Poncho's, Poncho's everywhere..and let's not forget the itchy feet too! An August TR

Ponchos, Ponchos everywhere Updated 11/16

Welcome Welcome to my August 2011 trip Report... be warned.. U will get wet..you may even get soaked.. so grab your poncho and join us! ( read the Pre-Trip report here)

Trip dates: August 18-29 2011. Room only on August 18th, Free dining from 8/19-8/29

Resort~ Pop Century..my first time at a Value.. 2 rooms

Who? Well lets see we have:

ME: Alison..I turned 36 while in Disney. I have been a Disney fan my whole life. I could live in Disney. I made 2 Disney trips in 19 months in 1999 and 2000 then I shelved my Disney World dreams when I met my now husband and we had 3 kids in 3 years.Fast forward 10+ years and we were finally ready and able to take the plunge and take the 4 kids! I homeschool 3 of the 4 kids ( the oldest is graduated) plus I work a day job doing office type work for the family business and I bartend 2-4 nights a week at my best friends nightclub.

Eric: 39.. a now reformed Disney Skeptic. He was not thrilled with this trip in the planning and paying stage.. and even up til the we arrived stage. He only had 6 Flags to picture in his head what Disney might be like. Well let's just say if I had a nickel for each time he said "this place is awesome"( which was almost the trip report title BTW)..well I could buy us all AP's and go back again this year!

Noah: Turned 17 on this trip. Has been to WDW twice before..once at 4.5 and once at almost 6.5 ( for Christmas no less).. he was above all the most excited for this trip aside from myself.. he knew what to expect and he was giddy like a 6 year old school girl any time you mentioned the trip. Noah is currently a "sandwich artist" at Subway while he decide's what's next in his life! warning prone to extreme teenage mood swings!

Kate: 16.. Noah's girlfriend. nice girl.. but let's just say no girlfriends/boyfriends will ever be invited again!

Declan: 9.5 going on 90.. we always say he's an Old man trapped in a kids body. He was the kiddo I was most worried about at Disney as he has a tendency to suck the fun out of things. Declan tends to overthink, over worry and over control things. He's a fab kid, smarter than any 9.5 year old should be and is a great athlete. He was super excited to go to Disney but due to his issues with the unknown he had a giant knot in his tummy too!

Jadziah: 7 almost 8.. she is by far my most even tempered kiddo. She was giddy and unworried about the trip. She required a disney shirt for each day we were there and yes..she got them..lol hey it pays to be the only girl outta 4 kids right? ( oh JahD Zee Uh like in Star Trek Deep Space nine.. yes I named my daughter after a character in a TV show..I'm a star trek nut and proud of it)

Taejan: 5 almost 6 ( as in he turns 6 a mere 3 days after we left Disney). There are few words to accurately describe Taejan ( Tay-Gin we made this one up). He has the best personality, is beyond outgoing.. vocal and full of love and life.. he's also a putz.. a VERY small but BIg putz.. no is just a word he laughs at.. he made the trip very stressful at times..but oh well..such is life. he also was the catalyst for many of the great "awwwww moments" on this trip as well!

Elaine AKA Gigi: My mother.. she has also been to WDW 2 other times ( with Noah and I). She was a great help with the 3 younger kiddo's and she fully enjoyed her time at Disney with us. She did NOT like the heat ( but then again which one of us did???)

So there's the cast of this mighty adventure.. coming up.. the "pre disney" part of the trip!

Alison1975

Original Poster
This was one of the most entertaining TRs I have read. Your kids are adorable and Noah is too good for Little Miss Insecure. Just sayin...

Why thank you! I think they are all rather cute...at least most of the time..lol.. and yes he is.. I am so glad they are no more!

mrtyoung

I have read your trip report over the past two days. It was brilliant. My wife kept asking what was so funny on the computer. I'm looking forward to reading about your next visit.
Tony

bucklepants

Loved your TR. Your family is cute and fun! Our next visit isn't until 8/13 (a little over a year to go), so I am reading all the TR's I can to get me through til the next trip (our last one was in 9/10).

Alison1975

Original Poster
Loved your TR. Your family is cute and fun! Our next visit isn't until 8/13 (a little over a year to go), so I am reading all the TR's I can to get me through til the next trip (our last one was in 9/10).

thank you!! I did the same for the 11 years between visits..LOL

Britt

LOL.. yes my bff's oldest is drop dead gorgeous ( and has legs that don't stop.. she dances at our dance studio). She would like nothing more than to date Noah. he has never been interested in her ( CRAZY)...

So glad your along for the ride!!
YES!! I agree with the other poster. I wondered if Kate might be jealous. The other girl is GORGEOUS! And she looks so happy and like she's having a blast the whole time.

Are Noah and Kate still together?

Alison1975

Original Poster
YES!! I agree with the other poster. I wondered if Kate might be jealous. The other girl is GORGEOUS! And she looks so happy and like she's having a blast the whole time.

Are Noah and Kate still together?

Probably..and nope they are not.. Noah and Epiphani are though..have been since Jan .. they are bonded for life at this point..

journ116

I don't know "where" I was while this TR was being written, but I'm glad I found it this evening!! Got thru it all and was thoroughly amused in the story telling and details!! I chuckled at the documented melt-downs (which are always inevitable), and the comment you made of "wanting";) to push your child in the fountain (I've had many of those days, today being one of them)...it's a parent thing apparently!

Out of curiosity, and if you don't want to answer, you well, don't...what kind of van do you have? My DH and I have been searching for one for years: Odyssey, Sienna or Town & Country? I have even gone so far as to stop people walking to or from their car in the Walmart parking lot to ask, "How do you like it? Any problems?"

Thanks again for the TR and look forward to your upcoming trip (fingers and toes crossed for you!!)!!!:D

Alison1975

Original Poster
hee hee..welcome! We actually have a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew. Love this van..SOO much storage ( stow n go) and its excellent on gas! We had 2 Kia's before this I loved..but the Dodge is just amazing :)..ours is fully loaded too.

Dizdutch

All I can say is.......Wow! What a great trip report! Funny, magical and detailed. The puffle pin idea with the cast member was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom