Poohs Playful Spot

zap69

Original Poster
Well That was the worst thing Disney ever made in my opinion. I dont know about you but i really think 20k was alot better. They messed up a classic attraction to bring in this. They could have done what disneyland is doing and put Nemo in the Lagoon instead of Pooh. Thats 2 classic attractions that that bear has booted out. Poor Mr Toad & 20,000 will miss u both

jakeman

Have you been to Pooh's Playful Spot? What are the negatives that you see? Is there anything positve? How about the theming? Does it look as temporary as most people hoped it will be?

Connor002

well, 20k had already been closed for a while by the time Pooh came in, and I've heard the show building for 20k was deterioriating, so really, couldn't you say that Pooh just made the inevetible come a little faster.

At least we have two thing to look forward to:

Pooh's playground is relativly temporary

and

There is still room for another attraction on the 20k site

KumbaRider

Even though I am anxious for something new and exciting to add to the area, I am glad they added this "spot". It seems like a nice place for even the youngest ones to find something to do. I hope it is a nice area that younger families can enjoy. Then of course, when the time comes, allow room to expand into the old 20K site.

Magic Maker

Ya here's what I have to say:
1) 20K was dead way before Pooh took over that spot
2) 20K ain't ever comin' back
3) Pooh is a huge Guest pleaser
4) Guests have been requesting a new play areas for years, just because we the Disney nerds have not does not mean to majority of families haven't been asking for something like this
5) What did you see when you were there and other guests were there as well? Smiling faces on the kids, parents that looked happy to have a little break?

The Magic Kingdom and WDW as a whole just doesn't need a new big Eitcket, each park just got something new on 05.05.05, DAK being the exception because of Everest. The market is not in need of a big push like a new Eitcket at MK.
If Pooh's Spot is still there in 6 years then maybe we can start getting bent out of shape over it.
Right now it is a nice spot allowing kids that cannot go on some of the rides just yet to have a little place all their own.

DisneyFreak529

I dont know about you but i really think 20k was alot better. They messed up a classic attraction to bring in this.

It's not like 20K could stay open. You can't keep a ride open that might be bad for people's health. I think it's a great idea for parents that want to wind down a little. The parents can sit and rest for a little while, and the kids can play. I'm a little disapointed it's not a meet and greet but it's still cool.

speck76

zap69 said:
Well That was the worst thing Disney ever made in my opinion. I dont know about you but i really think 20k was alot better. They messed up a classic attraction to bring in this. They could have doney what disneyland is doing and put Nemo in the Lagoon instead of Pooh. Thats 2 classic attractions that that bear has booted out. Poor Mr Toad & 20,000 will miss u both

clicky

jrobinson424

Look at this way. That play spot could potentialy save some of you parents a long, long wait in a line somewhere. Say you have been there all day long in the hot sun. The lines for MAWTP, PP, TEA CUPS, IASW,DUMBO, PHILLARMAGIC, or THE CAROSEL are very, very long. A fastpass is out of the question. Maybe, just maybe, your child would rather play here while you sit down for a while, instead of having to wait 90 minutes or more to ride. I know my children would easily give up any of those ride's lines to be able to run around and play. Just a thought to think about.

Cmdr_Crimson

zap69 said:
They could have doney what disneyland is doing and put Nemo in the Lagoon instead of Pooh.

Yeeahhhh...Like I want to see more of Nemo...Living seas, The so called show that wants to take over Tarzan Rocks...NO Thank you.:hammer:

Tigger1988

Magic Maker said:
Ya here's what I have to say:
1) 20K was dead way before Pooh took over that spot
2) 20K ain't ever comin' back
3) Pooh is a huge Guest pleaser
4) Guests have been requesting a new play areas for years, just because we the Disney nerds have not does not mean to majority of families haven't been asking for something like this
5) What did you see when you were there and other guests were there as well? Smiling faces on the kids, parents that looked happy to have a little break?

The Magic Kingdom and WDW as a whole just doesn't need a new big Eitcket, each park just got something new on 05.05.05, DAK being the exception because of Everest. The market is not in need of a big push like a new Eitcket at MK.
If Pooh's Spot is still there in 6 years then maybe we can start getting bent out of shape over it.
Right now it is a nice spot allowing kids that cannot go on some of the rides just yet to have a little place all their own.

Great post!.. I'm sick of hearing that Pooh killed 20k...its been closed for YEARS people...get over it!

Dayma

I posted this on another similar thread but I will post it here also...

I just got back and noticed that by mid-afternoon this new area was popular with families. It gave parents a change to un-wind while the kids run wild.

DisneyWales

Pooh, whats next

Well so we all agree Pooh is here to stay (for now at least). So let the fun commence. What could WDI build in the remaining space. My Hope is that is the rumored Mickeys Toontown, there is space there to start, then they could take down the left side of Toontown fair (leave Barnstormer) and build a real Toontown, not a half price pretender.

Blackie Pueblo

First off, I have to agree, I too miss 20,000 Leagues. It was a pretty cool ride, and with the technology they have today, they could have improved it by so much, and made this a classic ride.

Second, I'm not happy either about the Pooh playground. I was all against it as well. Seems like the imagineers ran out of ideas but got tired of having the blue walls up so they said lets throw a playground there. It DOES kind of bother me that it's a Pooh's playground. Pooh already has a very decent ride.

Buuuut... there are a lot of points on both sides. It is a good place for kids to burn some energy while parents take a seat and relax. I don't have kids, so I wouldn't know, but I understand why this is perfect for parents. Plus it's great for waiting for your fast pass time.

It's here... let's complain if we want, but it is here. We can just hope it's a temporary attraction.

One last thing. Does anyone know if the Disney Corporation thought about turning the 20,000 Leagues area into some kind of adventure show area or something like that?

Blackie Pueblo

rainfully

I just wonder if the same amount of whining would be happening if the Pooh playground was built in a place other than the former 20K site.

I'm glad there's SOMETHING there rather then nothing.

SirGoofy

Ugh, Pooh did not "kill" 20K, TWDC killed it. PPS is much better than an empty lagoon or a bunch of construction walls. And stop complaining that something better could have been put in the space. PPS takes up such a miniscule part of the 20K area. They could still fit an attraction the size of HM in there(which is huge by the way), so why don't you hold your horses and wait for WDI to create a great attraction for the rest of the area.

Jenevra

SirGoofy said:
Ugh, Pooh did not "kill" 20K, TWDC killed it. PPS is much better than an empty lagoon or a bunch of construction walls. And stop complaining that something better could have been put in the space. PPS takes up such a miniscule part of the 20K area. They could still fit an attraction the size of HM in there(which is huge by the way), so why don't you hold your horses and wait for WDI to create a great attraction for the rest of the area.

That's true. The area is very small and could easily be removed if needed but I doubt you would need to do so as it takes up so little space.

People need to actually see this place before making a harsh opinion. I will see about posting a video of the area to help people get a scale of size.

Sorry this is blackride....I was on my wifes account by accident when I responded :)

kap91

If I am correct I do not believe a Nemo ride or any other different submarine ride could be put in even if the lagoon still was there. The reason for this is that they would have had to drain the lagoon like they have in california then do what ever they needed to and refill it. According to what I have heard is that if they drained the lagoon the tunnel (utilidor) would have collapsed. It had something to do with the way that it was built. The only way they managed to drain the lagoon and make it Poohs Playful Spot is by inventing a machine that could drain the lagoon and at the same time lay a special type of cement. So, it would have almost been impossible to reincarnate the subs into a new Twenty-first century submarine ride. Now this is just what I've heard, however I've heard the same story from several people and I am pretty sure it is correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom