Poohs Playful Spot

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
kap91 said:
If I am correct I do not believe a Nemo ride or any other different submarine ride could be put in even if the lagoon still was there. The reason for this is that they would have had to drain the lagoon like they have in california then do what ever they needed to and refill it. According to what I have heard is that if they drained the lagoon the tunnel (utilidor) would have collapsed. It had something to do with the way that it was built. The only way they managed to drain the lagoon and make it Poohs Playful Spot is by inventing a machine that could drain the lagoon and at the same time lay a special type of cement. So, it would have almost been impossible to reincarnate the subs into a new Twenty-first century submarine ride. Now this is just what I've heard, however I've heard the same story from several people and I am pretty sure it is correct.
That just doesn't sound right at all !!!

Blackie Pueblo said:
It's here... let's complain if we want, but it is here. We can just hope it's a temporary attraction.

Nothing at WDW is temporary!! (i.e.Mickey's Birthdayland=Mickey's Starland=Mickey's Toontown Fair.)

Just like nothing at WDW is permanent !! (i.e. take your pick)
Go Figure. :confused:

DisneyPhD

1st I have to agree with so many that stated that it is a much needed play spot for kids and while not everyone can enjoy it, it serves a prupose.

Before they opened Many adventures, there wasn't any winne the pooh attraction at WDW, but lots of marketing. I love Pooh and was very happy to see it open.

Now I have young kids and I am very pleased with this addtion. I think it is a great spot for it and a great idea. (not the best, I am not very excited, just pleased.)

There are things for everyone at WDW, this is one for the little kids, that you don't need to stand in line for, and can unwind at. A great idea. Great theming a real favorite for that age (and kids of all ages.)

Some people will whine about anything. Just because it isn't for you personally, doesn't mean it is a waste of space.

BTW, I don't miss 20,000. All I remember about it was it smelling really bad and long lines.

CoasterJunkie

kap91 said:
If I am correct I do not believe a Nemo ride or any other different submarine ride could be put in even if the lagoon still was there. The reason for this is that they would have had to drain the lagoon like they have in california then do what ever they needed to and refill it. According to what I have heard is that if they drained the lagoon the tunnel (utilidor) would have collapsed. It had something to do with the way that it was built. The only way they managed to drain the lagoon and make it Poohs Playful Spot is by inventing a machine that could drain the lagoon and at the same time lay a special type of cement. So, it would have almost been impossible to reincarnate the subs into a new Twenty-first century submarine ride. Now this is just what I've heard, however I've heard the same story from several people and I am pretty sure it is correct.

Um...The lagoon had been drained, before 20K went the way of the dodo. It had to be drained on a regular basis to repaint for rehabs because of the high chlorine content in the water. This is just like the rumor that if DL's lagoon were to be drained that the Rivers of America would dry up/there would be no water supply for the park/the Matterhorn would sink.

EDIT: pics of drained Lagoon in 1980 here: http://www.disneypix.com/MagicKingdom/Fantasyland/20KRehab/MagicKingdom-FL20K.htm
(Thanks, Disneypix!)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
CoasterJunkie said:
Um...The lagoon had been drained, before 20K went the way of the dodo. It had to be drained on a regular basis to repaint for rehabs because of the high chlorine content in the water. This is just like the rumor that if DL's lagoon were to be drained that the Rivers of America would dry up/there would be no water supply for the park/the Matterhorn would sink.

EDIT: pics of drained Lagoon in 1980 here: http://www.disneypix.com/MagicKingdom/Fantasyland/20KRehab/MagicKingdom-FL20K.htm
(Thanks, Disneypix!)

Thank you. I didn't think that the utildors would collapse just because the lagoon was drained !!. :lol:

BTW - cool pics (www.disneypix.com = cool site)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom