Poll: Disneyland has outgrown Sleeping Beauty Castle

Disneyland has outgrown Sleeping Beauty Castle

• Yes

Votes: 48 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 112 70.0%

• Total voters

Californian Elitist

Hey remember that Monstropolis rumor where a Disney Park (specifically DCA or DHS) would be getting a Mike&Sully Door coaster, I'm still waiting 5+ years later....

Point is just because it seems like a full project with details doesn't mean it actually gets constructed. That is the downside of these fan sites, too many rumors get blown out of proportion and people start freaking out when in reality it was never anything more than some blue sky idea that never went anywhere.

So we'll see how it goes. But I kind of have my doubts at this point on this one.

Construction or not, the problem is the idea being thrown out and considered.

Disney had plans to replace Lincoln with the Muppets at one point. Look at the crap we have now. I can bet replacing Matterhorn with Frozen was actually brought up and considered. It’s not far-fetched at all.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Hey remember that Monstropolis rumor where a Disney Park (specifically DCA or DHS) would be getting a Mike&Sully Door coaster, I'm still waiting 5+ years later....

Point is just because it seems like a full project with details doesn't mean it actually gets constructed. That is the downside of these fan sites, too many rumors get blown out of proportion and people start freaking out when in reality it was never anything more than some blue sky idea that never went anywhere.

So we'll see how it goes. But I kind of have my doubts at this point on this one.
Projects that get approved are not much more than Blue Sky either. The phases of design are Blue Sky, Concept Design, Feasibility (Approval), Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Disney had plans to replace Lincoln with the Muppets at one point. Look at the crap we have now. I can bet replacing Matterhorn with Frozen was actually brought up and considered. It’s not far-fetched at all.

I’m sure there have been 1000s of ideas that have been thrown out and considered that fans wouldn’t have been onboard with since the beginning. Again just because it was an idea thrown out, and maybe even considered, doesn’t mean they execute or even were real serious about it.

Can’t get real up-in-arms about something when it never actually happens.

Curious Constance

I believe @GiveMeTheMusic has confirmed that this was seriously considered at one point. And that baffles me to the point of stupidity. I just can’t fathom it.

nevol

Original Poster
I’m sure there have been 1000s of ideas that have been thrown out and considered that fans wouldn’t have been onboard with since the beginning. Again just because it was an idea thrown out, and maybe even considered, doesn’t mean they execute or even were real serious about it.

Can’t get real up-in-arms about something when it never actually happens.
It sounds like something they would go for. It is worth noting that it is usually the really corny but large in scope IP projects that seem like a done deal but dont get built. Monstropolis, this frozen thing. The frozen tweak to matterhorn sounds like it has more longevity than a door coaster land with no ties to california or any other leveraging of themes, styles, cultures. (which is why you might want to be afraid of it). They seem to be embracing Matterhorn's history as of late though.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It sounds like something they would go for. It is worth noting that it is usually the really corny but large in scope IP projects that seem like a done deal but dont get built. Monstropolis, this frozen thing. The frozen tweak to matterhorn sounds like it has more longevity than a door coaster land with no ties to california or any other leveraging of themes, styles, cultures. (which is why you might want to be afraid of it). They seem to be embracing Matterhorn's history as of late though.

What I hypothesized happened is upper management asked WDI for ideas on how to revamp the Matterhorn/Motorboat lagoon area. This idea was brought up, someone asked it to be drawn up to see concepts, and then once that was done it was looked at and then denied. Its common in large corporations. Some ideas sound good in a pitch meeting but when actually drawn up they don't look as good.

Like I said before I can't get real up-in-arms about a project that never happened. Now if it actually happens then I'll stand corrected, and have something to get upset about.

But really I just hope they fix the track if it does happen.... ;):p:cool:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Love Rolly, his style, and all
he’s done for the company but he kinda comes across as a bitter, resentful old grump in that article.

If you were an artist and decade after decade you saw your work being trashed and modified to fit some stupid “staying relevant” goal then I think you would be a little grumpy after a while. Stroller park indeed.

TROR

Reminds me that I took these photos in August and never posted them.

41443918_262260317950062_2635069432321277952_n.jpg
41671174_264572024395486_5965259856708370432_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom