PMs gone??? How do conversations work?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I'm lost. Private messages are gone now. Killin me there as I had stuff tucked into the PMs that I needed. So with conversations, is this only visible to those included in the conversation or can anyone click your username and see all your conversations? Just trying to get a feel of how private or public the conversations are. Yes, I'm eager to discuss each and every one of you without your participation! ((insert evil laugh))

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
But I can't find my "sent" items. That's what I needed. It wasn't a message that was replied to so it's not listed.

I'm also trying to figure out how the h-e-double-hockey-sticks to edit my signature. I can see the signature in my profile, etc. but don't see anything that I can click to edit. Soooo frustrating!

nepalostparks

Location of the Inbox and Signature buttons for anyone who needs them:

Untitled.jpg

nepalostparks

Here is an image of what an inbox message you sent that did not receive any replies would look like. As you can see by the date, this was sent back in February, long before the forum changeover. So any messages you had should have carried over to the new forums. If not, you'll want to message @wdwmagic if there is an issue.

Untitled2.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
OMG! Found the sent item I was looking for! WooHOOO!!!!

Okay, now to just figure out how to get back to that box in your screen shot. I'm telling you, some of us should probably not be allowed to be here with our lack of savvy... LOL

nepalostparks

OMG! Found the sent item I was looking for! WooHOOO!!!!

Okay, now to just figure out how to get back to that box in your screen shot. I'm telling you, some of us should probably not be allowed to be here with our lack of savvy... LOL

The dropdown box under your username? Your username (and the dropdown box) is in the same location on each and every forum page - top blue bar, right hand side.

And no worries, that's what we're here for, to help you navigate with the new layout :D

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I promise to continue to try to learn this new format!

Just so y'all don't think I'm crazy, I took pics of the lack of my name on the top right in the blue bar that has the drop-down. I figured out why I wasn't seeing it. I'm on a MacBook and my eyesight is not very good up close anymore. If I'm not wearing my glasses (too lazy to go fetch them from my nightstand) I use the track-pad to make the page content big so I can see it. Well, if you make the page content big it rolls that last item on the menu normally above the smaller blue strip down below thus covering the blue strip I was looking for. Here's more sad & pathetic. I took pics with my iPhone so I could show you the difference because I still have no stinkin' clue how to do a screen shot with my Mac. In my defense, I *have* looked for classes in Mac operation but only ever get asked "What specifically do you want to know?" Well, everything! Here's the pics:

a668bb93.jpg

bd65b8f6.jpg

And just so you don't think I'm insane when I tell you this, my drop-down box doesn't look like yours for some reason. "Signature" is not there. See?

1340934c.jpg

Just in case enlarging and reducing was messing with it I tried playing with that on the track-pad. Didn't change anything other than my ability to see the box clearly. :p Any ideas on that one?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
In safari on your Mac, go to the top menu bar right at the very top of the screen, and choose 'View', then 'Actual Size'. The zooming that you are doing is causing the top menu to change shape and cover the profile area. I will look into that for a fix.

Can you also look for the signature option again now?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
The signature option has magically appeared!!!! I won't even ask what you did because it'll all be over my head and under my shoelaces anyway. But THANK YOU! You really are "magic", Steve! LOL! And I'll resend that PM I couldn't find yesterday. ;)

vonpluto

I took pics with my iPhone so I could show you the difference because I still have no stinkin' clue how to do a screen shot with my Mac.
<snip balance of post>

In order:
1-Command (the key next to the space bar with the apple and the Goofy four loop thingy)

2-shift

3-3 (top row, not the numeric keypad)

A png screen shot should appear on the desktop

:)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
In order:
1-Command (the key next to the space bar with the apple and the Goofy four loop thingy)

2-shift

3-3 (top row, not the numeric keypad)

A png screen shot should appear on the desktop

:)

Thank you! This is a very informative day I'm having! I saw that F3 key (the F3 on the key is so stinkin' small!) but thought the little pic on it looked more like an envelope. I figured if I tried that one I'd be emailing someone. LOL!

vonpluto

Thank you! This is a very informative day I'm having! I saw that F3 key (the F3 on the key is so stinkin' small!) but thought the little pic on it looked more like an envelope. I figured if I tried that one I'd be emailing someone. LOL!

Ooops! My bad, I use a full keyboard with the numerics on the right.
For screen shot use the number 3, not the F3. (That's the speaker mute BTW):)

ABQ

So very sorry to bump an ancient thread. However, I received a new PM (conversation) in my inbox but it has no possible way to reply. Unlike other conversations I've had, the reply link just isn't there. Is it possible the person who started the conversation has their privacy settings set so high that I cannot reply? If that's the case, would it not be better that they couldn't initiate a conversation until they lower their privacy settings. As it is now, I fear I'll come off as a bit of a jerk if I just ignore them. :confused:

ABQ

So very sorry to bump an ancient thread. However, I received a new PM (conversation) in my inbox but it has no possible way to reply. Unlike other conversations I've had, the reply link just isn't there. Is it possible the person who started the conversation has their privacy settings set so high that I cannot reply? If that's the case, would it not be better that they couldn't initiate a conversation until they lower their privacy settings. As it is now, I fear I'll come off as a bit of a jerk if I just ignore them. :confused:
So there's really nothing I can do about this problem?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom