Polynesian Village name is coming back

John

Notice the UNIQUE merchandise, People actually want to buy this rather than insipid One Disney c---

Exactly.......which makes me wonder if this isn't the real motivation in the name change. Is there hope there will be some unique Poly Village merch coming soon? I guess I am giving them way to much credit.......

tikiman

Original Poster
Actually they will all be trained to say " welcome to Walt Disney World's Polynesian Village Resort and Villas". We will start refering to it on here as WDWPVRV for short. I will just call it Polyville.

By the way, this was a joke. I don't really know what they are going to have the CMs call the Polynesian once DVC opens.

Bocabear

Exactly.......which makes me wonder if this isn't the real motivation in the name change. Is there hope there will be some unique Poly Village merch coming soon? I guess I am giving them way to much credit.......
I understand that fact that if you make a million of an item the price goes down, but it seems like we just saw how people really do go crazy for specific merchandise like they did for Carsland and Buena Vista Street. I know it is less efficient to have stores selling different merchandise, but they sure lost alot by making it all the same... Such a shame. This would be a good thread by itself... Enough of the generic merchandise already.

DougK

By the way, this was a joke. I don't really know what they are going to have the CMs call the Polynesian once DVC opens.

Well one thing you can bet on is unlike in the past when it was the Polynesian Village, it will now be Disney's Polynesian Village. This is so we don't forget who owns it!

tikiman

Original Poster
Well one thing you can bet on is unlike in the past when it was the Polynesian Village, it will now be Disney's Polynesian Village. This is so we don't forget who owns it!

I will change that also when I win the lottery and purchase it from Disney.

worldfanatic

I like this name change.
Having just returned from Disney's Aulani Resort on Oahu, the "Poly" really does feel like a little "village" compared to that amazingly huge (and awesome) resort that's actually in Polynesia.
The Polynesian Village name fits perfectly for a very special & historic location in Disney World.

tikiman

Original Poster
I like this name change.
Having just returned from Disney's Aulani Resort on Oahu, the "Poly" really does feel like a little "village" compared to that amazingly huge (and awesome) resort that's actually in Polynesia.
The Polynesian Village name fits perfectly for a very special & historic location in Disney World.

I like a lot of things they did at Aulani but making the Polynesian look like another Aulani was not really appropriate since the Polynesian was intended to represent more of the South Seas and not really Hawaii. They will be adding an Aulani inspired wet play area but the rest of the remodel will be more representative of true Disney Adventureland. Also the Neverland will be re-themed to be a Hawaiian (Lilo and Stitch) theme. I’m guessing the name will change after that also but I don’t know yet what it will change to.

aladdin2007

I like a lot of things they did at Aulani but making the Polynesian look like another Aulani was not really appropriate since the Polynesian was intended to represent more of the South Seas and not really Hawaii. They will be adding an Aulani inspired wet play area but the rest of the remodel will be more representative of true Disney Adventureland. Also the Neverland will be re-themed to be a Hawaiian (Lilo and Stitch) theme. I’m guessing the name will change after that also but I don’t know yet what it will change to.

Im happy with the sound of that bolded line. :)

tikiman

Original Poster
please I say, bring back the old pricing too! I really wanted to stay in the Polynesian Village!

I would but no chance of that from Disney. At the rate of increase, by the time DVC opens I don't see rooms being under $500 a night for standard during Value Season.

ABQ

@tikiman I scoured you personal webpage, but didn't see this, forgive me if it's been posted elsewhere. Is there a map, whether set in stone (unlikely) or rumoured of the footprint post DVC construction of the Poly Village?

tikiman

Original Poster
@tikiman I scoured you personal webpage, but didn't see this, forgive me if it's been posted elsewhere. Is there a map, whether set in stone (unlikely) or rumoured of the footprint post DVC construction of the Poly Village?

The only construction for the DVC will be the 20 bungalows in the water. The rest of DVC will be built into Tahiti and Rapa Nui longhouses. No additional construction is planned other than work to the interior of the Great Ceremonial House, pool deck area and some additional paths around the resort. Mot of the details on my site are in the news section. Here are where the bungalows will go.
polybungalows2.jpg
polybungalows1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom