Polynesian Resort.....The final nail in the coffin ?

Mark48

Original Poster
This " Rumor " Is from my close friend who is employed as a DVC sales Castmember. The scuttlebutt is
that the Poly Luau is permanent history and the area that Luau cove sits in and the surrounding area
is to be the site of a new DVC tower. Can't say this, if confirmed , would be good news. Not to mention
the fact that it would overwhelm the property. Hoping he is wrong. Any thoughts ???

Splashin' Ryan

I really wish they could've reworked the menu because the show itself was great and shows at resorts are so rare but the food just never won over people.
I would much rather see the area turned into a space for all paying resorts guests could use, just a simple sitting area or something.

A tower on or near the beach would be abysmal. Nothing else in the entire poly resort would likely be its height and even more beach space would be taken up by this tower. I wouldn't mind at all if it matched the other poly building in shape and height, in fact I think that would look pretty nice but anything taller than 3 or 4 stories will look like an eyesore.

nicb88

While certainly not impossible, would a tower not really destroy the separation between the Poly and GF? It's already much closer now due to VGF, so it'd be difficult to have them as separate resorts any longer. If anything really has to be built there, another low level longhouse or two would be the best choice, in my opinion.

Mark48

Original Poster
While certainly not impossible, would a tower not really destroy the separation between the Poly and GF? It's already much closer now due to VGF, so it'd be difficult to have them as separate resorts any longer. If anything really has to be built there, another low level longhouse or two would be the best choice, in my opinion.
That would be much better

castlecake2.0

5DA83551-953B-40B9-B1F7-613B0F1F1E34.jpeg
5DA83551-953B-40B9-B1F7-613B0F1F1E34.jpeg

I feel like this area would give them more room to work with, replacing the cast member break area and one of the long houses with a tower

ToTBellHop

It is indeed true that they don’t think enough DVC rooms exist at the resort. They gave us our noodles and POG juice back, so the fans are completely satisfied now.

I’m not expecting anything as big as BLT, however. Until they add on to Contemporary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom