POLL: When are you planning to return to Walt Disney World?

When do you plan to next visit Walt Disney World following the reopening from coronavirus?

• As soon as the parks reopen

Votes: 178 11.7%
  • Within the first month of reopening

Votes: 128 8.4%
  • Within the first 3 months of reopening

Votes: 185 12.2%
  • Within the first 6 months of reopening

Votes: 116 7.6%
  • Sometime in 2020

Votes: 302 19.8%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 510 33.5%
  • No plans to return

Votes: 103 6.8%

• Total voters

jmunzert

I was there the weekend they closed ( for my son's birthday SO glad I was able to keep that one ) had to cancel my early April trip, I have one booked for Oct 31st-Nov 4th then heading back for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping for my Fall trips there aren't too many "exclusions" or extreme partial openings 😬

DisAl

We just postponed our end of May 2020 trip until 2021. I won't be surprised if the extend closure past our trip dates anyway.
We can't reschedule for this summer, and with three teachers and two kids in the family in school we can't go until they get out of school next year.

Just canceled our trip for August. I just don't want to be there with a ton of people, even if they limit the amount to enter. If it's half, it would be around 28,000. Plus, there will be many new restrictions in place..... how can they have the parades, fireworks, and buffets, where everyone is crowded together? Not mentioning the lines for the attractions. I feel it's going to be a very different Disney World for quite a while until there is a vaccine.

Hopefully, I will try for the summer of 2021 or 2022 and there is a vaccine available.

Stay safe everyone

trylon57

Just canceled our trip for August. I just don't want to be there with a ton of people, even if they limit the amount to enter. If it's half, it would be around 28,000. Plus, there will be many new restrictions in place..... how can they have the parades, fireworks, and buffets, where everyone is crowded together? Not mentioning the lines for the attractions. I feel it's going to be a very different Disney World for quite a while until there is a vaccine.

Hopefully, I will try for the summer of 2021 or 2022 and there is a vaccine available.

Stay safe everyone
Agreed.

Mr mom

Have no trip planned but when all of this chaos is over I am definitely going to plan one. I work in long term care and with each passing day the threat here gets crazy. My wife is in charge of a covid unit and is in charge of the facilities infection control. In my facility we have been lucky so far to keep it out. With all the stress the thing that keeps me going is imagining myself sitting there in front of the partners statue, soaking up the blanket of florida heat while watching all the happy faces of folks heading toward the castle. First thing in the morning it is the happiest spot on earth and I want to be there just soaking it in. Damn I cannot wait

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
December 5 is our new arrival date at present. Modified the late June thru early July vacation due to lack of confidence in it being open and wife’s disdain for the heat and humidity.

CanadianGordon

Having originally had a vacation planned, paid for, reservations for dining and FP, plane tickets, and park tickets bought from May 2-10 next month... The trip has now been completely cancelled and we'll have to use our tickets and everything by next year. So 2021 looks like when we'll visit. See if we can extend it longer so we can take advantage of enjoying the parks more.
I've been away from the forum for a few months due to personal reasons. Let's just say I won't be able to watch most Disney movies that involve a parent dying.. :(
Really was looking forward to the Disney magic next month.
Glad to be back on the board.
Hang in there everyone.

Kristoff

I went ahead and booked a trip starting mid-october. Hoping by then that Disney would have had at least a month or two to work out most of the kinks in the new normal process. To put it in perspective, the airline cost was about 50% cheaper than it usually is even during the slow times of the year. Now I just need to play the waiting game and see if I can apply whatever package discounts come out in June for the October timeframe to my trip and hopefully, it becomes a much cheaper trip than expected.

I am fully expecting masks, temperature checks, and no nighttime entertainment for October. We were going to grab MNSSHP tickets but until we know how that's going to be affected we are holding off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom