Pop Century renovation schedule

JennaMills15

They’ve worked backwards starting with the 90s. 80s and 90s have been done for a while now. So requesting one of those will get you a renovated room. I assume if they’ve begun 60s, then 70s must be completed as well? A good tip: if you don’t want to pay extra for preferred location (closer to main building) request 90s near transportation. A standard there facing parking puts you near main building! And those rooms have all been renovated.

I stayed last May in the 80s (the far building) and it seemed so far away from everything, even transportation. I would like to get 60s or 70s so we’re a little closer to the quick-service, front desk, etc.!

clarabellej

I stayed last May in the 80s (the far building) and it seemed so far away from everything, even transportation. I would like to get 60s or 70s so we’re a little closer to the quick-service, front desk, etc.!
You should get a preferred room. That would guarantee being nearer to the main building. We have stayed in 70s & 60s many times. Have also done 90s and requested neat transportation. That way even the standard room isn’t far from the main building, but there is no guarantee then.

Deuce84p

We just checked in, we got 60’s, building 5. Our building is fully open but building 4(I think?) is still completely closed.

clarabellej

Did you have a preferred room or a standard? We check in tomorrow and I’m hoping for 60s or 70s!
We had preferred. I just took a look & Deuce is correct, the building opposite 5 in the main 60s area (where hippy dippy pool is) is completely closed. You can see something posted in all the windows. We noticed one day when we woke up late (around 11 a.m.) that there were a lot of construction workers on the move. Other than that everything was under control. We could see construction walls up where they are working on the new Skyliner between Pop & AoA. We really enjoyed our fresh room in building five. We were down at the end close to Generation Gap bridge. Ground floor. Very easy walk to Classic Hall.

clarabellej

Where did you end up?
We were in building 5, ground floor 60s way down toward the end as you walk toward Generation Gap bridge that crossed to AoA. Loved the room & the location. Ours was preferred, not pool view. Too close to the pool can get noisy. I don’t mind upper floors, but prefer not using the elevators. There was minimal noise from above. Didn’t bother me too much. A few morning door knocks & attempts at opening our door by maintenance of some kind. This happened maybe 3 times. The strip light above our Pluto/Murphy bed was a little flickery. I mentioned this to maintenance. The only real noise was a family passing our room one morning before we were up. A kid started hollering about something and instead of moving along, they stood there. I was very tempted to open the door and tell them to knock it off! Home again, missing Disney & Pop
😩😫😢

Wellhello

Hey everyone!
My wife and I are staying at Pop century for the first time the first week in May. We’re also bringing our daughter who will be 10 months old when we go (I know we’re crazy lol). I was curious where would be the best building for us to stay with the possibility of getting a refurbished room. I think we booked for just a standard room but I could be wrong. I would greatly appreciate any help!!

clarabellej

Hey everyone!
My wife and I are staying at Pop century for the first time the first week in May. We’re also bringing our daughter who will be 10 months old when we go (I know we’re crazy lol). I was curious where would be the best building for us to stay with the possibility of getting a refurbished room. I think we booked for just a standard room but I could be wrong. I would greatly appreciate any help!!
Pretty sure all rooms are renovated in 80’s & 90’s. Preferred rooms would put you closer to Classic Hall though. Not sure if all 70’s is done. They were still working on part of 60s when we left on 3/18. Working backwards thru the decades. I ended up calling about 5 days before our trip & requesting a renovated room & we got it!

Zipadeelady

We will be staying at POP in June. My daughter wants to stay in the 50's! Any idea if they've started the 50's or when they'll be done?

Deuce84p

Hi! Do you know if the 60's refurbishment in the lake view zone are finished?

Thanks!!!!!!!

All of building 5 in the 60s was done, including lake view. Looked like they were getting ready to open the lake view part of building 4 in the next day or two, though the front half of building 4 was still not done.

allgiggles

We will be staying at POP in June. My daughter wants to stay in the 50's! Any idea if they've started the 50's or when they'll be done?

They started building 3 of the 50's section about 3 weeks ago. Renovations have been taking close to 90 days per building. Based on that, building 3 could be complete by June (no guarantee), but since neither one of the other buildings has even been started yet, it will be late summer at least before those are completed.

Zipadeelady

They started building 3 of the 50's section about 3 weeks ago. Renovations have been taking close to 90 days per building. Based on that, building 3 could be complete by June (no guarantee), but since neither one of the other buildings has even been started yet, it will be late summer at least before those are completed.
Thank you for the reply! I'll just hope we get a remodeled room.

Zipadeelady

Apparently your best chance is to call about a week out from arrival and request a remodelled room specifically.
Best chance of guaranteeing it.
Thanks! That's a good idea. My daughter would rather stay in the 50's than any other building even if it means an old room, i'm not sure why other than she thinks the rest of the decades are inferior to the 50's. :rolleyes: She's an old soul, what can I say.

exnihlio13

Thanks! That's a good idea. My daughter would rather stay in the 50's than any other building even if it means an old room, i'm not sure why other than she thinks the rest of the decades are inferior to the 50's. :rolleyes: She's an old soul, what can I say.

Bearing in mind though that the rooms themselves don't follow the theme of the area you're in. From what I've seen the insides of the rooms are all the same (except that the renoed rooms are nicer and have queen sized beds). Seems kinda up in the air that the 50s would be done by June since they are the last set left to do. but you can wander to any area/pool/etc that you like. But I totally agree with her that the 50s area is the neatest thematically.
If you want to try and convince her I think there's a video on this thread showing the reno'd rooms.
Guaranteed bigger bed might be enough of a sell. Pretty big difference between a double and a queen. ;)
I imagine if you call late May though there'll at least be some done but it may suck if they are in the midst of renovating those buildings while you stay there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom