poly hot tub?

DisneyPhD

I am so excited we just booked a week from December 13 to 20 at the polynesian for 189 a night. While looking through all my info on Disney resorts, it apears that dispite the new pool, there is not a hot tub on the grounds. I know many of the people on this web site swear by poly as one the best resorts. Is this true? What have others done to make up with this (or just deal with it?) and can anyone tell me how cool the new pool is? This is our 6th trip to WDW, but our frist as parents and I hope it is good resort to have a 8 month old at. :slurp:

Lance

The hot tub is actually in the pool. Their is a stream that flows in the pool, and at the end of the stream there is a small half-oval jacuzzi. But it isn't by itself, it's actually in the pool. The pool and the jacuzzi are one.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyPhD
[BThis is our 6th trip to WDW, but our frist as parents and I hope it is good resort to have a 8 month old at. :slurp: [/B]

But not in the hot tub.....please!!!!

Upvote 0

markymark

We went to check on the new pool last month, and it looked absolutely wonderful. Infact we have decided that we are going to stay at the Poly next year.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

We too checked out the Poly pool and agree totally with marky, it looks superb, I don't know about you but I don't care where the hot tub is just as long as there is one:)

Upvote 0

markymark

Originally posted by Beauty and the
We too checked out the Poly pool and agree totally with marky, it looks superb, I don't know about you but I don't care where the hot tub is just as long as there is one:)

I'd be happy to just sit in the hot tub all day!!!!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Re: Re: poly hot tub?

Originally posted by marciahahn

But not in the hot tub.....please!!!!

No, we promise. I have heard about the "baby Ruth's" in pools, none from my perfect baby. :D I am just dreaming about getting to relax in a hot tub, last Feb when we are at Yacht and beach I was 8 months pregnant and didn't get to really enjoy the hot tubs (this is Mrs. Disney PhD by the way :animwink: )
Thank you everyone for the input. I feel much better now. Any other hints about doing Diseny with an infant? (I mean besides don't put them in the 110 degree water. ) I guess the baby should skip rocking roller and space montain, boy you guys are no fun.

Upvote 0

Seano846

It is an awsome pool, In fact we enjoyed it soo much we skipped going to a water park last trip. The slide is great, especially at night, and for a great massage hang out under the waterfall. Also the Jacuzzi section is AWSOME. Have a great time you will enjoy it. They even pipe in the backround music under the water.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Wow, it sounds so cool. Our plan was to stay at a really nice convenent resort with a great pool and skip the water parks. (I think TL is closed during our stay anyway.) Last Feb we stayed at Y&B for 3 nights. The weather was cold and rainy. On the last day the sun came out and it warmed up to mid 60s. Only problem was we had to leave for the airport at 1:00. Well we got an extended check out and at 12:30 we were still in the pool. Y&B pool is great, but from the sound of it Poly is going to be wonderful also. I don't understand why the resort guides have it listed as not having a hot tub.
One more question do they still have the quiet pool or did they keep the old pool and do the update where the quiet pool was. Oh yea one more question, (becuase so many people are experts on Ploy here :animwink:
What is the best long house to stay in? We have just a standard room (no concierge room for us, got to save for the wee ones college!;) )

Upvote 0

Seano846

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/index.html

Ckeck out Tikimans page above, it is the best site anywhere for info on the Polynesian, and yes the quiet pool is still there.He also has great maps of the longhouses which includes the room numbers so you could "scout out" 3-4 room numbers which you can request when you check in.Hint-the earlier you arrive the more likely you will get the room you want. I have stayed there every year for the past 5 years, and have checked in no later than 10 am each time, and always got the room I requested

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Wow, thanks for the hint. That web site is truely unbelievable. The guy who did it (steve) most have a great deal of time on his hands. by the way, did anyone else seem to notice there are many Disney nuts who are named Steve? hmmm. seems interesting.
I am starting to see why people at wdw magic think poly is one of the best.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom