PMs gone??? How do conversations work?

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree. looks like they locked the conversation - either purposely, or accidentally. If the message was in response to something said in a thread, you could try tagging them in that thread.

For example, hey @Nemo14, I can't reply to your message.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So very sorry to bump an ancient thread. However, I received a new PM (conversation) in my inbox but it has no possible way to reply. Unlike other conversations I've had, the reply link just isn't there. Is it possible the person who started the conversation has their privacy settings set so high that I cannot reply? If that's the case, would it not be better that they couldn't initiate a conversation until they lower their privacy settings. As it is now, I fear I'll come off as a bit of a jerk if I just ignore them. :confused:
The only way i can think of to get a response through would be to tag them in several threads that they frequent and ask them to lower their privacy settings.

edit....what @The Mom just said!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Geez, you computer oriented young people have completely forgotten how conversations work! @sweetpee_1993 - without your fancy computational machine, a conversation will generally involve approaching another person and then talking them. It can be about one topic (i.e. the Peloponnesian War), multiple topics (chocolate, favorite nation states that are also islands in the Pacific, Van Gogh, etc.) and in some cases the multiple topics may become one big topic - Van Gogh enjoyed chocolate and was a big fan of Fiji. Anyhoo, @wdwmagic has volunteered to help people he has addicted to this site by slowly re-teaching the art of conversation. He will PM his phone number out as necessary. It would seem that the "techno babble" replies you received would also indicate many of the participants in this thread also need re-training in this art.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom