POFQ or POR?

Tomorrowland0

My family is planning on taking a trip in May, and because CSR was full, we're now oscillating between one of the PO resorts, whether FQ or Riverside is my main question. We've stayed at CBR the past couple times, and loved the ambiance and theming there. We also enjoyed the longer walks to and from the restaurants, staying at Aruba and Jamaica. The lagoon at sunrise/sunset is very picturesque and made taking time out to walk around it enjoyable. Beyond that, any advice and opinions you all would be willing to share with me would be great! Thanks alot

My family is planning on taking a trip in May, and because CSR was full, we're now oscillating between one of the PO resorts, whether FQ or Riverside is my main question. We've stayed at CBR the past couple times, and loved the ambiance and theming there. We also enjoyed the longer walks to and from the restaurants, staying at Aruba and Jamaica. The lagoon at sunrise/sunset is very picturesque and made taking time out to walk around it enjoyable. Beyond that, any advice and opinions you all would be willing to share with me would be great! Thanks alot

First, I have to say that I'm sure whichever one you pick, you will have a great time!

Don't expect anything like CBR though. Port Orleans has a very different atmosphere. I'm tempted to say it's more "adult", but that's not really the word I'm looking for. Perhaps someone can help me out.

POFQ is very small by Disney hotel standards. You are never far from the food court or the bus stop. It's not small enough that I would say it has an "intimate" feel, but it's not sprawling like the other moderates. Riverside is far bigger and therefore less quiet, but it does have the advantage of the table service restaurant.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the pleasant walk along the river linking the two resorts. And like I said - whichever one you'll choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Upvote 0

Marley's Ghost

Riverside for me...

We have stayed at CB and PORS. now that we are a family of 5 POR is for us I would say the riverside is like the younger brother of FQ. All three are great though.

Upvote 0

eroyee

If you like walks, ambience, and beautiful grounds then pick POR. Its a beautiful resort. You can always walk over to POFQ and look around. theres lots to do.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

If you like the long walks consider requesting Magnolia Bend in POR. We have stayed at POR and love it, especially in May with everything in bloom. This March we are switching is up a bit and staying at POFQ for the first time.

Upvote 0

coltow

We love POFQ. It's small so no matter where your room is, it's just a quick walk to everything. It did seem very quiet too. You can always walk over to POR if you wanted.

Upvote 0
We just got back from 2 weeks in Disney... first week we stayed in Coranado, second week was Riverside. I've stayed in both before as well as Caribbean Beach, and visited FQ several times... there's no doubt in my mind of the moderates our favorite is Riverside. It has a wonderful look and feel and we consider its size a plus because walking around the resort is fun all by itself with the river and the piped in crickets, etc. For whatever reason, Ive never been a fan of the theming of FQ... too many ugly jesters looking at me or something... and the city apartment look to the room buildings don't excite me either. But it's all in personal taste I guess.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Riverside

Hi Tomorrowland0
Without doubt my favorite resort is POR. I just love this resort. Do you know that feeling you get when you know you're home, well POR does that for me. POFQ is also very beautiful, not quite as large, and within walking distance of POR. Have a great time in May. :wave:

Upvote 0

Harptattoo

We just got back from a week at the POR on Sunday the 15th and I could not have been more impressed with a resort than I was this passed week. There is no comparison between the POFQ and the POR the POR IS SO MUCH NICER! The grounds at the POR will be just what you are looking for with regard to the walks. We stayed at the CBR a few years back and liked it but we loved the POR! We ate at the POFQ and were not impressed with the cleanliness and selection but the POR's food court was awesome! There is no comparison, the common areas at the POR are just plain beautiful compaired to the POFQ. We stayed in the Alligator Bayou section (family of 5) and it was fabulous. I can not say enough about our experience. The POR is by far the way to go!!!!

Upvote 0

go3epcot

POR works best for my family because of the store, food court, pool, and overall atmosphere. The grounds are calming and things are spread out- but not TOO spread out.

Upvote 0

Paul G.

We have stayed at POFQ the past 3 visits and loved it.The resort is small so you are always close to everything.You share bus service with riverside but POFQ is always picked up and dropped off first,we have young kids and being dropped off first late at night is very nice.I'm sure you will love both resorts and will enjoy walks along the river.Have a great time!

Upvote 0

disneyliv85

I put my vote in for French Quarter! The bus situation is definitley nice and they also have a nice pool with the King Triton water slide. The smaller resort was a plus for us, it just seemed more laid back. But, like others have said, its a short little walk between the 2 resorts so you can really enjoy both!

Upvote 0

BrerMouse

I'll put my vote for French Quarter. The major thing for us was the fact that there is only one bus stop for FQ compared to 3 for Riverside. I know when we were there we never shared a bus with Riverside. The smallness of the resort also is a big plus, no long walks anywhere. Have a good trip.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

I loved the French Quarter. It was so quiet. My dd ended up sick so we went back to our resort for a nap (she was almost 9). We didn't hear one other person the whole time she was sleeping.

I love the look of Riverside but haven't stayed there. We did share a bus with them but they were never crowded except at park closing. It wasn't that bad then either. I think my dad and brother in law stood maybe 1 or 2 times but the rest of us got seats.

I don't think you could go wrong with either resort.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Hubby and I stayed at POFQ last May for our anniversary trip. I loved it! We lived within 25 miles of the real New Orleans for many years and used to go into the French Quarter often. Staying at POFQ was great for us. It was like having all the ambiance, the beauty, and charm without the street walkers, the crud, the smell, etc. When we were in the gift shop one evening a CM walked up and handed us beads. I was thrilled! I didn't even have to show 'em any...uh...frontal body parts! LOL!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom