Poll #7 What extinct attraction do you believe should not have been destroyed?

What ride or attraction at WDW do you believe should not have been taken out?

• Horizons

Votes: 52 16.0%
  • Captain EO

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • The Original JII

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Mission to Mars

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 73 22.5%
  • Dream Flight

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Alien Encounter

Votes: 53 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • Every "Extinct" Attraction

Votes: 21 6.5%

• Total voters

POOHKILLEDTOAD

Mr. Toad of course...there was no reason to close it. The ride wasn't falling apart, it wasn't affected by the weather (skycars), it wasn't expensive to run (20k legues). Pooh just sells more toys than Toad. :brick:

Moustronaut

What? No 20,000 Leagues?

That gets my vote. I loved Horizons just as much as anyone but I can understand why it was removed (no I don't want to get into the debate about how Epcot should be the constantly evolving park...) but 20,000 Leagues was the perfect attraction in the perfect locations to bridge the pure futuristic scifi of tomorrowland with the pure make believe of fantasy land. It was the great blend of real world scifi fantasy!

brich

Mr. Toad !
Not that it was a great ride or that Pooh is a particularly bad ride. It's just that Mr Toad, in my eyes was a classic. It was my favorite ride as a kid. I'm really disappointed that my kids never got to ride it. But they do love Pooh so all is not totally lost... :D
20k is also missed. Again, not for it being a great ride, but for it's time it was a cool ride. Another nostalgic hit for me. But, I do believe the maintenence reason's behind it's closure were reason enough to close it... :lookaroun

Mountaineer

Bravesfn1 said:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The Many Adv. of Winnie the Pooh is really bad!

I disagree that Pooh is bad, but I do feel that they could have added Pooh and kept Toad also. I mean they managed to do it at DL and they have alot less space.

I voted for the original JII, mainly because I feel that it's replacement is the worst replacement of all of the rides listed (well, maybe a tie with the evil Stich :mad: )

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Horizons because Mission: Space could have went somewhere else.

True, when reading around, I found out that if M:S had done as well as Disney had hoped, then it would have been cloned for nearly every Disneyland (i.e. Hong Kong, Paris, CA) Sad to see how Disney continued to think along the lines of a quick and traditional buck!

Connor002

mr toad because there didn't seem to be anything wrong with him

i agree that they just considered that pooh sells more toys

oh well, at least i still have my memories

actually, i just remembered, i don't really remember it
oh well, there's always disneyland...

CaptainMichael

jedimaster1227 said:
True, when reading around, I found out that if M:S had done as well as Disney had hoped, then it would have been cloned for nearly every Disneyland (i.e. Hong Kong, Paris, CA) Sad to see how Disney continued to think along the lines of a quick and traditional buck!

I meant that it could have went somewhere else in Epcot. It may still find its way to Japan or Hong Kong. I say that Mission: Space is a success.

gbruenin

20,000 Leagues. If the stories are true, getting it closed was done rather underhandedly. For another meet-n-greet. Ugh!

I voted for the original JII, mainly because I feel that it's replacement is the worst replacement of all of the rides listed (well, maybe a tie with the evil Stich )

Same here, I voted the Original Journey Into Your Imagination...

But I sure did love Mr. Toad!!

Carolwood

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but since that wasn't on the list it would have to be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I agree there was nothing wrong with Toad, Pooh was added for all his merchandising possibilties. Money wins every time.

Austin1

Alien Encounter should have stayed. I never got a chance to experience any of the other attractions. I think JII should have stayed also, but with a mojor rehab. Horizons had to go I think but I would have loved to ride it.

hcswingfield

The sky lift across the Magic Kingdom. Vernon and I were able to catch it and be in mid-air during the fire works once. Talk about MAGIC!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom