Pooh's Playful Spot. Any News?

lawyergirl77

Better yet, if she (or he!) is a gadget freak, buy some of the new clear duct tape and impress her (or him!) with a roll of that!! Plus, Speck, I think your eeevil plans would go much better with more subtle tape!

Topic? Is it wrong that if you can climb that tree, I soooo want to climb it? (and yes, even in my flipflops and flowing skirt that I plan to wear to Artist Point!! ;) )

speck76

lawyergirl77 said:
Better yet, if she (or he!) is a gadget freak, buy some of the new clear duct tape and impress her (or him!) with a roll of that!! Plus, Speck, I think your eeevil plans would go much better with more subtle tape!

Topic? Is it wrong that if you can climb that tree, I soooo want to climb it? (and yes, even in my flipflops and flowing skirt that I plan to wear to Artist Point!! ;) )

While I am all for subtle.....there is a certain something about the occasional outburst of blatantness

gboiler1

Original Poster
Austin1 said:
Threre are Pics. on this site if you do a Thread search. I don't know if I would call it an attraction or a distraction though. Just a stupid playground in my opinion. :hammer:

Yes, I've seen the picture posts of the tree w/the bee hive, but was hoping for some more info.
Didn't mean to stir up all the stuff from previous posts, just wanting to see if there was any more info or pics. Most of the posts are of the D and E type attractions, and understandably so, but as a father of a 6 year old, the playground is a great diversion when one parent wants to ride something the little ones aren't ready for.

Mr.lightbeer

i saw this bad boy on my recent trip and there were quite a few new trees up and it was begining to look like the hundred acre woods didnt take any pictures though. I'm not to interested myself i think they could have done something better then tht, but i dont work there so w/e.

lamarvenoy

I was there Saturday night and 1/2 of the strings of lights were on. The tree looks good and piglet is popping out. Looks to be pretty far along.

corrwill

Has anyone else seen the section blocked off in fantasyland near the Playful Spot, Dumbo and Pooh? It has some lamps sticking out of it and is covered. I am assuming it has something to do with the Playful Spot construction, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what this is for?

Thanks

lamarvenoy

I saw that spot, it like waist high maybe? 20 feet across in a circle? It smelled like industrial strength glue! I thought it might be a roung sitting area or maybe even a water fountain play area.

Bagheera

General Grizz said:
That would be Bagheera. ;)

Thanks for the info. I always look forward to the weekly updates.
Always a pleasure to provide them, Grizz. :)

Sorry to hear that you're stepping down from D-Troops. I hope that all is well with you. (I hope that you'll be able to stop by MouseFest to say "hi.")

Oh, and Disney just slipped a mention of it into the latest Dateline Disney release:

Pooh's Playful Spot at Magic Kingdom Offers Whimsical New Place for Children to Play

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Opening in September is a delightful new place where parents and children can play or relax together during a Walt Disney World vacation.

Called Pooh's Playful Spot, the whimsically themed area is located directly across from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh attraction in Fantasyland and will immerse guests of all ages in the beloved tales of the Hundred Acre Wood.

The beautifully landscaped oasis created by Walt Disney Imagineering offers numerous fun features for littler guests, including spurting fountains of water, crawl-through logs and honey pots, a slide, a treehouse for climbing and log-style benches for grown-ups -- all themed to the stories of Pooh, Tigger and friends.

MissM

I can tell you about a month ago when I was there, they were building the trees (photos in link). But it seems it's taking an extremely long time for something which many felt was only supposed to be a "temporary" area. (It's been about 16 months so far on this project.)
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom