Pop Century Legendary Years????

lilo091701

When is this going to be done????? I just love Pop Century and can't wait for the new section to be done!!!! It's taken so long!!!!!

colleen2997

I don't understand why Disney is pouring so much money into new DVC construction, but can't finish Pop Century. I was watching the Youtube footage of the Legendary Years and it is absolutely decaying away to the point of no return. It is so creepy to see the partially built rooms deserted and abondoned. Either they need to tear it down or finish them! Those rooms won't go to waste if they finish, that is for sure!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
More than likley when this happens

signhell.jpg

or maybe this

LO-when_pigs_fly-4821160.jpg

It seems that the likelihood of them ever being completed is next to zero. There has even been talk of having to demolish the existing structures.

Upvote 0

lilo091701

Original Poster
Two and part of the food and check in area!!! You can see it really clear on Goggle Maps:p!!! It is really cool. You can even see the outlines of all the other buildings!!!

Upvote 0

fosse76

The reason they don't finish is because the demand for more rooms doesn't exist. At least not enough to balance the cost of construction and operation of the additional facilities. While there are probably times during the year that all the resorts are full, it might not justify the operational cost the rest of the year. Whereas Disney sees that construction of the DVC will be financially beneficial.

Upvote 0

Kath-n-me

When is this going to be done????? I just love Pop Century and can't wait for the new section to be done!!!! It's taken so long!!!!!
I had been told by a member of WDW management this past November, that both the "Classic Years" & the family suites were to be torn down. The dirt hills might be from a BMX racing event that was held last fall on the property

Upvote 0
The reason they don't finish is because the demand for more rooms doesn't exist. At least not enough to balance the cost of construction and operation of the additional facilities. While there are probably times during the year that all the resorts are full, it might not justify the operational cost the rest of the year. Whereas Disney sees that construction of the DVC will be financially beneficial.
You must not be a stockholder because if you follow the occupancy rates they are---May 2007=88% Aug 2007=93% Nov.2007=90% Feb 2008=89% May 2008=88% any hotel in the world would kill for rates like that.There has to be another reason.:shrug:

Upvote 0

fosse76

You must not be a stockholder because if you follow the occupancy rates they are---May 2007=88% Aug 2007=93% Nov.2007=90% Feb 2008=89% May 2008=88% any hotel in the world would kill for rates like that.There has to be another reason.:shrug:

None of those rates is sold-out though. If the occupancy rates were at 100%, then they would have reason to continue construction. Obviously, Disney doesn't find the operational cost of additional lodging facilities necessary so it is unecessary to complete construction on additional lodging.

Upvote 0

raven

The reason they don't finish is because the demand for more rooms doesn't exist.

:confused: I'd be interested to see where this information posted? They are building separate DVC complexes for AKL and the Contemporary. Rooms are rooms, DVC or not. If they need more DVC rooms then that tells you they need more rooms period.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I bet there arent too many empty rooms there this week....
Actually as of last week there were rooms available for the 4th of July weekend at all resort levels. Currently only moderate and above are available. Normally that particular weekend is booked solid months in advance. Bookings at the resorts are definitely off from this time last year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom