POLL: When are you planning to return to Walt Disney World?

When do you plan to next visit Walt Disney World following the reopening from coronavirus?

• As soon as the parks reopen

Votes: 178 11.7%
  • Within the first month of reopening

Votes: 128 8.4%
  • Within the first 3 months of reopening

Votes: 185 12.2%
  • Within the first 6 months of reopening

Votes: 116 7.6%
  • Sometime in 2020

Votes: 302 19.8%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 510 33.5%
  • No plans to return

Votes: 103 6.8%

• Total voters

Bpmorley

I think for a good chunk would as well (us included) but if I recall reading they cannot because of how our contracts are written not that does not mean they cannot make a change going forward to all new DVC owners.
They would probably just name it something else. Parking lot usage fee, repaving fee....

DreamalittleDisney

CRASH.. I know many of you will have felt it bit today is the day our WDW trip was cancelled due to huge amounts of errors on TUIs behalf our original trip was May 15th 2020 an agent on Saturday helped us to move it to May 2021 - didn't tell us about any additional charges which meant our bill went up by £2000 been trying to call back since the weekend and have spent 19.5hrs on hold to them in total

I've been cut off by their system about 5 times spoke to an advisor today who I got cut off from twice thankfully she called me back they said that they could move it to Oct 2020 for us ... checked price and additional £2628 for the same trip as they wouldn't honour the free dining offer we booked.

I've refused and they've agreed to cancel it completely.. i was due to fly in 5 weeks its been booked nearly 12months (booked originally with Thomas Cook they went bust so rebooted with Tui)

I have my family and my health right now and we are all safe of course I'm grateful of that but there's now a big mickey shaped hole and I'm having a sad day...

Hoping to rebook for 2021 when the UK free dining launches again (it works for us don't judge 😁) and fill the void with our next trip!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
CRASH.. I know many of you will have felt it bit today is the day our WDW trip was cancelled due to huge amounts of errors on TUIs behalf our original trip was May 15th 2020 an agent on Saturday helped us to move it to May 2021 - didn't tell us about any additional charges which meant our bill went up by £2000 been trying to call back since the weekend and have spent 19.5hrs on hold to them in total

I've been cut off by their system about 5 times spoke to an advisor today who I got cut off from twice thankfully she called me back they said that they could move it to Oct 2020 for us ... checked price and additional £2628 for the same trip as they wouldn't honour the free dining offer we booked.

I've refused and they've agreed to cancel it completely.. i was due to fly in 5 weeks its been booked nearly 12months (booked originally with Thomas Cook they went bust so rebooted with Tui)

I have my family and my health right now and we are all safe of course I'm grateful of that but there's now a big mickey shaped hole and I'm having a sad day...

Hoping to rebook for 2021 when the UK free dining launches again (it works for us don't judge 😁) and fill the void with our next trip!
Understandable that you'd be disappointed in missing out on Orlando, but at least you'll always have Paris...
1586443172695.png

Skeiner

I have a trip planned May 31-June 9 but what i'm seeing about what may happen even if they are open... I don't think I want to start the clock on my annual pass just yet since I have another 10 day trip booked in October I may just wait until then.

Does anyone think the parks may be open and normal by May 31st? I'm not seeing much optimism
If i were a betting man, I would bet a Sept/Oct reopening

Incomudro

Our trip was supposed to begin today, and run to the 18th - that didn't happen as we all know.
It's been four years since our last trip, and we were so looking forward to this one.
We'll see what happens as far as the parks reopening, and how they reopen goes.
I won't go to WDW in the summer - even if WDW is open by then.
I (we as a family) just can't stand that heat in that setting.
So, I'll see if perhaps September is possible or maybe we'll string some days together in November to make a 4 day trip or something like that.

Disstevefan1

Our trip was supposed to begin today, and run to the 18th - that didn't happen as we all know.
It's been four years since our last trip, and we were so looking forward to this one.
We'll see what happens as far as the parks reopening, and how they reopen goes.
So, I'll see if perhaps September is possible or maybe we'll string some days together in November to make a 4 day trip or something like that.

maybe you can be there for Oct 31 to Nov 1 to see the overnight transformation from Halloween to Christmas!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Our last trip was September '18... and it was hot as summer. I'd recommend late October or early November if you want it cooler. January's even better if you don't mind not being able to enjoy the water parks.

Kristoff

We have a trip tentatively scheduled for March of next year. I was going to try to squeeze in another trip in October but looking at the pricing of moderate rooms for that time is just crazy (~325 night for PORS or Caribbean beach). I can't justify dropping ~5K for a week vacation for two when usually any other time of the year it's about 3.5K - 4K for the same length of stay at a moderate. Attendance might be down at some places, but it seems like Disney will definitely not be one of them for the rest of the year, and their pricing reflects that.

Edit: I should clarify the prices mentioned above include hotel, tickets (with hopper) for 8 days and DDP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom