POLL: When are you planning to return to Walt Disney World?

When do you plan to next visit Walt Disney World following the reopening from coronavirus?

• As soon as the parks reopen

Votes: 178 11.7%
  • Within the first month of reopening

Votes: 128 8.4%
  • Within the first 3 months of reopening

Votes: 185 12.2%
  • Within the first 6 months of reopening

Votes: 116 7.6%
  • Sometime in 2020

Votes: 302 19.8%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 510 33.5%
  • No plans to return

Votes: 103 6.8%

• Total voters

CaptainAmerica

Without adequate mitigation measures, the chances of an infection spreading rises with each new case.
That is not correct. The math only works in your example of the host population was infinite.

expgrowth.gif

It's also irrelevant, because the epidemiology is only one input in the determination of whether Disney continues to mandate masks. There are also financial, economic, social, cultural, and political factors.

Todd Sawicki

Well my family are at WDW right now so I guess that answers how we feel. I will say that being at Epcot today - if you feel safe shopping at your local grocery store, then you should feel safe at WDW. The mask compliance was outstanding and the CMs were all over anyone who was out of line (either distancing or mask wearing). That being said - it is a personal choice and I can see how many won't feel safe until there is a vaccine.

KikoKea

We have trips planned for Sept and Nov (and Jan2021), but are leaning toward cancelling at least this year's trips. I see the low crowds and lengths WDW has gone to for safety, and a trip looks very attractive. However being in our 60s, and with the rise in case,s we are hesitant and will probably wait and see how things are in Jan. We do go out to Walmart, grocery, dr office, etc, but those are quick visits, not 10 hours. Anyway, I remind myself the Halloween & Christmas parties were the main reason we were going, so without them, it would not be near as much fun. Let's hope 2021 brings relief from this craziness.

Butter

That is not correct. The math only works in your example of the host population was infinite.

View attachment 486585

It's also irrelevant, because the epidemiology is only one input in the determination of whether Disney continues to mandate masks. There are also financial, economic, social, cultural, and political factors.

The truth of each person only being able to be infected once has yet to be proven accurate, so we have no idea how long mitigation efforts will be necessary.

nyrebel3

We were there on March 15 when WDW closed and we came back on July 15 when DHS/EP reopened. We flew to Orlando, rode DME and took buses everywhere. We had a great time with walk-on wait times on virtually all of the rides. We missed the fireworks but the calvacades were fine with us. We won't go back again in July because of the heat, but we knew what to expect going in. Upon returning home we got COVID tested with negative results.

Last week band practice for my youngest son was cancelled one day because of a positive COVID test for another child. So according to my anecdotal experience, it is safer to be at WDW than here at home!

I may not agree with everyone's position, but I respect them. Conversely, I hope everyone respects my decision. I was at a funeral a month ago as a pallbearer and was talking to a friend from CA who is a MD and married another MD. Her husband gave me an elbow bump and she gave me a full hug. Everyone has different opinions and that's ok.

robhedin

We were at DL March 8th just before they closed; went to WDW and UOR from 11-19 July and had the best trip that either my wife or I can remember in the past 15 - 20 years. Scheduled to go back at the end of August, then again October 1st.

Paradisefalls

We were supposed to be there at the end of August but given everything that is going on in Florida had to postpone because our works are requiring a 14 day quarantine upon arrival back. Fine for me cause I work from home but the husband can’t afford to be off for 4 weeks. Plus I was getting a little nervous just given the numbers and worrying about getting on a plane. Not judging anyone whatsoever for going I was so looking forward to it as they moved us to the contemporary with the price protection from our sun and fun room offer we got, and the low crowds. But for us we moved it to the end of Feb 2021 and staying at the Wilderness Lodge Copper Creek Villas. So we shall wait and see where the world is. We still have a weekend trip planned for October we are keeping in the event things slow down cause we really want to go to the Epcot festival.

CaptainAmerica

The truth of each person only being able to be infected once has yet to be proven accurate, so we have no idea how long mitigation efforts will be necessary.
My concern is not how long they're necessary (whatever that means), my concern is how long they're mandatory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom