Pop Century renovation schedule

clarabellej

The last update I recall they were working on the 70's....I'm coming around that same time on Jan 29th but, I'm on the tail end staying in the 50's section...
We are paying for preferred room & I believe I Requested 60s. How is it looking? Can you give us an update? We leave for Disney on the 11th of March. Maybe I shouldn’t request 60s. I mean preferred is preferred, so I assume we will be closer to main building.

Mainahman

Were staying at pop starting on March 2nd. When i called, i asked for a refurbed room, which means i may end up in the 90s. I think they have the 60s and 50s left, and are about done with the 70s, but dont quote me.

Cmdr_Crimson

We are paying for preferred room & I believe I Requested 60s. How is it looking? Can you give us an update? We leave for Disney on the 11th of March. Maybe I shouldn’t request 60s. I mean preferred is preferred, so I assume we will be closer to main building.
You can always change it to another preferred room but, it will be further away..for me a room is a room and as long as I can sleep and go to the Parks I'm good.:D

clarabellej

Were staying at pop starting on March 2nd. When i called, i asked for a refurbed room, which means i may end up in the 90s. I think they have the 60s and 50s left, and are about done with the 70s, but dont quote me.
Just read on another forum that they have begun work on 60s, so fingers crossed 🤞🏼😊

WDW_Emily

My sister just came back on Tuesday. She was staying in the 70s and got a refurbished room my guess is the 60s are being worked on now.

allgiggles

My sister just came back on Tuesday. She was staying in the 70s and got a refurbished room my guess is the 60s are being worked on now.

As of 2 days ago (give or take a day) both buildings in the 60's are now completely closed for refurbishment. The 70's, 80's, and 90's are completely refurbished. They will start the 50's as soon as they finish one of the 60's buildings.

ETA: Apparently there are still some pool view rooms open in building 4. Thoughts are that those will close once the pool view rooms in building 5 are open.

Last edited:

Rob562

I’m assuming with a preferred room we get 50s, 60s or 70s right? Are there preferred in any other decade?

Nope. About half of the Preferred rooms are in 60's with the remaining rooms in the wings of Buildings 1 & 3 (50's) and Buildings 6 & 10 (70's) that are closest to the main building.

-Rob

exnihlio13

With our Standard Pool room booking for mid-may in our check-in we have the option to request:
ground, 50s, 80s or near stairs.
Would 50s be done by mid-may I imagine?
it seems to be the preferred location..especially if we could somehow upgrade to lake facing room.

allgiggles

With our Standard Pool room booking for mid-may in our check-in we have the option to request:
ground, 50s, 80s or near stairs.
Would 50s be done by mid-may I imagine?
it seems to be the preferred location..especially if we could somehow upgrade to lake facing room.

I'll be surprised (shocked, really) if the 50's are done by mid-May. Disney would have to significantly pick up the pace for that to happen. It has been taking them about 80-90 days to complete 1 building. None of the 50's buildings has even been started yet as they are currently working on the 60's section. It took 10 months (March-Dec. 2017) to complete the first 5 buildings. If they continue to move at that snail's pace, it will be late summer/early fall until the 50's are complete. And you wouldn't be able to "upgrade" to a lake facing room as those are all standard rooms...you'd be downgrading technically (though personally, I'd take a lake-facing room any day over a pool facing room.)

exnihlio13

Hmm...real good info. Thanks!
Makes me re-evaluate our plans as a whole. At the time I was booking there was *only* standard pool options in the Canadian promotion we booked. Personally I'd take a lake view over a pool any day of the week but we booked what we could.

So based on this thread it sounds like we're better off asking for 80s/90s since all those rooms are renovated?
I'd think the renovation (as well as avoiding an area under construction) trumps a lake view any day but we've never been to Pop Century.

Mainahman

We last stayed in the 60s building i believe in 2012, and had a lake view, which was before AoA was a thing. it was super quiet and was considered a standard room. I would of loved that same room again, but with construction that isnt happening. I agree id take a refurb room over a old room with lake at this point. Ill know in about a week what room we have been assigned. Cant wait!

mightybhwk

We opted for a preferred room but all that we could get was a preferred pool view at the end of June.

We never stayed on site before. Would that be in the 60's building? I assume that would be renovated by then.

Also, when do they tell you what room you've been assigned? We requested a high floor room.

allgiggles

We opted for a preferred room but all that we could get was a preferred pool view at the end of June.

We never stayed on site before. Would that be in the 60's building? I assume that would be renovated by then.

Also, when do they tell you what room you've been assigned? We requested a high floor room.

The only preferred pool view rooms are in the 60's section. I think they will be finished with the 60's section by the end of June. There was a report on another message board today that someone who checked in last night got a refurbished room in Building 5 of the 60's so we know they're making progress and starting to put some of those rooms back in to inventory. I don't know where in Building 5 that room is located.

You will get your room assignment at check-in. If you do online check-in and get direct-to-room check-in, you will get a text and/or e-mail with your room number an hour or two (sometimes sooner) before the time you indicated you will arrive (or you could get a text/e-mail letting you know that your room isn't quite ready and they'll give you the room number when it's available). I've also read reports that the room number will show up in your MDE account a few hours before arrival even if you haven't done online check-in but that doesn't seem to happen consistently so it's just another place to check on arrival day when waiting for your room number.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom