poly luau show

hinodis

Has anyone been to the polynesian luau dinner show?? We have a reservation for the 8:00p.pm show in october. I have read some mixed reviews.

ONLY 27 MORE DAYS :D :D :D :D

Erika

I thought it was fun.

I have never been to 'Ohana so I can't comment on the difference in food quality. I liked what we ate, and since we were on our honeymoon, we got to go up with several other couples for the wedding dance. If you've been to a real luau before, you may not be impressed. But for us, it was worth doing once.

Attachments

• wdwpolywoman.jpg
    wdwpolywoman.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I would rather save the 30 dollars per person and go to Ohana. The food is very similiar and the theme the same. The only difference is the show. Unless you really are in to seeing a Luau go to Ohana and spend the money on something more fun.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
My husband and I did this for our anniversary a few year ago and the show was GREAT!

We really did not care for the food though.

You are a girl??? I always thought you were a guy! Sorry about that! :)

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I would rather save the 30 dollars per person and go to Ohana. The food is very similiar and the theme the same. The only difference is the show. Unless you really are in to seeing a Luau go to Ohana and spend the money on something more fun.

Doesn´t it cost more? I thought so...
I agree with you... I had a lot of fun at the Luau -specially cause I got picked to be on stage- but I thought it was not worth all the money it cost. Specially because of the food. If you don´t care too much about that, then it´s fine, but if you care more for the food, definitely, you can´t miss Ohana´s. :slurp: That´s my favorite place! :)

Upvote 0
My husband and I did not personally care for the show, or the food. It's a great history lesson...but we thought it tended to be somewhat repetitive. We would rather spend the money and the time somewhere else.
The dancers did do a wonderful job of showing the dances of all the different islands. If you like that...you should go.

Upvote 0

fanofwdw

Just visited Luau...

Just got back from staying at the Polynesian 8 glorious days...having severe WDW withdrawal...

Anyway, went to both Ohana and the Luau.

My assessment...

1. Ohana: VERY disappointed...especially since everyone raves about it. The meat they cook is extremely salty, and I didn't like it...and my tastes aren't particularly picky. It started out with appetizers, including salad with Hawaiian dressing (OK), grilled veggies (blah), shrimp wanton (OK, best of appetizers), fried rice (thumbs down). Then you get bread and choice of turkey, pork, steak or shrimp...again all salty. Now they give you three choices of sauce, including barbeque, something I can't remember, and a Hawaiian banana/mango (my favorite of the sauces). Pinapple with caramel sauce for dessert--OK/good. Overall--very disappointing. My 8-yr. old enjoyed the hula hoop thing, but was this really worth $80 for three people? NO! Will never do Ohana again.

2. Luau: food equally poor (and again, I'm not picky). Salad, Hawaiian bread, pinapple--appetizers. Rotisserie-style chicken, ribs...both not good. Dessert--chocolate cake--passable. So, overall, food not good.

BUT...we really liked the show. My daughter got to go up and learn the hula dance...got home video (cool stuff). The dances are neat (go in the evening when it's dark). They do a lot of them, and I thought they were different enough to keep things interesting (for my daughter and wife, too.) This included a sword/spear dance and the fire dance (which was major cool)...even if the guy has a HUGE ego. He knows he has an irreplacable talent (we found this out in a conversation with a Polynesian staff person...he never apologizes and likes being referred to as "the God of fire.") We started to laugh (my wife and I) at the number of times he put his hand to his ear (to hear applause.) In all fairness, though, he does and EXCELLENT job. Bottom line...would not do it again...but very glad we did it once. I would recommend it, and I would recommend the 8:00 p.m. show (when it's dark.)

Upvote 0

fanofwdw

One last thought...

I booked the Luau about 3-4 weeks in advance and had a really good table in the middle section (about 4 tables back)...just did it Sept. 12.

Attendance is low, so given you are going in a month, you should have good seats. They seat you based on when you make the reservation (the earlier the better).

So, go and enjoy the show!

Upvote 0

rjmagic16

My wife and I also did the show when we were on our Honeymoon. It was a great show and they picked us to dance on stage. It is really fun and the food was good. so go for it and have fun:D

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Oh My gosh!

My husband and I had to go onstage and dance for our anniversary also. Oh how humiliating!

My husband cannot slow dance to save his life, the poor man....

Pam

Upvote 0

Grandmarich

Poly Luau Show....

:lol: We Took our Granddaughter last year to the Show and thought it was one of the best we've seen since our Tour of Duty in Hawaii. The show was great. Food was good, while there weren't a lot of youngsters in the audience the cast did pull them up and everyone felt involved. She's requested it for her B'day this year...

Enjoy

Upvote 0

hinodis

Original Poster
I'm glad to hear some people have enjoyed the show. With this being our first time at Disney we will be so happy to be there that I don't think we will even notice how bad the food is. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Figment1986

Add to the list on things to bug mother to do when we go to WDW in DEC or NOV. (Not sure yet, I really want to go in DEC. stay at AS lodge and have the savanna rooms, with the nice view of all the nice animals.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom