Pooh's Play Place

SewIn2Disney

I'm sorry for being so ignorant on the subject. I haven't heard much about it lately. Can someone clear this up for me? The area is/has been worked on, but is it open yet? Or is it still surrounded by those green and purple fences? Is there any projected date on when it will be open to walk through? Thank you so much.

Pongo

StitchFan21 said:
I am sorry if this has already been posted. I checked with the search and could not find anything.

Does anyone have any pictures of the new Pooh playground?? Thanks in advance.

I took a picture of it yesterday because I hadn't seen many pictures anywhere. I'll post it on the site in a new thread with the rest of my little trip report. It may be later today though, because the pictures are on my friend's camera, and she has to load them onto the interweb.

SirGoofy

I personally think this could be a great start for the 20K site, if it is done right. If it is a uber-play area like HISTK with awsome theming it will be awsome. Also if they put some small(themed) carnival like rides in it ala Ariel's Grotto at TDS, it would make it even better. Remember, it will only take up a small amount of the site, so the rest can be used for...?

Here's to hoping for Mysterious Island... :D

WiCKMaN

SirGoofy said:
Remember, it will only take up a small amount of the site, so the rest can be used for...?
The Tokyo Disney Resort version of the Pooh ride? It'll blast away the current version of the Pooh ride for sure, and the old Pooh building can be used for other expansion.

The Tokyo Disney Resort version of Winnie the Pooh, makes use of an incredible ride system. Nice themed, trackless vehicles drive through a huge set, featuring most of the stuff in the other Pooh rides, but way more impressive.

What do you think? This would fit in the area, don't you think?

Lauriebar

WiCKMaN said:
The Tokyo Disney Resort version of the Pooh ride? It'll blast away the current version of the Pooh ride for sure, and the old Pooh building can be used for other expansion.

The Tokyo Disney Resort version of Winnie the Pooh, makes use of an incredible ride system. Nice themed, trackless vehicles drive through a huge set, featuring most of the stuff in the other Pooh rides, but way more impressive.

What do you think? This would fit in the area, don't you think?

I really doubt that this would happen since the Many Adventures of Pooh ride right across the way hasn't really been open that long at all. But something using that ride technology with a different them would be great!

DisneyPhD

Lauriebar said:
Well said. I know that this play area is not the greatest feat of imagineering, however, it will serve a purpose in Fantasyland which can be a horrible crowded mess sometimes. I realize that a kids play area is not very exciting but, children need unstructured play. Kids can and will play in this kind of place for hours so I feel that it will definately help with the sometimes overwhelming crowds and wait times in Fantasyland. Even if it only helps a little I will be grateful.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

As a parent of young kids and a life long Winne the Pooh fan I am really looking forward to it. Not every space of land in MK is going to be a big major atraction, I appreiacte the smaller spaces and it normally is where my kids have the most fun. For a very long time Disney would market Winnie the pooh, but had no atractions for it. I am really looking forward to it. I am one that just enjoys being at MK and the play grounds are great for that.

On the same note I would be thrilled if they put in a areil area like at Toyko Disney land, that place looks great!

BRER STITCH

Besides... (and you WILL forgive me in advance!)

Where else can you play with pooh in public and not be ridiculed??? :lol:

***RIM SHOT***

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion......

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Goofette

BRER STITCH said:
Besides... (and you WILL forgive me in advance!)

Where else can you play with pooh in public and not be ridiculed??? :lol:

***RIM SHOT***

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion......

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

:hammer: :lol: :lol:

Does anyone have any links of the ariel photos, the one you all were talking about where showed the area this was going to be put in, and the area that was left? I know this is dreaming, but I would love another ride similar to HM or PoTC in the area thats left if there was room. I'm not a thrill rider, so I hope they put something in that's not just wild and crazy. HM and PoTC are still my favorites....classics done right. :)

mraw

dxer07002 said:
Let's not jump on this Pooh Play Area again... As discussed before and duly noted, the area is going to take up such a small amout of the 20K space... Let's stop knocking this area.... Now, witht he remaining LARGE area, if something good isn't done, then yes, let's complain..

I know that the playground will take up only a small area, but if you'll notice, the construction wall continues to move farther and farther back, yet there is still no sign of the playground. If they are building this playgroud far back on the plot of land, I can't see them placing an E-Ticket in front of it. The last time I was there, the paved area was so big, it looked like a parking lot.

Also, all of the other departments are still interested in developing the land. There's a possibility that an attraction will never go there. You have Entertainment, Merchandise, Food and Beverage, and Attractions coming up with big ideas for that plot of land, and they are fighting for it. This playground is a ruse to buy time, and I think that the playground will sit there for many years to come without Disney even breaking ground on a new attraction.

Captain Chaos

mraw said:
I know that the playground will take up only a small area, but if you'll notice, the construction wall continues to move farther and farther back, yet there is still no sign of the playground. If they are building this playgroud far back on the plot of land, I can't see them placing an E-Ticket in front of it. The last time I was there, the paved area was so big, it looked like a parking lot.

Also, all of the other departments are still interested in developing the land. There's a possibility that an attraction will never go there. You have Entertainment, Merchandise, Food and Beverage, and Attractions coming up with big ideas for that plot of land, and they are fighting for it. This playground is a ruse to buy time, and I think that the playground will sit there for many years to come without Disney even breaking ground on a new attraction.

Maybe so. But come on.. People are complaining about nothing.... Nothing Disney will do will ever satisfy anyone on this board or any other site... No matter what they do, someone will always complain... And that is just sad... I love Disney as much as anyone else, but, geez... So what, a play area for kids if going up... You adults don't have enough? Let's stop being selfish here... The play area will let kids release their pent up whatever and give parents a chance to relax a bit making lines for other attraction a tad bit shorter.. The sad thing is, even if Disney adds an E-ticket attraction, someone here will complain it isnt what they wanted or Disney is screwing something up...

1stStarIC2nite

dxer07002 said:
Maybe so. But come on.. People are complaining about nothing.... Nothing Disney will do will ever satisfy anyone on this board or any other site... No matter what they do, someone will always complain... And that is just sad... I love Disney as much as anyone else, but, geez... So what, a play area for kids if going up... You adults don't have enough? Let's stop being selfish here... The play area will let kids release their pent up whatever and give parents a chance to relax a bit making lines for other attraction a tad bit shorter.. The sad thing is, even if Disney adds an E-ticket attraction, someone here will complain it isnt what they wanted or Disney is screwing something up...

Well said!! :D :sohappy: :wave:

mraw

dxer07002 said:

You should be used to that by now. Name one thing that Disney has ever done that everyone has been on one accord about. The one thing that bothers me more than people complaining on this site are the ones that are complaining about the people that complain.

Captain Chaos

Mraw, I feel bad for you.... I really do.... Sorry you live so much of your life around Disney's decisions... If that is your only worry in life, good for you...

mraw

dxer07002 said:
Mraw, I feel bad for you.... I really do.... Sorry you live so much of your life around Disney's decisions... If that is your only worry in life, good for you...

I've posted on this site 74 times in two years. Wow, my life really is all Disney. :rolleyes: I was basically stating what will probably become of the land. Did I say that the playground should not be there? no. I'm just letting people who are anticiapting an attraction soon that it probably won't happen within the next few years. Bottom Line.

Captain Chaos

And I agree with you... It probbaly won't happen for a few years. And all I was pointing out was no matter what Disney does, there will be someone on here complaining about it. I was just stating no one is ever happy with anything Disney does. I think people should just stop complaining so much. Stand up and try to do something about it if you don't like the decisions so much. But no matter what me, you or anyone else thinks, the Disney bigwigs will do what they feel is best. I apologize if I was harsh on my last thread to you. No hard feelings.

mraw

dxer07002 said:
And I agree with you... It probbaly won't happen for a few years. And all I was pointing out was no matter what Disney does, there will be someone on here complaining about it. I was just stating no one is ever happy with anything Disney does. I think people should just stop complaining so much. Stand up and try to do something about it if you don't like the decisions so much. But no matter what me, you or anyone else thinks, the Disney bigwigs will do what they feel is best. I apologize if I was harsh on my last thread to you. No hard feelings.

It's cool. I understand what you are saying. I didn't even think that your response was aimed at me, but I was quoted. I know that the playground will take up minimal space, so it never was a problem to me. As a matter of fact, I don't care if the playground stays there forever. I just know how Disney can discard plans at the drop of a hat. If they'd just planted flowers in the area and made it a garden as once thought, there would be more promise for an attraction coming sooner than later. The PlayPlace puts a staple there, and it buys them more time to procrastinate. I just wanted the posters not to expect a big announcement anytime soon.

Captain Chaos

You know, Mraw, I belong to several Disney sites, and the same thing happens there... Everyone complains about everything... Now, everyone is hyping themselves up for Everest, and I bet ya, as soon as someone on this board rides it, they will complain about something.... My feelings, if someone doesn't like it, then stay away. You know what I am saying?

mraw

dxer07002 said:
You know, Mraw, I belong to several Disney sites, and the same thing happens there... Everyone complains about everything... Now, everyone is hyping themselves up for Everest, and I bet ya, as soon as someone on this board rides it, they will complain about something.... My feelings, if someone doesn't like it, then stay away. You know what I am saying?

I didn't foresee that, but you are right. Someone probably will have something bad to say about Everest. But to each his/her own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom