Poll #7 What extinct attraction do you believe should not have been destroyed?

What ride or attraction at WDW do you believe should not have been taken out?

• Horizons

Votes: 52 16.0%
  • Captain EO

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • The Original JII

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Mission to Mars

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 73 22.5%
  • Dream Flight

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Alien Encounter

Votes: 53 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • Every "Extinct" Attraction

Votes: 21 6.5%

• Total voters

General Grizz

Wouldn't it be awesome to see The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride where the playground is (currently being constructed on 20K site), keeping Toad? :lookaroun :brick:

Anyway, Journey into Imagination's replacement was not up to par. (Saying that the previous sentence is an understatement is an understatement in itself).

I'd also vote for "Kitchen Kabaret."

Expo_Seeker40

Mr. Toad's wild ride w/o a doubt did not have to go. Maybe we will see it one day again [doubt it] but hey can't they use some fun at the UK pavilion at EPCOT.

Journey Into Imagination has some outdated aspects to it, but really was not the type of ride that had to change...atleast change dramitically. Damn that contract, couldn't they have painted the ceilking or changed a lightbulb and said "yup we've changed the ride".

Horizons, I don't know...I miss it in a way for what it was, but felt it was 80s viewed outdayed beyond the money to save it. Don't tell me the building was faulty. I question that. Yea underwater resorts and colonies in space are futurisitc, but no money could have totally updated what was happing unfortunatly to Horizons.

I somewhat miss the skyway, but we can all ride better aerial cabins elsewhere around the world.

DisneyMemories

Lee said:
No doubt...20,000 Leagues.

I voted for all extict attractions and I Agree about 20k, having been there at the end of june and seeing no lagoon from two years eariler I was sad, now i'm suffering from disney withdrawls from not being there and 50th anniversy cd my sis got only reminds me of not being there. I miss Disney World

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
For all of you who were interested in the Dreamfinder Forever cause... you can join my news alert emailing list to update you on what's going on with the cause. If you would like to join, email me at zmanatr@cfl.rr.com to recieve updates after anything new happens.

I still stand by my opinion that JII was the best attraction ever at Epcot, but my next favorite was Horizons followed by If you had Wings and then Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Damien666

I voted for Alien Encounter of course. I wish I could have been on Mr. Toad,the 1st JIYI but I was never able to.:( I predicted failure for SGE and I was right 100%! I know some of you will say I'm wrong and I accept that. But SGE in my book is the biggest mistake Disney has ever done.With SGE, Disney is saying "we won't put a lot of money into a ride or show". We only settle for good enough, not great. It makes me wonder what happened to the creativity of Disney and it's rides and shows now. Will they learn that we want a magical ride or show?Not a half-baked one.

Ellen Ripley

hi, i voted other:

If You Had Wings

The Enchanted Tiki Room

20,000 Leagues under the Sea

Mickey Mouse Revue

The Magic Shop on Mainstreet

The Sky Lift

lilphil6487

im just gonna say that all the rides i grew up w/ like 20k leagues, horizons, JII, mr toad, etc. should never have gone. yea maybe they were outdated or other stuff, but i grew up w/ that stuff. the only one i can do w/o would be captai eo cause i thought that was just weird, plus, micheal jackson is too. but thats just my opinion. no offense to micheal jackson fans, i just think he is weird, but lets not turn this into a micheal jackson thread. lol.

DisneyFreak529

Well when i went to Disneyland I went on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I loved it!!

I like Pooh a lot!! I think if they were going to build a pooh play area then they could of at least keep Mr. Toad's wild ride. I love pooh don't get me wrong but if Pooh has "Crystal Palace & Pooh's play area" then why not let Mr. Toad stay!!

:veryconfu

TheDisneyMagic

I have voted for the Orinigal JII, the new version have not had anything compared to the orinigal and it is a real shame that Kodak made them destroy such a wonderful attraction that appealed to such a variety audience. They also destroyed two fantastic characters with the, The Dreamfinder and Figment, Figment may be back but will never be the same as before and The Dreamfinder appears to have dissapeared off the face of the Earth, (Well I suppose in this case of the face of the World). In my opinion the decision to remove the orinigal attraction was a large mistake, the new version never has a que even in some of the most busy times of years showing just how popular it is where as the orinigal I can remember queing for a number of hours in past years.

Maybe one day is the budget is given, this now extinct attraction can be restored to its glory, if not how it used to be lets bring back the Dreamfinder.

thegoof

I really miss "If You Had Wings"!!! I still get that song stuck in my head sometimes after all these years. At least I can see some of that ride in "El Rio del Tiempo". And everytime that I ride it....it brings back those fond memories of "If You Had Wings".

MarcV

I miss The Diamond Horseshoe Revue, I also do miss Horizons but it is my understanding that the building was practically on the verge of being condemed. I also lament the passing of the original JII it was my favorite ride as a kid

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I have fond memories of all of these rides, including Captain EO, just because it was the coolest 3-D Movie ever! (That it will be, until STARWARS comes out in full on 3-D!)

KaliSplash

Well,

I voted for World of Motion, but I also wanted to vote for Horizons and the original Journty Into Imagination.

It was a tough call, because Test Track and Mission Space are far better replacements than the current Journey, but I really miss the old Gary Owens narration and all the AA in World of Motion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom