Ponchos at the World

westie

I would also like to point out another reason for ponchos on a tropical rainy day.

Wife- Why is everyone starring at me?
Me-(turns arround) Holy Smokes!
Wife- ????
Me- Look at yourself in the window!
Wife- Grabs headlights and ducks into nearest doorway...
I'm suprised the disney police didn't arrest her!:ROFLOL:

I_heart_Tigger

Last visit I brought my own poncho because I was pleased that it came in an easy to pack pouch, small enough to fit in my purse...

EASY TO PACK!!!??? I folded, crumpled, jammed, crammed and punched that thing back into that pouch and still half of it was hanging out. :brick::brick::brick:

I'm bringing another one this year and just stuffing it haphazardly into a ziploc freezer bag

gspin2k1

I noticed in someone's trip report rain ponchos that had Mickey Mouse on the back of them. Do all of the ponchos at the world have these imprinted on them? Are these ponchos hard to get while in the world or does Disney keep a good stock since they are use to the rain spurts during the day? I have already stocked up with "plain" ponchos but was curious as to what is on site while there. They might make a nice little keep sake.

It's the Disney one. They do not run out of Ponchos or Umbrellas. If one register is out one within 10 feet of you will have them. They were everywhere. They seemed to be of good quality but i stuck with my cheap plastic ones to make it easier to find my party and they were disposable. You can't go wrong either way.

~G

GatorGambit

The "Disney Parks" clear ponchos and black foldable umbrellas are the rain gear sold at WDW today.

Counter Service restaurants as well as all retail locations carry ponchos.

The foldable "Disney Parks" umbrellas they are selling these days are constructed very poorly, however. I can't tell you how many ripped up umbrellas I saw while at the parks last week.

yankspy

The ponchos at WDW used to be yellow with a picture of Mickey on the back.
You could not see through them.
So, as soon as it started raining there was a sea of yellow ponchos and, since they all looked alike, people started losing track of each other and their kids.

:)
I still have a small collection of those. I just took a quick inventory and I have 11 ponchos.:eek: I always forget to pack them and I wind up buying more. I think I am just going to leave them in my suitcase this time.

PBarton

The "Disney Parks" clear ponchos and black foldable umbrellas are the rain gear sold at WDW today.

Counter Service restaurants as well as all retail locations carry ponchos.quote]LOL Yeah, we even saw them being sold in Starlight Ray's! We didn't seem to take our ponchos off at all for the last 3 days of our trip (got back last Friday).

We went on the Carousel of Progress to get out of the rain and took shelter outside the exit for about 30 minutes as we were sort of stuck with nowhere to go... We couldn't believe that people were still riding the Astro Orbiters (spelling?) during the rain storms!

:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom