Pop Century room locations

ebjjst

Thank you for all of the postings regarding my last question on value vs moderate resorts! After reading all of them, looking at some resort descriptions, and photographs, my sister and I have decided to save the extra money and stay at the Pop Century resort. (We're not interested in pools, hot tubs, or a lake.) Now, having made that decision, what area of Pop Century will be quiet at night and in the early morning? Are there any "in the back" rooms within the buildings closest to the food court and bus stop? We're both in our fifties, a bit overweight, with arthritic knees. (Yeah, I know, we'll be doing a LOT of walking at the theme parks!) :lol::ROFLOL:

PalisadesPkteer

I have stayed at Comfort Inn LBV several times also. The bus service is fairly good for an off site hotel. Clean, comfortable rooms and has been quiet in #1000 building.

Microwave and Fridge in room and you have an in-room safe. Tea - coffee also.

You can go for the breakfast buffet I don't remember how much it was though.

For POP I like staying in 50's area facing the lake. Very quiet and the walk is not too bad. Had the corner room once on ground floor facing lake and all I had to do was go out the door, make a RH turn and there was the bowling pin pool. This pool is usually pretty quiet so even if you face pool I feel it will not be bad at all. The buildings with Lady or Tramp are the best bets. They are closest.

Upvote 0

Wisconsin

We always stay in the 90s building. It seems far away from the food court but the trick is to cut through the parking lot. There always seem to be fewer people staying in this building (Heading back there next Tuesday). Disney says they can't guarantee your room request but we have always recieved what we asked for. To a degree, though, Disney can't do anything about your neighbors (doors slamming at 3 a.m., yelling in the room next door,etc.), but that's true at any motel. Have a great trip, you'll love Pop and the money you're saving!!

Upvote 0

sorcerergoofy

Every time we go, we stay in the 90's "Rubix Cube" building. You would park in the 90's lot. Stay on the side facing the parking, and you will have no issues with noise. This is also the closest you can get to where the buses pick up...you can actually see the buses if you step out of your room!

Upvote 0

yensid67

I have stayed at Comfort Inn LBV several times also. The bus service is fairly good for an off site hotel. Clean, comfortable rooms and has been quiet in #1000 building.

Microwave and Fridge in room and you have an in-room safe. Tea - coffee also.

You can go for the breakfast buffet I don't remember how much it was though.

For POP I like staying in 50's area facing the lake. Very quiet and the walk is not too bad. Had the corner room once on ground floor facing lake and all I had to do was go out the door, make a RH turn and there was the bowling pin pool. This pool is usually pretty quiet so even if you face pool I feel it will not be bad at all. The buildings with Lady or Tramp are the best bets. They are closest.

PALISADES:

Thanks for confirming info about Comfort Inn LBV. Through my research, the breakfast buffet is about $8.00, but the hotel gives you a discount from what I read. But like I said, the hotel is so close to Disney that its almost like being on property! I am certain its less than 5 minutes away from Disney property!

Upvote 0

PalisadesPkteer

Thanks yensid67

Come to think of it they did give me a voucher I think it was $3 but don't quote me.
So the buffet comes out to $5? Pretty good selection for Breakfast.

Probably 5 min by car. I always took the bus service they had or walked the approximate 1 to 1.25 miles to DTD. About 20 min walk depends on traffic could be 25 min. Had to take a cab from DTD on last trip because I mis-understood the bus schedule
(Note to self. Next time ask!)

It was $8.50 I believe to go from DTD near Planet Hollywood to Comfort Inn LBV maybe $8.25. Much less than $20 they can charge you from parks etc. Went from MK to DTD then got Taxi cab. Light traffic, it was 1:30 to 2:00 AM.

Nice to have the fridge and microwave in the room. Stores with a grocery store at the crossroads center next street over so you can get most anything. Had tea and coffee in room you could make it yourself. Nice little place inside hotel to get goodies there also.

If your a light sleeper get room away from roads and facing parking lots. I have been fine though facing roads not too bad as far as noise goes.

Hope this helped. Like POP alot, but Comfort Inn much less most times.

Upvote 0

PalisadesPkteer

I have always stayed in the 50's area. It has always been quiet. I has a room facing the pool in the jukebox building once and it was really not noisy at all. The walk to the buses and food court are not bad at least for me. The orig. poster did say they had trouble walking somewhat.

If you really look at it the bus stops for DTD Typhoon Lagoon Blizzard Beach are close to 70's. But the stops for the other parks could be closer to 50's

Could be the quiet factor of no pool in 70's. But I have had nothing but quiet in 50's area.

I think the only reason 70's could be closer to bus stops is if you cut through the parking lots. The food court looks the same no mater which area.

If you end up in the jukebox building then you are certainly farther away. Lady or Tramp buildings are the best.

The luggage and magical express areas are closer to 50's area for sure.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom