POLL: When are you planning to return to Walt Disney World?

When do you plan to next visit Walt Disney World following the reopening from coronavirus?

• As soon as the parks reopen

Votes: 178 11.7%
  • Within the first month of reopening

Votes: 128 8.4%
  • Within the first 3 months of reopening

Votes: 185 12.2%
  • Within the first 6 months of reopening

Votes: 116 7.6%
  • Sometime in 2020

Votes: 302 19.8%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 510 33.5%
  • No plans to return

Votes: 103 6.8%

• Total voters

FigmentsFangirl

I think, personally {wow its been some time since I've been here!} I can at least try to get to Disney Springs before getting back to the parks themselves,I am happy my AP has these extra days added to it. I really hope we can go at least to Disney Springs for my moms birthday on the 18th of April

polynesiangirl

I have no idea. I am supposed to go to Disneyland in late summer, but who knows if that's gonna happen now. I don't expect to be back before that trip, at the earliest. (We also have a cruise that got moved from this week to next winter.)

I'm taking it one week/month at a time. I love Disney trips (obviously), but I need a lot more data yet to know when I'll feel comfortable returning.

The_Jobu

It's looking like "Sometime in. . ." is really the only answer you can give because no one really knows when WDW will be back open so can't really plan to be back within a month, three months, etc. without knowing opening date.

Not just open but open with all the attractions running

Kman101

I'd have to see where we are and when exactly they reopen. I may not rush right back, personally. If we're in a better place by, say May, and they open by Memorial Day or in June, I might. If they open by the end of April? I'd have to really, really think about it. But who knows where we will be even a week from now? Sigh.

I'd love to say I'd rush right back, but 🤷‍♂️ just not sure right now

MickeyCB

Have Nov 23-27 booked, Poly. Hope the world has settled down again by then!
TP crowd calendar discouragingly 9-10/10ish for then though. :(
Still working with adult kids college/work schedules.

cmwade77

My answer is technically for Disneyland, which is as soon as it opens. Disney World may be a little longer just due to travel cost and time, but that's because I am 15 minutes away from Disneyland.

Captain Neo

2021 would be the earliest if people are legitimately wowed by Epcot redevelopment and Tron coaster but honestly at this time I have no plans to return at least while Chapek engages in cost cutting activities (which are inevitable now) and shoving IP down our throats instead of original built for the park experiences and attractions (like the original Epcot Center attractions, Alien Encounter, Expedition Everest, Soarin', etc.)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I am headed over later this afternoon, why what's going on?

I jest! Hoping for late May but have a back up plan (or two) for later in the summer depending on how all this plays out.
Stay safe everyone!

Goofnut1980

We are supposed to go mid-May with a 3 night Disney Dream Cruise at the start of that vaca... Looks like we will push the vaca closer to the date. And then make the cruise maybe a 4 night and have it just be a separate vacation.

As long as everyone is safe is all that truly matters right now.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I should be living in Orlando when the parks reopen so I plan on going within the 1st month after I get my FL residency and FL AP

mousedroid

We had a trip planned for the first week of May. I would be shocked if the parks and resorts are open by then, and even if they are, and my fiancee and I haven't had, and recovered from, the virus, we won't be going. That is much too soon after all of this.

In all likelihood I will look at re-booking in spring of 2021 and hope for the best.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
As many of you know after my experience in London

Ahhh....Mr. Spiderdink, I was prepared to ignore this thread until your post opened up my soul. Now, I must tell the message board of the burden I bear, the story of Dench and me. I was her boy toy for 3.5 amazing years. I saw the world and lived the jet set lifestyle and in exchange I had to give my body over to her lustful urges 5-7 times a day. It was quite the deal. When she sensed that I had a wandering eye, she began to enable and in the end even overtly encourage a burgeoning crystal meth addiction to keep me at bay. Over time, the physical decay caused by the addiction was startlingly. I believe the inevitable putrefaction of the mouth was the last straw and she turned me out like stray mutt. I now live in the sewers of London with other lost urchins, only surfacing in the early morning when my grate is no longer home to rats. Tuesday's and Thursday's are the worst since my benefactor doesn't leave a fresh Times of London for me to use as a blanket. I now must end this tale, since the owner of this, one of the few remaining internet cafes, is rightly sensing that I will not pay. Do not worry @vitani88, you had no idea...I now bid you all adieu.

led me to take up more permanent residence in the Imageworks.

Not sure of any major work. Since I live up there from time to time (as proof, I proffer a post from an esteemed wdwmagic visitor and member) -

I have noticed a rather large family of rats living in the rainbow tunnel and they have been louder of late. I tend to avoid them since staying on top my rabies shots is a challenge and for right now, I'd rather not know that the extra noise is coming from recent additions to the already rather over-large family.

Now some of you may say isn't that the DVC members lounge? To which I say, yes, and I'm a DVC member which coupled with old blueprints that may have been surreptitiously changed has caused my interstitial space that I share with the rat colony that I now view as friends to remain unnoticed by our corporate overlords and habitable by yours truly. But, in the spirit of this thread, the main lifestyle change WDW re-opening will cause is that I no longer will be able to walk out in my classy Duluth Trading company underwear to get my copy of USA Today that Ralph so politely deposits just inside the International Gateway.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Polling the fam here - so what would you do if you were me?

DVC member.. go 1-3 times a year (~10 days at a time)
Annual Passholder (but not yet activated my new one so clock hasn't started there yet
Trip booked/planned mid-October

assuming the parks are even open, would you cancel the trip I have booked May 31-June 9? that's definitely how I'm leaning

WannabWalt

We had to cancel our April 1st trip to Disneyland, but are now planning trips to WDW June 1st and Disneyland Nov. 2 of this year. Hopefully everything will work out this time! Everyone take care and we'll see you at the parks soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom