Poor DAK! Recent Trip Observations

jeterdog04

i think people are pretty grossly exaggerating the "decline" of animal kingdom. my only critiques of the park are that dinosaur isn't called countdown to extinction anymore and that there really isn't a TON of stuff to do like you really never need to spend more than a few hours there unless it is your first time or something.

i think it could be argued that kilamanjaro safaris is one of the best rides in disney world. when you think about it, it is really absolutely phenomenal that such a ride exists i'm pretty sure it is one of a kind, i definitely have never heard of anything on its level anywhere else. the poaching storyline might seem silly and i understand how people say the main point of the ride is seeing all the animals but it really does serve a purpose. the drivers start off talking about how you are going on a 2 week safari and all the theming supports that idea (like the luggage on the trucks and whatnot), and then they use the poaching storyline to "end our trip early." i think it is cute and clever and certainly doesn't detract from the ride. it definitely isn't like exciting or entertaining but it serves its purpose.

there is really so much potential for animal kingdom and there are some things that i really thought they would have accomplished eventually but time keeps passing and they never come to fruition. when they opened up "asia," it left open so many opportunities to eventually add other continents. i dont really understand why there is only africa and asia as far as continents are concerned. can you imagine AUSTRALIA! kangaroos and koalas! it would be amazing! furthermore i'm a little offended that there isn't an america. there are references to being a vegetarian on tshirts all over the park yet they cant throw in an area with american farm animals? alright i guess australia sounds way more awesome than america. they could even add a south american rain forest type area! the possibilities are endless and its really quite sad that no major expansions have happened since asia was added.

all in all though i think i'm just greedy and expect too much out of disney based on how amazing the rest of the park is. i just can't even comprehend all the work that went in to developing a park where there are so many amazing animals that are so comfortable being so close to millions of park guests all the time. if they could recreate the african savannah they can recreate the australian outback, but whatever lets keep complaining about some stupid yeti thing (people who don't know the ride don't even notice anything is missing fyi so its not as disastrous as this message board makes it sound...guaranteed no new rider gets off everest complaining about how it should be shut down for 6 months and refurbished)

the-reason14

i think people are pretty grossly exaggerating the "decline" of animal kingdom. my only critiques of the park are that dinosaur isn't called countdown to extinction anymore and that there really isn't a TON of stuff to do like you really never need to spend more than a few hours there unless it is your first time or something.

i think it could be argued that kilamanjaro safaris is one of the best rides in disney world. when you think about it, it is really absolutely phenomenal that such a ride exists i'm pretty sure it is one of a kind, i definitely have never heard of anything on its level anywhere else. the poaching storyline might seem silly and i understand how people say the main point of the ride is seeing all the animals but it really does serve a purpose. the drivers start off talking about how you are going on a 2 week safari and all the theming supports that idea (like the luggage on the trucks and whatnot), and then they use the poaching storyline to "end our trip early." i think it is cute and clever and certainly doesn't detract from the ride. it definitely isn't like exciting or entertaining but it serves its purpose.

there is really so much potential for animal kingdom and there are some things that i really thought they would have accomplished eventually but time keeps passing and they never come to fruition. when they opened up "asia," it left open so many opportunities to eventually add other continents. i dont really understand why there is only africa and asia as far as continents are concerned. can you imagine AUSTRALIA! kangaroos and koalas! it would be amazing! furthermore i'm a little offended that there isn't an america. there are references to being a vegetarian on tshirts all over the park yet they cant throw in an area with american farm animals? alright i guess australia sounds way more awesome than america. they could even add a south american rain forest type area! the possibilities are endless and its really quite sad that no major expansions have happened since asia was added.

all in all though i think i'm just greedy and expect too much out of disney based on how amazing the rest of the park is. i just can't even comprehend all the work that went in to developing a park where there are so many amazing animals that are so comfortable being so close to millions of park guests all the time. if they could recreate the african savannah they can recreate the australian outback, but whatever lets keep complaining about some stupid yeti thing (people who don't know the ride don't even notice anything is missing fyi so its not as disastrous as this message board makes it sound...guaranteed no new rider gets off everest complaining about how it should be shut down for 6 months and refurbished)

I agree that a lot of people here do whine and complain about things, most of the time they seem stupid like burned out lightbulbs, or missing trees and paint. But the Yeti is one of those things that they actually have a point over. The Yeti was touted as the centerpiece of the attraction, and its obvious from the line and how many times he's mentioned that you will see him. And its kinda sad that he isnt working the way he was intended. I still enjoy E:E because it is a roller coaster and the thrill is what matters, but that extra added detail is the difference between disney and the others.

misterID

No matter how you slice it, theme parks need rides. It's not "just" about ambiance. How many people do you think go to a theme park just for the enviromental feel? If you're happy with it being a park, instead of a themepark, you are definitely in the minority. TDO is still trying to tout Everest as them "adding something" to the park.

And I don't think AK is in decline, it has never lived up to its potential.

With that said, I still think the theme of AK is better than all the other parks. Even without the attractions... Which no matter how many ridiculous arguments are given to the contrary, it is still very badly in need of more rides... AK is a beautiful Park. Joe Rohde out did himself.

Dinoman96

There's a Komodo Dragon on Maharajah jungle trek.

Not that dragon...

dragon.jpg

EDIT: If you don't understand what I'm trying to say here, I mean add Australia and Beastly Kingdom.

IWant2GoNow

I agree that a lot of people here do whine and complain about things, most of the time they seem stupid like burned out lightbulbs, or missing trees and paint. But the Yeti is one of those things that they actually have a point over. The Yeti was touted as the centerpiece of the attraction, and its obvious from the line and how many times he's mentioned that you will see him. And its kinda sad that he isnt working the way he was intended. I still enjoy E:E because it is a roller coaster and the thrill is what matters, but that extra added detail is the difference between disney and the others.

Yes the Yeti definitely needs saved as my campaign reads. I agree that many new riders wouldn't know what was missing, but I would almost guarantee that if they were to experience A-Mode after riding B-Mode they would then wonder what happened and why it's not working. Not to mention Disney put a lot of money and Imagineering into that Yeti AA and to have it sit motionless with a strobe light on it doesn't give it the Disney quality that it deserves. E:E isn't a terrible attraction in B-Mode but it was a magnificent attraction in A-Mode. SAVE THE YETI! :D

Rosso11

Yes the Yeti definitely needs saved as my campaign reads. I agree that many new riders wouldn't know what was missing, but I would almost guarantee that if they were to experience A-Mode after riding B-Mode they would then wonder what happened and why it's not working. Not to mention Disney put a lot of money and Imagineering into that Yeti AA and to have it sit motionless with a strobe light on it doesn't give it the Disney quality that it deserves. E:E isn't a terrible attraction in B-Mode but it was a magnificent attraction in A-Mode. SAVE THE YETI! :D

How about the next article the Disney Blog does on Ak we should all bombard it with questions and comments about the broken Yeti.

IWant2GoNow

How about the next article the Disney Blog does on Ak we should all bombard it with questions and comments about the broken Yeti.

Sounds good to me. Anything to get that working again would be great. Including waterfalls, steam, birds... basically the whole mountain needs to go down for 6 months or more.

Rosso11

I'm pretty sure DPB approves their comments. :rolleyes:

Just look at what happened with Lights of Winter. It definitely helped with that situation. This is where Disneyland has always had the advantage with their fans. For the most part they live locally so can complain in person, and they do make their voices heard. For DW we are so spread out, so we must make our voices heard in other ways. Disney has now decided to get into social websites and it is the perfect place to let Disney know how you feel in public. As long as you are polite and not attacking the company they usually post your comment even if it’s negative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom