POLL: What is your favorite park and most importantly, why?

Favorite park

• Total voters

Walt Disney1955

I think that the idea that EPCOT is only for adults is the biggest myth out there. Yes, its probably the most adult centric of the four, but really, all of the four parks are more kid oriented than adult at the end of the day. I could see a lot of kids appreciating the fact that the rides at EPCOT don't get the big lines that the other parks do, and if they were intelligent enough, they'd love the Interventions and science parts of EPCOT. The park has a lot of hidden attractions that don't show up on FP+ but you can usually more or less walk on. There are also a lot of impromptu street shows that break out as well.

The show in front of the China pavilion comes to mind. My son loved that one. I honestly thought he would be bored stiff walking around the World Showcase and seeing the different countries. He's 7, so I just assumed. But he loved them. He liked seeing the different countries and even loved the 360 shows. Loved American Adventure too, I guess it was the animatronics.

whiterhino42

My favorite park was always Epcot, but with future world such a shell of nothing these days, it fell to 2nd. My favorite is Animal Kingdom. It's a beautiful park with a wide variety to do. I haven't even seen Pandora yet but will in April, can't wait!

Trackmaster

The show in front of the China pavilion comes to mind. My son loved that one. I honestly thought he would be bored stiff walking around the World Showcase and seeing the different countries. He's 7, so I just assumed. But he loved them. He liked seeing the different countries and even loved the 360 shows. Loved American Adventure too, I guess it was the animatronics.

When I first went to Disney in 1999 as a 12 year old, EPCOT was my favorite park of the four. Now, its easily Animal Kingdom, and there isn't really a close second. Either ECPOT has declined a lot since then, or in '99, it was just very focused on the tween market. I really liked how you could just occupy yourself with hidden attractions and interactive stuff and stay busy pretty much all day.

goofy5380

MK...so much to see and do there...
AK....great place to relax
EPCOT....another great place to relax
HS...not much to do there...still a great place to relax as well.

Walt Disney1955

When I first went to Disney in 1999 as a 12 year old, EPCOT was my favorite park of the four. Now, its easily Animal Kingdom, and there isn't really a close second. Either ECPOT has declined a lot since then, or in '99, it was just very focused on the tween market. I really liked how you could just occupy yourself with hidden attractions and interactive stuff and stay busy pretty much all day.

See, with me it was different. My first trip to Epcot in 1995 I am a teen. It was not Magic Kingdom and maybe I just couldn't appreciate that. I had to be an adult before I appreciated Epcot.

You say Animal Kingdom is your favorite and it isn't even close? Why is that?

Trackmaster

See, with me it was different. My first trip to Epcot in 1995 I am a teen. It was not Magic Kingdom and maybe I just couldn't appreciate that. I had to be an adult before I appreciated Epcot.

You say Animal Kingdom is your favorite and it isn't even close? Why is that?

• Expedition Everest is my favorite coaster at WDW.
  • Flight of Passage is my favorite non-coaster ride at WDW.
  • Pandora is my favorite themed section at WDW.
  • My favorite two shows at WDW are Finding Nemo and Lion King -- both at AK.
  • MK I guess is the #2, but it has a lot of drawbacks
    • Tough to get in and out of with the trams and monorail
    • Crowds and long lines are usually a problem
    • No alcohol served
    • Tons of little kiddies running around everywhere
  • It just seems a lot more authentic than the other parks. It has real animals, real props, everything about it just feels real.
  • Its the biggest of the four parks.
  • You get a safari out of the deal.
So AK has a lot of #1's to it. I know that Magic Kingdom has a ton of rides, but its a pain to get to and out of the park, and as somebody without kids, I'm not thrilled about a park that is obviously more kid oriented -- but I still think that WDW is an adult theme park resort that tries to lure parents in by appealing to their kids and appealing to the nostalgia and child inside of them. If they weren't masters at appealing to parents, they wouldn't be able to charge as much as they did or make any real money.

Walt Disney1955

• No alcohol served
  • It just seems a lot more authentic than the other parks. It has real animals, real props, everything about it just feels real.
So AK has a lot of #1's to it. I know that Magic Kingdom has a ton of rides, but its a pain to get to and out of the park, and as somebody without kids, I'm not thrilled about a park that is obviously more kid oriented -- but I still think that WDW is an adult theme park resort that tries to lure parents in by appealing to their kids and appealing to the nostalgia and child inside of them. If they weren't masters at appealing to parents, they wouldn't be able to charge as much as they did or make any real money.

Okay fair enough, there are never any wrong answers here in choosing

Trackmaster

Okay fair enough, there are never any wrong answers here in choosing

I think that AK just fits into my strategy pretty well too. At this point I just go for a few hours after work until close for a few rides.
Animal Kingdom - IMHO it has the most immersive themeing, it makes me feel like I am truly in a different world

Yeah, I think that this mainly comes down to:

• It being the biggest of the four parks, but also the newest, so it doesn't have as many rides as a park like MK. So Disney has the luxury of being each ride separate from each other where you truly feel like you're stepping into a new world that's disconnected from a theme park. Its easier to hide the backstage and the building shells.
  • It being the newest park, the riders are just newer so they're able to take advantage of modern innovations and planning.
  • Out of necessity for the animals, they had to block out the outside world, so you really can't see or hear anything from the outside world in the park. Its the only of the four parks that's not right next to the other ones.
  • They use real animals, as opposed to animatronics or screens.

jimbojones

• No alcohol served
You think a theme park dedicated to cartoon characters is an adult resort? you think watching puppets sing children's songs while you float by on a boat is something targeted for adults? There is a Disney World for adults, its called Las Vegas and you can have alcohol anywhere you want in Vegas and you will not see many, if any, kids. Of course there is stuff to keep parents entertained and attracted to the park, they have the money and jobs afterall, but WDW would not exist as you see it if it was not targeting kids.

I will never understand Disney fans who don't like being around kids. I get that society has fully embraced kidulthood as a whole but when kidults want kid things to themselves and don't want actual children around those kids things its gone to far. There is nothing wrong with an adult liking childish things , but when you stop recognizing that they are childish things you need to do some self reflection. The vast majority of vacation destinations on planet Earth are targeting adults. Disney resorts are among the few for which families and kids are the primary target audience.

Sorry for the rant this is a bit of a trigger topic for me! Love you all , trackmaster included.

Trackmaster

You think a theme park dedicated to cartoon characters is an adult resort? you think watching puppets sing children's songs while you float by on a boat is something targeted for adults? There is a Disney World for adults, its called Las Vegas and you can have alcohol anywhere you want in Vegas and you will not see many, if any, kids. Of course there is stuff to keep parents entertained and attracted to the park, they have the money and jobs afterall, but WDW would not exist as you see it if it was not targeting kids.

I will never understand Disney fans who don't like being around kids. I get that society has fully embraced kidulthood as a whole but when kidults want kid things to themselves and don't want actual children around those kids things its gone to far. There is nothing wrong with an adult liking childish things , but when you stop recognizing that they are childish things you need to do some self reflection. The vast majority of vacation destinations on planet Earth are targeting adults. Disney resorts are among the few for which families and kids are the primary target audience.

Sorry for the rant this is a bit of a trigger topic for me! Love you all , trackmaster included.

Las Vegas, please. Their big coaster is Manhattan Express. The Plan Nine From Outer Space of coasters. Sad! And gambling is an incredibly stupid waste of time. I like having a lot of fun while spending a reasonable amount of money or less. I can spend $320 on an AP, and enjoy Disney for 12 months. Who said I like kid things? I like rides and roller coasters. I think its silly to put them in a box and say that only kids are allowed to like that kind of stuff. Its a sad commentary on living as an adult where they can't enjoy experiences and have to go to Vegas to gamble to have a good time.

KINGLOUIS1993

Hmm mine used to be Hollywood Studios but until SWGE opens it is a bit lacking atm.

I love Epcot for the WS but my overall atm would have to be Animal Kingdom. For me it is such a brilliant mix of attractions and animals and the integration of the two is phenomenal, the only bad patch for me is the fairground Dino bit which could be so much better if it was a bit more true to the rest of the park and factual, obviously Disney cannot put many dinosaurs in there butttt they could put animals which are most closely related to Dino's. Get some ace animations in there and a water ride and it is perfect.

SirWillow

it honestly changes depending on the mood I'm in, and at various points I think just about every Disney park I've been to has been up at the top of that list (well, ok, maybe not Walt Disney Studios in Paris, but it's the only one). I find things that I love in every park and that makes me want to be there. I love how each has it's own unique atmosphere and theme, and that just adds to it.

Simba’s Mom

My favorite is Animal Kingdom. I can go there for a full day, never do a ride, just watch the animals, and it's still interesting. Also, I can go to Animal Kingdom 2 days in a row (I have) and it's a little different both days.

Roakor

MK, because childhood. Animal kingdom does run a close second. After the Epcot re-vamp that may change, though without the old Figment I don't think that park will ever make the top again, no matter how drunk they get me.

DfromATX

MK is my favorite. I love most everything there (except the Tiki birds and Country Bears). With that said, there are things at each park that I love and would be reason for me to never skip a park - even Hollywood Studios.

OG Runner

I am torn between Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. I love starting the day with breakfast at The Crystal Palace, but I also love starting the day with breakfast at The Garden Grill (Pooh & Friends vs Mickey & Friends) I also enjoy many of the rides at the Magic Kingdom, though some of my favorites are at EPCOT. I guess I will go with EPCOT, you really are supposed to drink your way around the Magic Kingdom the way you do in the World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom