POLL: When are you planning to return to Walt Disney World?

When do you plan to next visit Walt Disney World following the reopening from coronavirus?

• As soon as the parks reopen

Votes: 178 11.7%
  • Within the first month of reopening

Votes: 128 8.4%
  • Within the first 3 months of reopening

Votes: 185 12.2%
  • Within the first 6 months of reopening

Votes: 116 7.6%
  • Sometime in 2020

Votes: 302 19.8%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 510 33.5%
  • No plans to return

Votes: 103 6.8%

• Total voters

Herdman

I went ahead and booked a trip starting mid-october. Hoping by then that Disney would have had at least a month or two to work out most of the kinks in the new normal process. To put it in perspective, the airline cost was about 50% cheaper than it usually is even during the slow times of the year. Now I just need to play the waiting game and see if I can apply whatever package discounts come out in June for the October timeframe to my trip and hopefully, it becomes a much cheaper trip than expected.

I am fully expecting masks, temperature checks, and no nighttime entertainment for October. We were going to grab MNSSHP tickets but until we know how that's going to be affected we are holding off.
We have re-scheduled from mid-May to late October, and I was doing the same thing as far as MNSSHP. Don't you think they would refund if they can't let the party go on as planned?

Kristoff

We have re-scheduled from mid-May to late October, and I was doing the same thing as far as MNSSHP. Don't you think they would refund if they can't let the party go on as planned?

Not really sure, I thought I read that the MNSSHP tickets are non-refundable. Not sure if that same legal verbiage is on the normal ticket terms of service, but I don't believe it is. They might still have the event go on just with trick or treating and the rides still open but everything else special (fireworks, parade, villain show) closed so they don't officially have to cancel the event.

peter11435

Not really sure, I thought I read that the MNSSHP tickets are non-refundable. Not sure if that same legal verbiage is on the normal ticket terms of service, but I don't believe it is. They might still have the event go on just with trick or treating and the rides still open but everything else special (fireworks, parade, villain show) closed so they don't officially have to cancel the event.
All Disney tickets are non refundable per Disney.

Herdman

Yes, it does say it's non-refundable. That's why we haven't purchased it yet, but Disney has been so good about accomodating everyone affected by the virus that I think they would take care of people if they can't hold the event. Now, if it is held with reduced activities/attractions, then who knows if they would do anything.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is just one person's opinion but they do no thing that Disney parks will open to at least January 2021.

Of course it is a very fluid situation, but the anticipated reopening range is between June and September. We'll see .

38053WDW

Booked last week of August in January and then .. Still not sure about it unless most everything is OPEN .. I'm not going to spend this type of money on ... this ride closed... this restaurant closed... only 10 to a bus ..... Time to OPEN America !

PirateFrank

Had a trip to DLR scheduled for April 8-13. Canceled in March about a week or two before they announced it closed.
I have a cruise on the DCL Magic this summer in the mediterranean. That trip is all but a goner at this point.

Booked a trip for the last two weeks of August to make up for the loss of both DLR in April and the Med Cruise, which includes 4 days on the Dream and a week of time at WDW. I strongly suspect that I'll be canceling all of my august plans as well. I have zero intention of paying full dollar to walk around WDW with a mask, virtual queuing and half the attractions open. Same goes for any cockamamie social distancing rules imposed by DCL on the ship. That's part of the problem here. Disney vacationing is pretty damn expensive. Would you go to Smith & Wollensky for a prime cut of steak, and be OK with a substitution of ground chuck at the same price?

At this stage, I think I'm going to be waiting until both the public and organizational hysteria wears off on all this....

....So that means my next trip will likely be the 50th.

The_Jobu

Had an April/May trip, moved it to May/June, then to Aug/Sept. But doesn't look good, I dont want me and my family to be the guinea pigs testing the re-opened park.

Looking more like 2021 everyday.

wagamama

We have a trip planned for the week of Labor Day. Way too soon to know if we’re going or not, but I’m mentally prepared for anything to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom