Polynisian? (spell check sorry)

trav1921

Im headed out there again probly in sep. or oct. and thinking at staying at the polynisian. I figured i'd ask the most experienced WDW'ers, if that makes since, what their thoughts were on this resort. Or what your favorite resort to stay at is.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I love the Poly theme but have never stayed. I am thinking our next trip (after this one in June) will be there. Being on the Monorail is great!! As for favorites - I love the Yacht Club - walk to Epcot is great and the theme is lovely. Wilderness Lodge is also great! What I don't like is the transportation. A lof of buses!! :ROFLOL: And of course - the GF is my personal favorite!!

Upvote 0

trav1921

Original Poster
Thats was the other resort i was thinking of staying at, comtemporary was in there as well but didnt want to stay where theres aton of construction going on, usually disney does great with hiding the fact they are working on somthing, but with the towers i wasnt for sure so i figured leave that one for a later date.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We were there for Chef Mickey in Nov when the construction was going on - with the exception of seeing the construction - we didn't hear anything. Just saw. But I would feel the same way - not wanting to stay there when all the construction was going on. Personally, I am not a fan of the decor so I have never wanted to stay at the Contemp.

Upvote 0

HopLow

The Polynesian is my favorite resort of all time! When I walk through the doors into the Great Ceremonial House, I feel like I'm coming home. There are great views of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the MK, so if you don't feel like trekking over to the MK for Wishes, you can still see them from the beach or your room. Ohana and Kona Cafe are great places to eat as well.

But the best part is getting on the monorail and hearing "Aloha and welcome aboard." Aaahh! Love it! :D

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

:wave:
Absolutely the Poly!!! The setting, theming, and convenience makes it my favorite and IMO the best Disney Resort. For our next trip, were staying at All Star Sports to save money and it breaks heart a little to not stay at the Polynesian.

Upvote 0

coltow

We loved Poly. We would go back if we could afford it. The whole resort is beautiful. The rooms are spacious and the food choices are good. We loved the monorail. We have small children so spend most of our time at MK. Being able to jump on the monorail and go to/from in minutes was absolutely priceless.

That being said there are down sided. The most major hassle we had were the buses. They were horrible. They came very few and far between and everytime shared with Contemporary. We never waited any fewer than 30 mns for buses and the worst was coming back from DTD at 10pm with 2 over tired kids and having to wait 45 mns for a bus, when EVERY other resort had multiple buses come.

The other issue we had was that the EPCOT monorail broke at closing. They had to then bus everyone to TTC. It was a mad house. But what else could they do. We just girnned and bared it.

Even with the transportation issues we'd still go back in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0
IMO, it's the best resort at WDW. My family and I love to stay there and do so whenever we get the chance. The rooms are spacious, the gardens are beautiful, it has a fantastic pool and great restaurants. Have a great time! I'm a little jealous...:wave:

Upvote 0

flydisco

You will have an absolute blast at the Poly. It has been over 15 years since I have stayed there but thanks to the Military discount we are going to be staying for a week in December.
I do not know what it is about the resort but when I walk through the doors it always makes me smile. I love the smell and the feel of the tropics. Just thinking about it makes me so excited about December.
Poly is by far the best.

Upvote 0

fmingo36

Any thread asking about Poly needs a pointer to Tikiman's page! :D

Everything you ever wanted to know...
Just got back from my 1st stay at the Poly and it won't be my last. I absolutely loved it there. Great location, nice rooms, fireworks on the beach, my favorite restaurant-Ohauna's and so much more!!

Tikiman's website is fantastic. It really was great for my planning.

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

I loved the Poly since my first visit in the late 1980s. We were there last December and it was wonderful, however, our last visit in February was far from magical. I guess every resort will have its issues from time to time.

Upvote 0

adambrady

We have stayed there 3 times now and each time we consider staying elsewhere just to get a taste of something different, we can't. Simply put, this is our home away from home when we go. There is something about it that takes all the worries away. Kona Grill, fantastic, the pools, fantastic, the beach, awesome, access to the Monorail and TTC, unparalleled. I have been trying for weeks to figure out when to go back and suprise the family with a trip they don't know we may be taking.

Upvote 0

CartersMom

I don't think you could ever go wrong staying at the Poly!! It is so beautiful, with such a relaxing atmosphere....In the many years that we have been vacationing in WDW, there have only been a few times when we haven't stayed there - in fact, we've found that its very hard for us to stay elsewhere anymore. Enjoy your trip!!!!

Upvote 0

MickeyFan77

This topic came up at the perfect time. My hubby just told me that we are going to go "home" in the fall of 2010 so I need to start thinking now LOL!! My goal is to stay at the Poly and was wondering if it would be worth it from the sounds of it yes. Guess I better start saving more $$$$.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom