POLL: What is your favorite park and most importantly, why?

Favorite park

• Total voters

HkPro

Magic Kingdom. Epcot is a close second.

My husband would say Epcot, then HS. He especially loved the trip when we stayed at the Beach Club because we could walk right into Epcot and take the boat to HS.
My 11 yr old likes HS best, then AK. She likes the thrill rides.
My 7 yr old is with me on MK. :D

John park hopper

It would have to be MK it was the first park built and the first park I visited in May 1972. Was just discharged from the service after an all expense paid vacation to Southeast Asia compliments of Uncle Sam

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Unpopular opinion here, but bear with me.

From favorite to least favorite:

1. Hollywood Studios. Toy Story Land is cute, MV3D I missed that so much, RnR was a blast and ToT is the best thing ever. The general vibe is positive and it reminds me of when DCA was finding it's true identity before Chapek took over. Once MMRR and SWGE open I think this park will shoot its way back up the ranks.
  2. Magic Kingdom. Not like Disneyland's MK but it has a ton of charm still, and 7DMT is something to write home about.
  3. EPCOT. Test Track is fantastic, world showcase is great. This is the museum / shopping mall park of them all.
  4. Animal Kingdom. Dinosaur needs work, Everest needs work. Arguably the best land in the entirety of WDW is Avatar. I didn't click with this park for whatever reason; a zoo is a zoo IMO.

The Mighty Tim

For me, it's EPCOT. I remember more about that park from my trips as a youngster than I do about Magic Kingdom. Even when I'm there now and I see Spaceship Earth lit up at night time, it instantly takes me back to my childhood.

Trackmaster

Magic Kingdom. It’s the only park that you truly need an entire day to enjoy. I love the other parks, of course, but they are limited. But ask this again once SWGE opens. My answer may change 😂

I think that the main reason is because of the lines. If everything was a 5 minute wait or less, it would be a pretty quick park to go through and ride everything worth riding. Only time consuming part might be spamming 10-15 laps on Big Thunder and Seven Dwarfs.

danheaton

Epcot has always been my favorite park, by a mile. But I've changed during the past 5 years or so. If I only had one day and could visit one park, it would be The Magic Kingdom. There's more to do and so many classics that I want to see every time. I still love parts of Epcot today (Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, World Showcase), but there's not as much overall. In fact, the Animal Kingdom is right there with it now to me because of its atmosphere.

BoarderPhreak

MK will always be my "favorite" because, well, MK! But my heart is in 80s EPCOT Center. I can't in good conscience vote for it in its current state.

Minnesota disney fan

Magic Kingdom is first, however, Animal Kingdom is a close second.
So, it's a tie with MK and AK for me.
We love HS too and it was always a full day park for us.
Must admit that we don't care for Epcot at all,, except for SE.

rob0519

I voted for MK. It's the original and just has that Disney feel. I'm not thrilled with some of the changes and of course, the insane crowds, but that's just evolution.

There was a time when I would have said what was then, MGM Studios. It had it's own atmosphere and the shops seemed to carry better merchandise. Now, it's all torn up and I wonder how the whole Star Wars thing will affect the park.

Hollywood Studios. Tower of Terror is the first ride i think of at Disney World. I remember riding it with my parents as a kid (its really one of the only Disney rides I vividly remember from being a kid. We went to Cedar Point and Kings Island way more, so i have lots of memories of great roller coasters at those parks, and Disney is light years behind Cedar Point when it comes to awesome roller coasters.)

I also recently got to take my own child on Tower of Terror during our last trip as she was tall enough, and hopefully that memory stays with her into adulthood as well. Now I just need my son to be tall enough to ride too. I also can't wait to see Toy Story Land! That will only increase my love for HS I'm sure.

Trackmaster

Hollywood Studios. Tower of Terror is the first ride i think of at Disney World. I remember riding it with my parents as a kid (its really one of the only Disney rides I vividly remember from being a kid. We went to Cedar Point and Kings Island way more, so i have lots of memories of great roller coasters at those parks, and Disney is light years behind Cedar Point when it comes to awesome roller coasters.)

I also recently got to take my own child on Tower of Terror during our last trip as she was tall enough, and hopefully that memory stays with her into adulthood as well. Now I just need my son to be tall enough to ride too. I also can't wait to see Toy Story Land! That will only increase my love for HS I'm sure.

Yeah, but CP would give their left -- well let's say "foot" to make this a friendly forum -- to have what Disney has. Any park chain would. CP isn't really that high up on the attendance list in North America. Disney pretty much laps the competition in success.

Cedar Fair is great at what they do -- and my favorite chain of any of them -- but they really do commit to their unthemed amusement attractions. I think that if they ever wanted to compete with the boys and actually get families to travel long distances and pay big money for luxury hotels other than Breakers, they need to start putting in some indoor dark rides. I talked with a prominent ACEr about this last summer when I was at Kentucky Kingdom. He said that he's talked to a high up exec at Cedar Fair and CP wants a dark right -- but they want to do it "right." They want to be very good, not have crazy mechanical problems, and to be a capacity monster.

disneyfireman

Well Disneyland should be an option. Because it is far and away superior to any other Disney park. And I mean it blows all others away. But. I chose MK. In this poll. Why. Because MK is Disneyland’s younger brother. Disneyland is everything that’s great about Disney parks.
Epcot Center is a close second. To Disneyland.

joshjoned

Well Disneyland should be an option. Because it is far and away superior to any other Disney park. And I mean it blows all others away. But. I chose MK. In this poll. Why. Because MK is Disneyland’s younger brother. Disneyland is everything that’s great about Disney parks.
Epcot Center is a close second. To Disneyland.

Many people who have been to WDW haven't been to DL. But, last time a poll here was ran that pitted DL vs MK, DL crushed MK by like 80 votes, which was surprising considering this forum is heavily biased towards WDW.

In fact, being the "second Disneyland" is no doubt why MK is the most popular park at WDW. It was molded after a park that was already considered a masterpiece. None of the other three parks had that benefit.

Walt Disney1955

Our 7 year old son love Epcot almost as much as Magic Kingdom. Crazy huh? I never imagined he would love it so much. But the answer to me is Magic Kingdom today, yesterday and always. The best rides, the most nostalgic, the most immersive, the best experience.

Trackmaster

Our 7 year old son love Epcot almost as much as Magic Kingdom. Crazy huh? I never imagined he would love it so much. But the answer to me is Magic Kingdom today, yesterday and always. The best rides, the most nostalgic, the most immersive, the best experience.

I think that the idea that EPCOT is only for adults is the biggest myth out there. Yes, its probably the most adult centric of the four, but really, all of the four parks are more kid oriented than adult at the end of the day. I could see a lot of kids appreciating the fact that the rides at EPCOT don't get the big lines that the other parks do, and if they were intelligent enough, they'd love the Interventions and science parts of EPCOT. The park has a lot of hidden attractions that don't show up on FP+ but you can usually more or less walk on. There are also a lot of impromptu street shows that break out as well.

LaughingGravy

MK. It's got a ton of stuff to look at. Even when you are not on any attraction there is always lots to look at due to the narrower walkways and the spoke and hub (and then some!) design to be able to take multiple paths to make it interesting and able to jump from one place to another if some place is just a little too crowded at the moment. The other parks simply do not have that.
You can even leave the park via monorail and go to hotels easily and back.

DisneyNittany

Animal Kingdom. I could spend open to close in that park perfectly happy and not ride a single ride.

It changes by the hour, but I'd probably have to say that the most relaxed I feel at WDW is at Animal Kingdom. Wife and I like to go to AK at rope drop, maybe hit up FoP, and then knock out Everest and Safari. Usually, it's only 9a by the time we're done, and I like to grab a seat at the Dawa Bar and enjoy a few morning beers, while watching the crowds pass by and the African entertainers. To me, that's a perfect Disney morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom