Pongo's 15 Hour Disney Day Update: Let's Get It On!

glennsonoda

Pongo said:
He was holding a microchone that looked about the size of an earpiece for an iPod or other mp3 player, maybe a bit larger. He would be just to the left of the picture.

I forgot to say thanks for the update! I wish I could live that close to WDW... heck I wouldn't mind the CM being so close to Push either! At least I can live vicariously through people here now =)

dumboflyer

The 15-hour day is impressive, but next time you should try the 18-hour-super-WDW-marathon. Start at 8 with extra magic hour, and hit the adventurer's club/comedy warehouse from midnight-2am. You're a bit sleepy when you get to your bed, but it's worth it!

Pongo

Original Poster
dumboflyer said:
The 15-hour day is impressive, but next time you should try the 18-hour-super-WDW-marathon. Start at 8 with extra magic hour, and hit the adventurer's club/comedy warehouse from midnight-2am. You're a bit sleepy when you get to your bed, but it's worth it!

You sound like you've done this before.

If so, you win.

I am going to Disney tomorrow thru June 30th... We're staying on Disney property, so we're gonna do the EMH thing... Is it gonna be crowded for that?

Pongo

Original Poster
Pixiedust1393 said:
I am going to Disney tomorrow thru June 30th... We're staying on Disney property, so we're gonna do the EMH thing... Is it gonna be crowded for that?

I've never done EMH, as I rarely ever stay in resort hotels. I would say that it depends on if you do the morning or evening EMH. I would also say that it will be at least a little bit less crowded than during peak afternoon hours.

On to MGM:
- We took the Friendship VIII from the International Gateway to MGM.

Pongo,
Do you have to be a resort guest to take this boat? or can anyone take it? Where exactly in World Showcase is it located?

Thanks! :wave:

Pongo

Original Poster
AbsolutDiznee said:
On to MGM:
- We took the Friendship VIII from the International Gateway to MGM.

Pongo,
Do you have to be a resort guest to take this boat? or can anyone take it? Where exactly in World Showcase is it located?

Thanks! :wave:

The Friendship boats are the boats that run in World Showcase Lagoon and take guests to the Epcot area resorts (they make stops at the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Clubs, and the Swan and Dolphin, as well as MGM). You don't have to be a resort guest. At least I wasn't when I rode on it.

Word of warning: They move kind of slow...

askmike1

AbsolutDiznee said:
Where exactly in World Showcase is it located?
The resort Friendship boat is located in the international gateway, which is right between UK and France (outside the park).
The Epcot Friendship boats are located around WS lagoon.

-Michael

DisneyMarg

OK. Call me slow, but I had no idea you could take a boat from Epcot to MGM. Where does it land at MGM? And I'm assuming it goes the other way as well?

CaptainMichael

DisneyMarg said:
OK. Call me slow, but I had no idea you could take a boat from Epcot to MGM. Where does it land at MGM? And I'm assuming it goes the other way as well?

As you leave the Disney-MGM Studios, the Friendship boat dock is to the left. You can't miss the humungus lake right there. The boats go both ways. It isn't an effecient way to get to Epcot, but it is a nice ride that everyone should experience. I tried it for the first time a month ago. You get to see the Epcot resorts and the Boardwalk which I've never really seen.

There's more snow on Everest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do have one question...Why is it taking them so long to close up the top of the mountain?????????????????????????

Pongo

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
There's more snow on Everest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do have one question...Why is it taking them so long to close up the top of the mountain?????????????????????????

Because they want us all to die of anticipation.

:dazzle: = dead face.

askmike1

DisneyMarg said:
After Epcot it stops at Swan and Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Yacht & Beach (although not in that order) and then heads to the Studios. It drops you off right next to the entrance (as you are exiting the park, you'd go all the way to the left). In all truth, if the boat just arrived as you got there, it would probably be faster just to walk to the Studios. Just follow the pathway from International Gateway and head to the boardwalk side. Follow the boardwalk and before you get to the bridge (to the Swan and Dolphin) just make a left and follow the path along the water.

-Michael

theRIOT

Nice pictures.
I kind of know what to expect for my trip next weekend(darn holidays at Disney.)
I plan on doing my first photo posting since joining the site, and leaving my postion as a CM at the MK. =(
It will be nice to get back to the parks.

The Friendship bat Captain is a kewl guy. Used to talk to him when ever i saw him. And yes, the ducks will do whatever he says, i've seen it.

irv out.

Only 7 days 'till I'm back in the WORLD!

tk421-sw

Nice update! Yeah, It was crowded last weekend too! It's crazy goign to Disney durring the summer now for corinne and I. We got use to the January - march crowds. MUCH smaller! But whatever, my birthday only comes once a year! Back to Disney! Corinne and I are going up for my birthday soon. We are staying at All Star Movies and will be there...umm , July 1, and 2. See ya real soon. Thanks for the update!

tk421-sw

STR8FAN2005 said:
Hey Ryland! Where'd you get those Gold Mouse Ears?????? :lookaroun ................j/j :hammer:

Oh your funny! Funny! Im sure we will get that again on our next trip. Maybe we will have a post just of that!

CaptainMichael

tk421-sw said:
Oh your funny! Funny! Im sure we will get that again on our next trip. Maybe we will have a post just of that!

I try hard! The day after Gradnite when I was in Epcot, I was wearing my Gradnite Ears. I must have gotten asked where I got them about a million times. The worst question was,"What are those for?"

dxwwf3

tk421-sw said:
Im sure we will get that again on our next trip. Maybe we will have a post just of that!

If I see you guys in the parks when I'm down there, I'll be sure to ask :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom