Polynesian vs. Beach Club

disneygirl1322

Hi! I read these boards a lot, but this is my first time posting! :)

My family is trying to choose between the Polynesian and the Beach Club for our trip to Disney as a present for my graduation. We have weighed the pros and cons of each, but can't seem to choose! We like the simplicity of the monorail at the Polynesian, but walking to Epcot and DHS is cool too. My sisters and I are 17, 20, and 22, but we always go to the Magic Kingdom as well as EPCOT (Disney kids forever! :sohappy:)

We have stayed at the Polynesian a few times, and we love it! Trying the Beach Club would be a great new experience (as we have been there for meals and love the atmosphere)! As we will only be spending a few days (4 nights probably) at one of these (we are spending a week off property beforehand), we want to make the best of it!

There are some concerns with the Beach Club that I was wondering if anyone could help us with. My mom likes being able to stop in the resort for a quick breakfast (a la Captain Cook's at the Polynesian) before heading to the parks. We can't find anywhere to do this- is there an option either at the Yacht/Beach Clubs (other than Cape May Cafe) or nearby on the Boardwalk?

If anyone has any other tips or opinions it would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and sorry- I found a similar thread, but I was hoping for some updated and more specific info! Thank you!

Yanks07

Welcome aboard! We love Beach Club, haven't stayed @ Poly though. As far as morning eats, Beach Club Marketplace has grab and go egg sammies, yougurt and fruit while over @ Yacht Club Captains Grill has a good sit down breakfast and of course Cape May Cafe has a great Characther breakfast buffet. Not to far away also is The Boardwalk Bakery, I usually walk there every morning when staying @ Beach Club. Have fun deciding!

Upvote 0

CrescentLake

My vote would be Beach Club. Not that I've ever stayed at Poly, but hear me out.

1)The ambiance of Crescent Lake is something that you MUST experience at least once on a trip to Disney. The Boardwalk is right there; nothing is more relaxing than a walk around the lake after a long day at the parks.

2)You have direct, quick access to 3 parks: Epcot (walking or boat), Hollywood Studios (walk or boat) and MK (monorail). It's really a no brainer for us, as we limit the amount of time being on a bus.

I'm a little blinded by nostalgia, but there was something about waking up in the morning, grabbing a quick breakfast sandwich and heading over to DHS or Epcot.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

There are some concerns with the Beach Club that I was wondering if anyone could help us with. My mom likes being able to stop in the resort for a quick breakfast (a la Captain Cook's at the Polynesian) before heading to the parks. We can't find anywhere to do this- is there an option either at the Yacht/Beach Clubs (other than Cape May Cafe) or nearby on the Boardwalk?

The Boardwalk Bakery has some yummy breakfast options - not eggs and such but muffins, etc.

I don't think you can go wrong with either - they have a totally different vibe but are both quite convenient in different ways. Happy picking!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1322

Original Poster
Thanks so much! After being really torn between the two, we've decided to head back to the Polynesian! Since we won't be staying long and will be spending our time mostly in MK and Epcot, we think having the monorail will just make the trip a little easier. I definitely want to go to the Beach Club on a future trip when we have more time to experience the whole resort! :)

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I think he means that you can walk through Epcot to the monorail from BC.

I figured as much - but wouldn't it take 30-45 minutes just to get to the monorail - then ride it to TTC, either switch monorails or take the ferry - wouldn't it be easier just to take the bus?

Upvote 0

tikiman

I figured as much - but wouldn't it take 30-45 minutes just to get to the monorail - then ride it to TTC, either switch monorails or take the ferry - wouldn't it be easier just to take the bus?

I believe your right since the BC is last in line of the Epcot resorts I would say that it would not take long to get from BC to the MK by bus. Coming back would be a different story.

The walk through Epcot only takes about 15 minutes on average and then an 8 minute ride to the TTC but then you must wait for and board either the large ferry or the monorail to the MK so I would guess even with the slowest of busses it would be quicker than walking to the monorail. The walk through Epcot would be more interesting than waiting for a bus and riding the monorail can be fun so if you are not in a hurry the monorail might be the more entertaining way to go.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I had to make a very similar decision recently. Hubby pushed for Poly to be on the monorail. I wanted to try staying at an Epcot resort. Transportation seems to be the biggest con but it doesn't apply to us because we'll have our car with us. Depending on how the $$ goes, we may still work Poly into the plan yet! :wave:

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I believe your right since the BC is last in line of the Epcot resorts I would say that it would not take long to get from BC to the MK by bus. Coming back would be a different story.

The walk through Epcot only takes about 15 minutes on average and then an 8 minute ride to the TTC but then you must wait for and board either the large ferry or the monorail to the MK so I would guess even with the slowest of busses it would be quicker than walking to the monorail. The walk through Epcot would be more interesting than waiting for a bus and riding the monorail can be fun so if you are not in a hurry the monorail might be the more entertaining way to go.

You'd also (obviously) need a park hopper - if it were me I'd get distracted by the rides in future world and never make it to MK :lol:

Upvote 0

CrescentLake

I think he means that you can walk through Epcot to the monorail from BC.

Exactly what I meant, thank you.

Meh, I can tell you that the various times I've taken the Monorail to the MK, it has beaten a bus full of my family members. It depends really, but you get to avoid a bus!

Never stayed at the Poly. Would love to some day...

Upvote 0

tikiman

Exactly what I meant, thank you.

Meh, I can tell you that the various times I've taken the Monorail to the MK, it has beaten a bus full of my family members. It depends really, but you get to avoid a bus!

Never stayed at the Poly. Would love to some day...

Good to know.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom