there.
We had to pay for a 'preferred location'.

I would suggest asking for 'a preferred location overlooking the lake', or something like that.

Good luck.
:)

Upvote 0

tink65

Any room near the lake will be very quiet. I highly recommend it. It's further away from the bus though. Another quiet area is the 90's buildings...but I don't recommend it. I've stayed at Pop Century 6 times now, and the last time I was there and in the 90's buildings, I kept getting lost on my way to the buses!

The 90's building is very quiet. Even though it seems far away from the food court & bus stops, if you walk straight ahead and go straight through the parking lot to the right of the building you will come right to the bus stops! Doing this really shortens the walk too! My favorite choice though is the 50's building. Nice & quiet with a short walk to main building. I think you guys are going to love Pop Century! Have a great time!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We have stayed at Pop twice & I prefer the 50's section - even though there is a pool nearby, it was very quiet.
To me it seemed to be more quiet further away from the main lobby.
The 60's pool in the middle section seemed to be a bit more crowded & noisy.
:wave:

Upvote 0

yensid67

Thank you for all of the postings regarding my last question on value vs moderate resorts! After reading all of them, looking at some resort descriptions, and photographs, my sister and I have decided to save the extra money and stay at the Pop Century resort. (We're not interested in pools, hot tubs, or a lake.) Now, having made that decision, what area of Pop Century will be quiet at night and in the early morning? Are there any "in the back" rooms within the buildings closest to the food court and bus stop? We're both in our fifties, a bit overweight, with arthritic knees. (Yeah, I know, we'll be doing a LOT of walking at the theme parks!) :lol::ROFLOL:

EBJJST:

My 2 cents worth to your post...

"I was planning to stay at POP as well, but opted to stay off property, but what I found out by researching is that the 70's area does not have a pool it is just a tad from the main building and bus stop! So depending on what you want to sacrafice for quiet is another decision! I would suggest that if you want peace and quiet,,,you choose the BACK SIDE of 80's or 90's building. They are a little further away from the 70's building but do have a pool as well, BUT if you request the back side of those buildings and express your need for quiet away from the pools, they will try to accommodate you as much as possible!
If you want to view POP grounds go to microsoft.com/virtual earth (type this into your search line) Its a free site and then after loading it you just type in Walt Disney World and hit the magnifying glass and WOOSH!! It whisks you to WDW, go south from the Magic Kingdom toward Wide World of Sports and look a little NE and find POP resort!

With the lake a the top of your computer screen: the buildings from 50's (bowling pins & Bowling Pin Pool) are right when looking at the resort from the front, to the left right behind the Main Building is the 60's building (preferred rooms & Flower shaped pool)to the left of the 60's are the 70's (with NO POOL), the then to the left are the 80's & 90's (with a computer pool)

Hope this helps!? I found a hotel right outside the back gates from Hotel Plaza Blvd that is only $370.00 for a week Comfort Inn LBV. Close enough to take a few hours in the afternoon to go back and recharge yourself as well as your camera batteries too!:ROFLOL:Just do a search for Comfort Inn LBV, it will pull up the site and check out their prices! Unless you are Gung-Ho on staying on property!? This might save you money too!!! I also have discount codes and sites for Rental Cars and Park Tickets! Just email me

Will
:wave: from PA

Upvote 0

eroyee

I will be staying at Pop for the first time in June and wondered what the 80s room locations are like? I like the 80s so I was going to request this area but if it isn't good then I won't request it. I know that they don't guarantee requests but I thought it might be worth a shot.
We always request the 70's top floor and we get it. Just put it on your reservation. the 80s is not bad, either. anywhere you go is not that far from the busses and food court if thats your worry.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom