Pool

jbarteau

Original Poster
Hi All

This is our first vacation next week as DVC and i thought our guide had told us that we are allow to use other pools on Disney except Beach Club and Bay Lake towers. I was wondering if this is correct. My wife likes the Polynesian pool.

Jamie

DisneyJoe

DVC members staying on points can use any pool on property except for BLT (I think), Yacht and Beach Club's Storm-Along Bay, and AKL.

worldfanatic

I love pools as much as anybody.
But the concept of pool hopping?????
Why travel to hang out at another resort's pool?????:shrug:

Just because you can??????

I'm not grasping the concept.

If you want to enjoy a particular resort's pool, just stay there.
If it's too expensive. Do without it.
Why crowd other people's pools who are actual guests of those resorts.

Pool Hopping is a "Sham" of a benefit.

What else do you do?? Put ketchup on hot dogs??:animwink::lol:

Pioneer Hall

Different strokes for different folks I think. To some, the pools are attractions unto themselves and they enjoy visiting different ones. Since DVC gives it's members the benefit to do so, then I see no harm if someone wants to go and enjoy a different resorts pool. Sometimes it isn't just about cost either. The Polynesian does not offer a DVC component, so unless a member wants to book a cash room there and negate their DVC savings they aren't going to be staying there.

tjkraz

We pool hopped a couple times in one trip. We had thought about visiting a waterpark instead (this trip was in June--hot!) but pool hopping proved to be more economical. For the six people involved, it would have cost over $200 to buy single-day tickets to a waterpark--even more to add the "plus" options to our park tickets.

We were staying in the Treehouse villas. Ultimately we visited 3 of the pools at Saratoga Springs plus Port Orleans FQ and Old Key West. We missed out on the wave pool and family raft rides but the kids had multiple pools to enjoy, 3 different slides, water guns, etc. Plus we were able to enjoy the pools at our leisure without feeling compelled to get our money's worth from $200+ worth of waterpark admission.

Disneykidder

I love ketchup on my hot dogs!!

Pool hopping can be fun. Each pool has a different theme and some have slides and water features. Kids/adults can equally enjoy them. Yes, a pool bar is enjoyable, too.:)

I have only pool hopped once and I loved it. My son was on a Pirate Adventure at POR and my hubby and nephew were using sea raycers so I sunned at the pool and swam...relaxing.

When my kiddies are older, I def. will hop in the morning and then go to the parks after.

Just a question, though. Why are some not able to be hopped to? Are they too small? I say all or nothing.

WDWLocal

I love ketchup on my hot dogs!!

Pool hopping can be fun. Each pool has a different theme and some have slides and water features. Kids/adults can equally enjoy them. Yes, a pool bar is enjoyable, too.:)

I have only pool hopped once and I loved it. My son was on a Pirate Adventure at POR and my hubby and nephew were using sea raycers so I sunned at the pool and swam...relaxing.

When my kiddies are older, I def. will hop in the morning and then go to the parks after.

Just a question, though. Why are some not able to be hopped to? Are they too small? I say all or nothing.

Those hotels are timeshares or DVC which only their guests can use.

Phonedave

I imagine some people take a mid day break.

You could be staying at SSR for example. Take the bus to DHS in the morning, then walk up to EPCOT, but stop at Boardwalk on the way. Do a quick change in the health club locker room, swim, cool off, relax for an hour or so, and then change back and continue on to EPCOT.

-dave

Phonedave

It is based on expected usage. These are more popular pools, or are smaller pools. At certain times of the year, during high demand seasons, all pool hopping is suspended.

-dave

slappy magoo

DVC members staying on points can use any pool on property except for BLT (I think), Yacht and Beach Club's Storm-Along Bay, and AKL.

I was under the impression that this rule pertains to all the pools at DVC resorts, of which the Poly is not...yet :fork:

But seriously, I don't think that rule pertains to non-DVC resorts, but a: I could be wrong and b: depending on the resort, it might not be an issue. I can imagine a no to Poly & GF, but yeah, fine to any of the mods or values.

Lynne M

From the member site:

Whenever you are staying on your Membership at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, or The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, you and any Guests staying with you, are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World® Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, and the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas. There are no exceptions to this policy. As a reminder, during times of high occupancy, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

So, yes, you can swim at the pools at any Disney resort except for BLT, AKV, and BCV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom