Poor DAK! Recent Trip Observations

misterID

That's just even more stupid than the complaints itself. I would've said that the best way to file a complaint is in person, then the next level would be snail mail, then finally the easy email way. Maybe I'll complain about that too.

So... snail mail it is. Does anyone have the address to send all of these complaints to? And... do I send a different letter for the different issues, or not?

:lol: awesome. Walk in there with a clipboard and a notebook.

EPCOT Explorer

That's just even more stupid than the complaints itself. I would've said that the best way to file a complaint is in person, then the next level would be snail mail, then finally the easy email way. Maybe I'll complain about that too.

So... snail mail it is. Does anyone have the address to send all of these complaints to? And... do I send a different letter for the different issues, or not?

They took my LoW Complaints in person...:lookaroun

Animaniac93-98

This was printed on the Business card they gave me:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications Executive Offices

Post Office Box 10040 Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

email: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

On the back:

"When contacting the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort, please include the following:

Name, Address, Telephone Number, E-mail Address"

RSoxNo1

Kind of... BK was being built along with the Dinosaur Discovery land. Said land had a sedate indoor / outdoor Dinosaur AA ride. BK was axed, Excavator was axed, and the park needed a thrill ride. The Dino ride went indoors, and borrowed the tech and track being built for Indy at DL. A cheap fix, a new thrill ride, and CTX was born.

My understanding of the time line was budgets kept getting axed and they had to choose between putting BK or Dinoland into Phase 2. When Dinoland was built for synergy reasons, it was cut down even further.

Phase 2 was to include Beastly Kingdom, and presumably the Excavator, but the initial plan of attack for Animal Kingdom was never put together. The plan was to have new offerings at the other parks to prevent against cannibalization of Disney's own attendance. This is what they did when MGM opened. In 1989, in addition to MGM they also opened Wonders of Life, Norway, and Mickey's Birthdayland all within a similar time frame.

In 1998 (when Animal Kingdom opened), Test Track was supposed to be open in Epcot, David Copperfield's Magic Underground was supposed to be open in MGM, and something else was supposed to come to Magic Kingdom (maybe it was Fire Mountain, but I'm not sure that's true). What happened was Test Track got delayed, David Copperfield's Magic underground didn't happen, and nothing came to the Magic Kingdom, and predictably the attendance at those three parks dropped off when Animal Kingdom opened. Disney panicked and used the money earmarked for Phase 2 of the Animal Kingdom to improve the existing parks. This pushed Beastly Kingdom back in terms of the development.

Then when Islands of Adventure opened, Disney developed a plan in the event that Islands of Adventure ate away at their attendance. Of course Universal did a crappy job of marketing Islands of Adventure (and it didn't help that the park wasn't family friendly), and the result was that Islands of Adventure ate away at Universal's attendance and did nothing to hurt Disney's attendance. So all those projects that Disney had set up to combat Islands of Adventure were delayed (the only one that has been built has been Mission: SPACE). Beastly Kingdom was pushed back again, and at some point after Islands of Adventure opened, Eisner and some Disney execs walked around Islands of Adventure and noticed that Dueling Dragons looked awfully similar to their concept for Dragon Tower (in as much as they both had dragons) and Eisner than axed the idea of Dragon Tower being the centerpiece of Beastly Kingdom all together.

Nevermind the fact that they have a Dinosaur themed land much like Animal Kingdom, and that's apparently not a problem.

We just got back on Sat. from a week and a half down there. We did the safari a few times and there was no Zebras but there where alot of the at the lodge both Jambo and Kidani so maybe they just moved them up there.
A guide told me at jambo house that the animals up there live out there all night and come in the barn for treatment in the mornings for 3 hours a piece for meds and care. They said that happens between 7am and noon time and they do each section at a diffrent time so the resorts wouldnt be without any animals at one time. As to EE it is dumb what they have done with the yeti compared to what it can do.

I am going to AK for the first time next month and I am a little worried after reading this thread....I was really looking forward to the new park but now after reading several neg comments I wonder if it might be a mistake:(

_Scar

I am going to AK for the first time next month and I am a little worried after reading this thread....I was really looking forward to the new park but now after reading several neg comments I wonder if it might be a mistake:(

Going to DAK is not a mistake.

If you love good ole animals, quality shows, intense thrills, and appreciate the natural aspect then you will love DAK.

I think mistake was a little too strong of a word choice....I love animals. I guess that I just got scared with the stuff I read. I have this dream of what it is and I have a fear it will not live up to this dream.

Thanks scar!

Omnimover

I guess that I just got scared with the stuff I read. I have this dream of what it is and I have a fear it will not live up to this dream.

Don't worry, you will still be very impressed. DAK is one of the most immersive theme park experiences in the world (in my opinion, at least). The people around here are very attentive to details, and while this is important and a positive thing, it can be a little disheartening to the uninitiated. Enjoy your dream trip, you're going to have a blast. Say "hi" to the baby gorilla for us!

RSoxNo1

A while ago (perhaps even in this thread) I explained how Animal Kingdom and Epcot are parks that are more driven by the environment, and the sense/feeling you get while being in the park. Sure they have attractions, but they are not attraction driven. The Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are attraction driven.

ABigBrassBand

A while ago (perhaps even in this thread) I explained how Animal Kingdom and Epcot are parks that are more driven by the environment, and the sense/feeling you get while being in the park. Sure they have attractions, but they are not attraction driven. The Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are attraction driven.

I agree with this.

devoy1701

ehhh..

i think they all have a varying degree of being environmentally driven, all Disney Parks are environmentally driven.

anyway...imo, Hollywood Studios gives off a great vibe.

Dinoman96

Still doesn't help that people like Theme Park Review has made fun of it for lacking rides...

...why do you think they call it Minimal Kingdom? :p

Eyorefan

Is Future World at Epcot really suppose to be enviroment driven? I'm sorry, I don't get a great vibe from that area once I walk under SSE. Honestly the whole thing is just a sea of concrete unless you are standing in one of the pavillions.

Now MK, DHS, Ecot WS all have a lot more themeing going on that the FW of Epcot do. Unless the theme is concrete, in which case... they have executed it well.

RSoxNo1

It's a weird argument, and I agree that Animal Kingdom needs more attractions.

I agree that Disney has a certain feel. I sense it when I walk into a Disney World park, or when I walk into Disneyland. I kind of get it in DCA, but to me that feels a bit more like Islands of Adventure. But I also think that moreso than DHS and MK, Epcot and DAK are about the environment.

Sure the pathways of Future World aren't really that interesting, but the pavilions themselves are more than just the rides. That's what I meant by the environment (and obviously all of World Showcase). Comparitively, although Animal Kingdom doesn't have the same set up of pavilions, it does have diversions (mainly animal walk throughs, and tremendous detail) that can also be appreciated in the same way that Epcot is appreciated.

I don't think that DHS and MK are lacking in details, but I do think that you are more apt to jump from attraction to attraction in those parks without soaking in the details. Although the same practice is possible in Epcot and AK, it seems that to appreciate those parks, you need to appreciate more than just the attraction lineup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom