Plus Size In Disney

Punky

Original Poster
Ok so I recently gained maybe 60lbs (give or take a few), and I'm nervous I won't fit on the rides. My previous trips to Disney I was wayyyy smaller and now I'm terrified especially since I arrive Monday. I'm not sure if I was going through a mid life crisis or if my inner fat girl just won the battle, either way I'm disappointed in myself and embarrassed.

Ok now to the point of this post... Does Disney have the tester seats? Again I was wayyyy smaller last year so I never really paid attention.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Disney does not have tester seats. Most rides can accommodate large people I'm not sure what size you are but people over 300 lbs have reported being able to ride most everything with no issues. You can google and find lots of articles and blogs about it to help you out.

Dafid Duck

Ok so I recently gained maybe 60lbs (give or take a few), and I'm nervous I won't fit on the rides. My previous trips to Disney I was wayyyy smaller and now I'm terrified especially since I arrive Monday. I'm not sure if I was going through a mid life crisis or if my inner fat girl just won the battle, either way I'm disappointed in myself and embarrassed.

Ok now to the point of this post... Does Disney have the tester seats? Again I was wayyyy smaller last year so I never really paid attention.

The Disney correct way to refer to the situation of which you speak is "Pooh-sized". (Search for that on these forums. There have been some threads with that theme in the past.)

Don't feel bad or embarrassed. You will have a wonderful time!

Punky

Original Poster
Disney does not have tester seats. Most rides can accommodate large people I'm not sure what size you are but people over 300 lbs have reported being able to ride most everything with no issues. You can google and find lots of articles and blogs about it to help you out.

The Disney correct way to refer to the situation of which you speak is "Pooh-sized". (Search for that on these forums. There have been some threads with that theme in the past.)

Don't feel bad or embarrassed. You will have a wonderful time!

Thanx Guys! I'm definitely not 300lbs ( although in my mind I'm huge) just nervous because I've never been this big, and the last thing I would want is for my daughter not to be able to get on a ride because I won't fit. Maybe I'm just in my head, but this weight gain is messing with my mind. I guess I'll be on mission get back after my vacation.

tonganprince

I weigh about 275 and I've never had an issue on any rides. The only thing I stayed away from is the 7 dwarfs coaster because I heard skinny people complaining about being tight. I regret not trying it though.

Goofyernmost

Not anymore, but, I, at one point was at 335 with no issues at all in Disney. Universal was a different story, but, I only found two there that were a problem and that was Harry Potter and The Mummy! I'm not sure about the Rocket thing. Didn't need to know. You couldn't have gotten me on that at gunpoint.:jawdrop:

Gig 'Em Mickey

I was 300 on our last trip. I fit all the rides, with a loaded camera backpack under my legs. Space mountain is a little tight if you have long legs. Seven dwarfs is real tight simply due to the two safety bar system. However, I still fit. You can tolerate a little bit of tight for the short amount of time you're on the ride.

Punky

Original Poster
Ok I'm convinced that I'll be fine. The only thing I'm stressing about now is packing. Monday will be here before I know it. Thanx again guys:)

Not anymore, but, I, at one point was at 335 with no issues at all in Disney. Universal was a different story, but, I only found two there that were a problem and that was Harry Potter and The Mummy! I'm not sure about the Rocket thing. Didn't need to know. You couldn't have gotten me on that at gunpoint.:jawdrop:

Yeah, HP and the rocket are unforgiving

Goofyernmost

I weigh about 275 and I've never had an issue on any rides. The only thing I stayed away from is the 7 dwarfs coaster because I heard skinny people complaining about being tight. I regret not trying it though.
I was at 275 when I rode 7DMT. No problem at all. Don't get me wrong there isn't enough room to hold a barn dance. It is snug, but, I didn't find it uncomfortable and even if it was it only last a couple of minutes. I can tolerate anything that long. This, however, was fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom